Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Calling mods/administrators - Have other people received this PM?

Calling mods/administrators - Have other people received this PM?

Old Jan 25th 2007, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calling mods/administrators - Have other people received this PM?

"Dearest One

Greetings to you, I know this letter will be strange to you. It comes from a young 24 years old girl held up in a war country, Ivory Coast. I have been praying to God to give me somebody who will help me with my present condition since i have decided and made up my mind to relocate from here to stay with you in your country to start up my life again as you help me receive this box that is containing this fund in your country.

I am the only daughter of my late father and he was in government in Sierra Leone for about 3 years untill Johny Paul Zuma seized power,my father ran down to Ivory Coast here with me to take refugge. Things have been ok,untill the killings and political situation here become a problem and before he died,he deposited a trunk box containing the sum of $ 8.000,000 united state dollars with a private security company.With the documents issued to him which is on my posession now,the box is registered as family valuables and personal belogings he did this for the security of the fund and till date the security company did not know the true content of the box.

I have contacted the security company for the claim and retrival of the box on their custody and the director of the security company has agreed and promise to lift the box to my partner through their diplomatic means as soon as i appoint one since the political war here is geting worse.Due to this i want you to act as my partner to receive the consignment box in your country for me and help to get me out of here as i dont want to trust blindly to lose everything i have inherited from my late father.

Contact me with my private email address.
[email protected]

Hoping to hear from you urgently so as to give you more details..

Thank you and God bless you.

Mss Joyic Bamba."

Mods/administrators, please do something about user joyic4U

OzTennis

BTW I've been somewhat touched by this sob story and I'm about to give my bank account details to this person.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 1:46 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling mods/administrators - Have other people received this PM?

The situation has been taken care of.

Originally Posted by OzTennis
"Dearest One

Greetings to you, I know this letter will be strange to you. It comes from a young 24 years old girl held up in a war country, Ivory Coast. I have been praying to God to give me somebody who will help me with my present condition since i have decided and made up my mind to relocate from here to stay with you in your country to start up my life again as you help me receive this box that is containing this fund in your country.

I am the only daughter of my late father and he was in government in Sierra Leone for about 3 years untill Johny Paul Zuma seized power,my father ran down to Ivory Coast here with me to take refugge. Things have been ok,untill the killings and political situation here become a problem and before he died,he deposited a trunk box containing the sum of $ 8.000,000 united state dollars with a private security company.With the documents issued to him which is on my posession now,the box is registered as family valuables and personal belogings he did this for the security of the fund and till date the security company did not know the true content of the box.

I have contacted the security company for the claim and retrival of the box on their custody and the director of the security company has agreed and promise to lift the box to my partner through their diplomatic means as soon as i appoint one since the political war here is geting worse.Due to this i want you to act as my partner to receive the consignment box in your country for me and help to get me out of here as i dont want to trust blindly to lose everything i have inherited from my late father.

Contact me with my private email address.
[email protected]

Hoping to hear from you urgently so as to give you more details..

Thank you and God bless you.

Mss Joyic Bamba."

Mods/administrators, please do something about user joyic4U

OzTennis

BTW I've been somewhat touched by this sob story and I'm about to give my bank account details to this person.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Now on the subject of performing miracles, can you make Arkon say something nice about the land down under?

OzTennis
Old Jan 25th 2007, 1:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. Now on the subject of performing miracles, can you make Arkon say something nice about the land down under?

OzTennis
Theres already a thread in the Barbie from someone else who rec'd it. All sorted as a result of that.
Good thing they didn't ask me for cash, they'd have got an un-moderator like response!!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Theres already a thread in the Barbie from someone else who rec'd it. All sorted as a result of that.
Good thing they didn't ask me for cash, they'd have got an un-moderator like response!!
Yep. Just out of interest, can users such as this be 'backward traced' by site administrators to find out where the scam is originating from? The usual Russian and Nigerian scams are semi-literate at best, this one is well written.

OzTennis
Old Jan 25th 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

What amazes me is that these type of sob stories have been doing the rounds for years, but someone must be falling for it, or else they wouldn't still be doing it although I think they have moderated the amounts somewhat, I think I remember receiving e-mails about a millions pounds stashed away somewhere, and they just needed your bank account details to access it

Dolly
Old Jan 25th 2007, 9:54 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. Just out of interest, can users such as this be 'backward traced' by site administrators to find out where the scam is originating from? The usual Russian and Nigerian scams are semi-literate at best, this one is well written.

OzTennis
They can be traced from their IP address. Unless they've been really smart and bounced the mail off a few relays around the world first - not too likely.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:17 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

The scam is known as the 419 advance fee fraud and got its name from the Nigerian penal code that deals with this type of fraud. From penal code "419"

It was a few years ago when I used to do a bit of "scam-baiting" and managed to string the scammers along for ages, even getting them to leave me phone messages. Have a listen to this message I got one scammer to leave me when I was Luke I Amyofatha. I told the scammer that when he called he had to use a special code:

http://www.geocities.com/cola_andrew..._amyofatha.htm

The full scam-bait is here if you fancy a laugh:

http://www.geocities.com/cola_andrew...manongoing.htm
Old Jan 25th 2007, 10:31 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Love it!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 11:20 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
The full scam-bait is here if you fancy a laugh:

http://www.geocities.com/cola_andrew...manongoing.htm
M8.....I haven't laughed as much in years ...that could make a fabby mockumentory good on ya Luke

Who's your daddy
Old Jan 26th 2007, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

shears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond reputeshears has a reputation beyond repute

Luke, I hope you went back to the Church of Nocturnal Emissions to pray for forgiveness!!! Oh, that was good
Old Jan 26th 2007, 5:26 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Old Jan 26th 2007, 7:42 am
Banned

Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Brilliant, just brilliant.

Glad you liked it. There was a few more I did but I cant remember what webpage I made for them except for When I was Mr Dick Serkumsizer and got a nice funny pic from the scammer with my name on it.

This one I pasted all the fake documants into the body of the webpage so you dont have to click a link but as a result its quite large.

Anyway, I thought it was probably my best scambait with around 90 emails back and forth and lots of goodies along the way.

http://geocities.com/cola_andrews/di...nladi_fini.htm
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:14 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

pmsl
Old Jan 26th 2007, 8:22 pm
Banned

I suppose if anyone was interested I could start a BE interactive scambait where everyone gets a turn at writing the next email in the bait. It could actually work good with an assortment of imaginative people.
Just have to come up with a name for the baiter
I did start one with the name Blackun Decker, the master toolmaker with his own factory etc and got a call from some fake lawyer. Ive got it somewhere but buggered if I can remember where I put it on the net.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.