Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Calling all Australian teachers!

Wikiposts

Calling all Australian teachers!

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of
Default Calling all Australian teachers!

When I was a kid (in the 80's in NSW) there were school things I played with that I am trying to locate for my son.........one was a box of blocks used for counting. I think they were used for number places, one was a white cube, 10was an an orange stick (I hope this makes sense to someone out there).

Basically is there a site I can buy school supplies please?

Also there was a set of reading book we used to learn to read I think there was a blue and red cover sets........I will know them when I see them.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:04 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all Australian teachers!

Is this the sort of thing you meant?

Harleys is a good shop but its based up here in Cairns - so you may want something a bit more local to you! I've found them very helpful and efficient!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:15 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

That looks exactly what I was thinking about, so I suspect that's it.

It teaches children how to count with the Base 10 counting system (which is what we use).
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:09 pm
ABCDiamond

Made in Taiwan by: Genius Toy Taiwan Co., Ltd.

If you are still in the UK
http://www.learningresources.co.uk/C...splay=Base+Ten

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Do you mean Cuisenaire rods? (coloured) http://www.cathyduffyreviews.com/mat...naire-rods.htm or MAB blocks (Th, H, T U plain wood)?

Pretty sure you can still get them
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seayork2002
When I was a kid (in the 80's in NSW) there were school things I played with that I am trying to locate for my son.........one was a box of blocks used for counting. I think they were used for number places, one was a white cube, 10was an an orange stick (I hope this makes sense to someone out there).

Basically is there a site I can buy school supplies please?

Also there was a set of reading book we used to learn to read I think there was a blue and red cover sets........I will know them when I see them.

You can buy Cuisenaire rods at www.oztion.com.au They are in the Educational Toys section for $16.99.