Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Old Mar 27th 2018, 5:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
The problem is no one trusts them with Medicare and these headlines are some of the reasons why.

No Cookies | The Mercury

Privatising Medicare payments is a distraction from real reform - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/nati...privatisation/

https://www.crikey.com.au/2016/06/21...rivate-health/

As in the UK no right wing Government can be trusted with a Universal health service. May's lot are just reinforcing the stereotype of destroying these systems.

It's an absoulte stone cold certainity that given time in power the Liberals would destroy Medicare....... Take you head out the sand and accept that hard historically proven fact. You are the one proving yourself to be gullible with your ongoing mantra..... Not the Australian public.
You say "historically proven fact" in the past tense. Gullible. You've been drinking too much of the Shorten Kool Aid lies. Wakey wakey
Old Mar 27th 2018, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
You say "historically proven fact" in the past tense. Gullible. You've been drinking too much of the Shorten Kool Aid lies. Wakey wakey

There hasn't been one right wing government that hasn't cut Universal Health Care services.....

From contracting out cleaners to keeping wages at 1pct per annum for year after year.

It's all about cutting services and trying to instill the user pays mindset into the general public and chip chip chip away.

Whereas Labour Governments always try and improve services..... It's written in stone me ole son and the Aus Public wont trust your mean mates.

I doubt you bothered to read even a part of any of the articles, cos your mind is fixed and it is driven by ideology rather than facts.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 27th 2018 at 5:49 am.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 8:29 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

There hasn't been one right wing government that hasn't cut Universal Health Care services.....

From contracting out cleaners to keeping wages at 1pct per annum for year after year.

It's all about cutting services and trying to instill the user pays mindset into the general public and chip chip chip away.

Whereas Labour Governments always try and improve services..... It's written in stone me ole son and the Aus Public wont trust your mean mates.

I doubt you bothered to read even a part of any of the articles, cos your mind is fixed and it is driven by ideology rather than facts.
Australia doesn't have a right-wing government - they are basically centre-left, centre at best

That's why Australia's future doesn't look too rosy in the near future
Old Mar 27th 2018, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie. Is the Kool Aid is kicking in.

Firstly changing the way you structure cleaning staff is not cutting services for us public. Hospitals are still cleaned as effectively if not better as they always have been. I was in my local hospital yesterday. The service as per usual was very good. This is NSW. Liberal government. Another lie.

From what I can see nurses and many other public sector workers have been getting 2.5% pay rises in recent years, well above inflation and better than many private sector workers. Is that another lie?

Where I live public services are have been on the way up since we booted the ALP, massive government spend improving services for all. Liberal government here.

What's happening in your state?

I think you'll find you are misinformed. If any government ALP or Libs, decides to restructure things, the intention is usually for the good of finances, or improve something that's broken. That's called management and what we employ them to do.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Ozzie Ozzie Ozzie. Is the Kool Aid is kicking in.

Firstly changing the way you structure cleaning staff is not cutting services for us public. Hospitals are still cleaned as effectively if not better as they always have been. I was in my local hospital yesterday. The service as per usual was very good. This is NSW. Liberal government. Another lie.

From what I can see nurses and many other public sector workers have been getting 2.5% pay rises in recent years, well above inflation and better than many private sector workers. Is that another lie?

Where I live public services are have been on the way up since we booted the ALP, massive government spend improving services for all. Liberal government here.

What's happening in your state?

I think you'll find you are misinformed. If any government ALP or Libs, decides to restructure things, the intention is usually for the good of finances, or improve something that's broken. That's called management and what we employ them to do.
Delusional...

Just ask anyone that works in any hospital in Australia.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Delusional...

About what? Their pay rises? Have I got that increase wrong?

Ozzie, you are saying that Libs cut services in particular you sighted hospitals. As a member of the tax paying public, I say that's rubbish as I have been visiting the public health system regular.

Ok it may be different in other areas and other states and for other health conditions, but I am in a Liberals state and my local is great.

Why would I ask workers in hospitals? My family is the one receiving the service and we are the taxpayers. That's where the opinion needs to be formed - from those receiving the service.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 10:05 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Delusional...

If anyone is working somewhere where they are not happy, they should change jobs

That's how it works in the real world and it ain't rocket surgery
Old Mar 27th 2018, 9:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
If anyone is working somewhere where they are not happy, they should change jobs

To the point that it almost destroyed the NHS..... yeah not rocket science.

Some people feel a vocational draw and they are being exploited for their good hearts.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 27th 2018 at 9:54 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzie, you are saying that Libs cut services in particular you sighted hospitals. As a member of the tax paying public, I say that's rubbish as I have been visiting the public health system regular.

Ok it may be different in other areas and other states and for other health conditions, but I am in a Liberals state and my local is great.

Why would I ask workers in hospitals? My family is the one receiving the service and we are the taxpayers. That's where the opinion needs to be formed - from those receiving the service.
Yeahp 207 days wait for Hip replacement, 291 Days for for Knee replacement and 222 days for Cataract surgery is going just fine...... One of the longest waits in Australia almost double the wait of overseas. Talk to the nurses. 2.5 pct for a nurse.... yeahp they are losing out pro rata on their interstate counterparts and a lot of other workers.... Definitely worth more than 2.5 pct.... If you think thats enough then you will reap the outcome, which will be less English speaking nurses as a first language.

Delusional like I said.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 27th 2018 at 9:52 pm.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Some people feel a vocational draw and they are being exploited for their good hearts.
Your right there ozzie. Neolibs or what some call Lib's have no awareness nor understanding of altruism or 'good hearts'. In fact regard them as at best weak and worst as the enemy, getting in the way of profit and Darwinism instincts.

They will without doubt take Australia down the American path in healthcare.
Once gone it will be too late to murmur discontent. WE had a taste of their cocky, superior, ideological state of mind during a fairly recent budget, that they assumed would get past the usually apathetic population but failed miserably.
What we need is a true Liberal Party that performs as it says on the packet.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Yeahp 207 days wait for Hip replacement, 291 Days for for Knee replacement and 222 days for Cataract surgery is going just fine...... One of the longest waits in Australia almost double the wait of overseas. Talk to the nurses. 2.5 pct for a nurse.... yeahp they are losing out pro rata on their interstate counterparts and a lot of other workers.... Definitely worth more than 2.5 pct.... If you think thats enough then you will reap the outcome, which will be less English speaking nurses as a first language.

Delusional like I said.

Quite the case. Out of pocket expenses getting expensive. Private health care becoming a rort. Waiting times blowing out. Corporatizing of illness well within the agenda ...declining quality...shame those that applaud an ever increasing two tier health system don't go to/return to a /the country they come from where such procedures are de rigour.
Old Mar 27th 2018, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu

Certainly more advanced than rocket science to you. The usual old black and white statement without any shades of light, let alone enlightenment between breaths.

Perhaps it is the company that needs to change and look at its culture. Perhaps it is new management needing to be reigned in. Perhaps it is corrupt practices and inefficient policy that needs changing.

If everybody left every job, due to periods of unhappiness and nobody took to task those creating the unhappiness we would be in an even more dire world than the one the neo libs have in store for us at the moment.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 5:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Calling something a vocation is seen as an excuse to pay them shit money for poor conditions. My wife's a teacher at a pre-school, she's bearly clearing minimum wage yet she loves her job and she loves the kids.

The best paying jobs provide what people want, not what they need and it's all skewed if you ask me.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 6:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Typical let them eat cake attitude, doesn't matter that the junior doctor or nurse was on the end of a 20 hour shift. It soon would if a fatigue related cock up had catastrophic consequences (God forbid) . Ozzie is absolutely right that the powers that be exploit those that can't turn away because of their strong moral compass. Sorry state of affairs and it'll only get worse, everyone has a breaking point and eventually the public hospitals will be left with second tier staff not good or caring enough to make it in the private sector.
Old Mar 28th 2018, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Typical let them eat cake attitude, doesn't matter that the junior doctor or nurse was on the end of a 20 hour shift. It soon would if a fatigue related cock up had catastrophic consequences (God forbid) . Ozzie is absolutely right that the powers that be exploit those that can't turn away because of their strong moral compass. Sorry state of affairs and it'll only get worse, everyone has a breaking point and eventually the public hospitals will be left with second tier staff not good or caring enough to make it in the private sector.
Just coming off my 20 hour shift here. Been at it since 4:30am. So yeah .... 20 hour shifts..... wish I got the overtime they get. My choice though. No one else to blame.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.