Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

c restaurant - anyone been

c restaurant - anyone been

Old Feb 9th 2009, 2:14 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light
Default c restaurant - anyone been

Hi Guys,

Its my birthday on Labour Day and my daughter is over from England, so double celebration

Was thinking of going to c restaurant to do the business lunch (nice steak meal) has anyone been? was it worth it, do you have to book.

Thanks a million Lo.x
Old Feb 9th 2009, 3:58 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: c restaurant - anyone been

Originally Posted by yanchep
Hi Guys,

Its my birthday on Labour Day and my daughter is over from England, so double celebration

Was thinking of going to c restaurant to do the business lunch (nice steak meal) has anyone been? was it worth it, do you have to book.

Thanks a million Lo.x
If you are after an impressive view then it is a good choice. I have been a couple of times and the food was lovely. You do pay for it though.

Decor was looking a bit tired the last time but as you are constanly looking out the window you don't notice that much.

Service the first time not too good, second time fantastic.

Overall, if you haven't been before then go for it, it is a nice experiance. A bit weird though when you walk from the revolving part to the static part of the restaurant.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:49 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Thanks a million Lo.x
I havent been back for a couple of years, but other than the view I dont overly rate the place, food is ok but nothing exceptional, service is varied, it always feel like a cold restaurant to me, sorting of lacking any real atmosphere.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:56 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve99
I havent been back for a couple of years, but other than the view I dont overly rate the place, food is ok but nothing exceptional, service is varied, it always feel like a cold restaurant to me, sorting of lacking any real atmosphere.
I am with you, totally trading on an old reputation.

I would pick Frasers or Oceanus over C Restaurant.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

I wasnt really going just for the food, I thought maybe just having the experience of a revolving restaurant would be good, just something a little different to show my daughter.

Can you just go to into the bar and have a few drinks, does the bar revolve as well (no funny remarks about 'well it depends on how many wines you have had' either , lol ) or is it just the restaurant that revolves.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

Hi Yanchep,

We went there for hubby's chrimbo do, the views are fairly spectactular, especially at sunset, also the food looks and tastes gorgeous, fantastic presentation, but a bit nouvelle cuisine, if you know what I mean!

Fairly pricey, but well worth it I thought.

Louise
Old Feb 9th 2009, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys,

Thanks a million Lo.x
If your looking for something closer to home for you i would reccommend Conti´s Winery Restaurant on the Wanneroo road near Wangara. One of the Northern Suburbs best kept secret, Been there a couple of times and can honestly say First Class food and service. Not the same views but for that special occasion well worth a try.

John
Old Feb 16th 2009, 5:12 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone see the review of C in Saturdays paper (one of the magazines I think) ?
It was a very good read, almost comical, they absolutely slated it and gave it one of the worst reviews i've ever seen a Perth restaurant get.

They sent a scallop off for DNA testing !
Old Feb 16th 2009, 6:42 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steve99
Did anyone see the review of C in Saturdays paper (one of the magazines I think) ?
It was a very good read, almost comical, they absolutely slated it and gave it one of the worst reviews i've ever seen a Perth restaurant get.

They sent a scallop off for DNA testing !
After reading that review I take back my recommendation to the OP.

Don't think I will be returning again, it was a pretty scathing review.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

There was a similar review in The Menu Magazine a couple of months ago.

Milston Gardens is good though
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Well I was gunna book it tonight or tomorrow, what did the review say
Old Feb 16th 2009, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

On the occasion's the critics were in the food quality was poor. The menu price is one of the most expensivein Perth for the type of food available. The saving grace is the novelty of a rotating restaurant.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

twhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud oftwhurl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Loch Lomond
On the occasion's the critics were in the food quality was poor. The menu price is one of the most expensivein Perth for the type of food available. The saving grace is the novelty of a rotating restaurant.
That review was great reading. I especially loved the part about him cruising around to the band playing Toto's 'Africa' and trying to will the thing to spin faster. Absolutely hilarious and a good honest scathing review. Sounded like a night from hell.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:38 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twhurl
That review was great reading. I especially loved the part about him cruising around to the band playing Toto's 'Africa' and trying to will the thing to spin faster. Absolutely hilarious and a good honest scathing review. Sounded like a night from hell.
LOL, i absolutely agree, having worked in the industry for years, that had to be one of the most slating reviews ever.
Old Feb 16th 2009, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I wasnt really going just for the food, I thought maybe just having the experience of a revolving restaurant would be good, just something a little different to show my daughter.

Can you just go to into the bar and have a few drinks, does the bar revolve as well (no funny remarks about 'well it depends on how many wines you have had' either , lol ) or is it just the restaurant that revolves.
We went for the experience too, nice restaurant, very very expesive....food was abit rubbish though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.