Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Cake decorating shop on the Gold Coast?

Cake decorating shop on the Gold Coast?

Old Jul 24th 2009, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice
Default Cake decorating shop on the Gold Coast?

Ha sanyone found a cake decorating shop on the Gold Coast??
Used to make my own cakes and had all the dyes and pastes and even edible glue but had to get rid of it all when we moved. Havent found anywhere to replace it all yet!
Have now found fondant icing which is a start, but thats it!!
Cheers Claire.x
Old Jul 24th 2009, 11:31 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cake decorating shop on the Gold Coast?

Originally Posted by gazclaire
Used to make my own cakes and had all the dyes and pastes and even edible glue but had to get rid of it all when we moved. Havent found anywhere to replace it all yet!
Cheers Claire.x

Hello from one cake decorator to another

I think theres a place in Southport that sells cake dec stuff, sure my work has got some stuff from there, but has most stuff from a supplier who delivers straight to the shop. X
Old Jul 24th 2009, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice

Thanks Sheils tried looking online with no luck but have heard that there might be one in southport just need to find out where and i will be there like a shot! Got both Kids birthdays in the next few weeks!! arrrgghhh no pressue then! Small block of fondant and liquid colours! nice, not guna work is it!!!
Got any jobs?? ha ha.xx
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:03 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Claire.x
Thanks Sheils tried looking online with no luck but have heard that there might be one in southport just need to find out where and i will be there like a shot! Got both Kids birthdays in the next few weeks!! arrrgghhh no pressue then! Small block of fondant and liquid colours! nice, not guna work is it!!!
Got any jobs?? ha ha.xx
Ever made an ice cream cake!!!! Never heard of one til i moved here!! Think the shop at Southport is a kitchen one, could find out next week at work if that will help? X
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

This is going to be really unhelpful but I've been in a shop somewhere here where there was stacks of cake decorating stuff. For the life of me I can't remember where it was There may be some colours and stuff in a shop called Wheel & Barrow which is in the same complex as Freedom and Trade Secrets - The Brickworks, Southport (Bundall end). Damn, wish I could remember. I'll keep thinking.
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shiels
Ever made an ice cream cake!!!! Never heard of one til i moved here!! Think the shop at Southport is a kitchen one, could find out next week at work if that will help? X
Cake the shape of an ice cream or made of ice cream?? thats baskin Robbins territory!!!
Thank you, not a proper quilified decorater but i dont do bad and very trainable! is thats what you meant in your post? or did you mean find out what the shop is called?
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
This is going to be really unhelpful but I've been in a shop somewhere here where there was stacks of cake decorating stuff. For the life of me I can't remember where it was There may be some colours and stuff in a shop called Wheel & Barrow which is in the same complex as Freedom and Trade Secrets - The Brickworks, Southport (Bundall end). Damn, wish I could remember. I'll keep thinking.
Ta luvie keep thinking!
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:18 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Cake the shape of an ice cream or made of ice cream?? thats baskin Robbins territory!!!
Thank you, not a proper quilified decorater but i dont do bad and very trainable! is thats what you meant in your post? or did you mean find out what the shop is called?
http://www.wiltonaustralia.com.au/home

http://cakedecoratingshop.info/

Have a look at these.....

Baskin Robbins, tut tut, Cold Rock rules!!!!

I meant i could find out about supply places, no jobs im afraid at the mo. X
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:19 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Still waiting.....LOL!!!

I think this is where the shop Im on about is. X
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shiels
http://www.wiltonaustralia.com.au/home

http://cakedecoratingshop.info/

Have a look at these.....

Baskin Robbins, tut tut, Cold Rock rules!!!!

I meant i could find out about supply places, no jobs im afraid at the mo. X
Ha Ha thanks my lovely.xx
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:27 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's (Wheel & Barrow) a lovely shop. Need a second mortgage for the pans mind you but it is next door to a deli that gets deliveries of Wenz's (old poster on here) Pork Pies which are to die for. Real English pukka pies but they're not cheap either.

Still thinking but it's gone, unless the place I'm thinking of is W&B which would be really daft but hey
Old Jul 24th 2009, 12:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's (Wheel & Barrow) a lovely shop. Need a second mortgage for the pans mind you but it is next door to a deli that gets deliveries of Wenz's (old poster on here) Pork Pies which are to die for. Real English pukka pies but they're not cheap either.

Still thinking but it's gone, unless the place I'm thinking of is W&B which would be really daft but hey
Theres a wheel and barrow in robina now not been in though but didnt think it did icing and things? looked very posh from the outside
will go in and have a look but have found the store in southport and will give them a call.
Ta guys can always rely on u!
Old Jul 25th 2009, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

bump up to you morning lot any ideas?
Old Jul 25th 2009, 12:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Just found this. You have to contact them to find out the address - why it's a flaming secret I have no idea but the phone number's there. Try them.
Old Jul 25th 2009, 1:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Thank you money pen looks good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.