Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Call me barking, but......

Wikiposts

Call me barking, but......

Old May 29th 2008, 12:17 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Call me barking, but......

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Yup that's why I said call me Barking I am putting my faith in DIAC, The Passport Office, my travel agent who all confirm that what I'm doing is ok by them, just to make sure I leave plenty of time explaining to the airline. The Passport Office could turn the passport out in 2 working days. Unfortunately the ceremony is at 3pm on the Wednesday on the GC, nearest DIAC office is up in Brissie so couldn't get up there until the Thursday and we fly at midday on the Friday so whilst she wanted to book me in, it wasn't worth it.

I know of at least two people who have travelled with the cancelled visa and certificate and had no issues so it's all going to be fine
Did you see that film with Tom Hanks where he ends up living in the airport for months on end?
Old May 29th 2008, 12:19 am

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
Did you see that film with Tom Hanks where he ends up living in the airport for months on end?
Anyone see that episode of Nothing to Declare where this woman had her visa cancelled and the computer couldn't show that she was a citizen?

She ended up being put in quarentine and sent back to the UK.
Old May 29th 2008, 12:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debsy
Oh dear, I won't be able to come as I have an exam on that day
Good Luck Pen
No worries hon. K and the girls not coming either

Worzel - what's the worst that could happen? As an Australian citizen I have to be shipped back. It's all good. Just need to have the paperwork sorted in order to carry daughter's meds through Dubai so we don't get arrested but that's another story WTF am I doing
Old May 29th 2008, 12:35 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Worzel - what's the worst that could happen?
You could get to spend some bonus quality time with your mum
Old May 29th 2008, 12:35 am

Cleopatra is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Old May 29th 2008, 12:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleopatra
Anyone see that episode of Nothing to Declare where this woman had her visa cancelled and the computer couldn't show that she was a citizen?

She ended up being put in quarentine and sent back to the UK.
WTF! no bugger's putting me in quarantine
Originally Posted by Bix
Shit, not thought of that Nah, I'd just camp out at AHC for a few days, seen a few do that, just need a shopping trolley, lots of newspapers, a few bottles of crap cheap beer - sorted
Old May 29th 2008, 1:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I want to be a Sultana though. Wonder how much they'd pay me for first born
Prefer raisins myself!