Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Calling All Plumbers....Help Advise Needed

Wikiposts

Calling All Plumbers....Help Advise Needed

Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:09 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Calling All Plumbers....Help Advise Needed

aaaaarrrghhh!!!!

My central heatings started acting up. All radiators working well except the kitchen one which today decided to stay freezing cold despite me pleading with it to warm up (was frreeeeezzziiingggg here today).

The system is 2 years old. We just finished our period of cover with the builders 2 weeks ago, can you believe it.

Before we go spending a fortune to get someone round, can anyone suggest anything we might be able to do ourselves?????

BTW, we have checked it with the key but OH says there's no air in it, just water so it's not needing bled.

Thanks in advance.

Gill
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling All Plumbers....Help Advise Needed

Originally Posted by herrchook
aaaaarrrghhh!!!!

My central heatings started acting up. All radiators working well except the kitchen one which today decided to stay freezing cold despite me pleading with it to warm up (was frreeeeezzziiingggg here today).

The system is 2 years old. We just finished our period of cover with the builders 2 weeks ago, can you believe it.

Before we go spending a fortune to get someone round, can anyone suggest anything we might be able to do ourselves?????

BTW, we have checked it with the key but OH says there's no air in it, just water so it's not needing bled.

Thanks in advance.

Gill

sounds daft but have you checked to see if one of the kids has turned it off. As ive had that happen to me
Mandy
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:12 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
sounds daft but have you checked to see if one of the kids has turned it off. As ive had that happen to me
Mandy
lol, oh yeah, one of the first things I checked . Thanks though Mandy.

Gill
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:14 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

aaaaarrrghhh!!!!

Thanks in advance.

Gill
sods law eh!!!!
Is the rad completely cold or warm at the top and cold at bottom??
Try shutting off all the other rads at both ends if the faulty one then works your heating system may need 'balancing'. Doesnt mean anything to me but this is what OH is suggesting!!!! C x
Old Dec 11th 2006, 9:18 am
Sunny Sydney

Originally Posted by shiels
sods law eh!!!!
Is the rad completely cold or warm at the top and cold at bottom??
Try shutting off all the other rads at both ends if the faulty one then works your heating system may need 'balancing'. Doesnt mean anything to me but this is what OH is suggesting!!!! C x
Thanks for that. OH is trying that right now. The rad is completely cold and so is the pipe leading into it. Looks like a blockage??
Old Dec 11th 2006, 6:56 pm
Sunny Sydney

Thanks for that. OH is trying that right now. The rad is completely cold and so is the pipe leading into it. Looks like a blockage??
Still freezing this morning. Gonna have to make a call I think. At least it's the kitchen rad and nowhere else.

Thanks for the help last night.

Gill
Old Dec 12th 2006, 12:42 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Still freezing this morning. Gonna have to make a call I think. At least it's the kitchen rad and nowhere else.

Thanks for the help last night.

Gill
No problem......anytime. C x