British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/bye-bye-liberal-government-will-you-ever-learn-876080/)

Amazulu Jun 12th 2019 4:44 am

Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 12696379)
When we looked the VW Golf was cheaper in Australia than Europe, basic model not the GTI. Using the U.S dollar to compare prices it was about 6k cheaper in Australia than Germany & 7k cheaper than the U.K. [My dad was looking at buying new and we spent an evening on skype comparing prices].
Your man knows that but it doesn't fit his agenda to acknowledge it.

Spot on - someone who knows what they are talking about - and you're right about his agenda

the troubadour Jun 17th 2019 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Beoz (Post 12696309)
I wouldn't worry about it. $66,331 is the luxury car threshold. I certainly don't believe in paying such prices for a depreciating asset and you can't afford such so its irrelevant. Anything below this price is pretty much the same where ever you buy it. I know the VW Tiguan is the same price on exchange rate in Australia, the UK and the USA. The beauty of it all is that we in Australia earn more on exchange rate so again, Australia is the disposable income king out of those 3 countries.

Falling dollar will sort that out if true.

the troubadour Jun 17th 2019 11:57 am

When we looked the VW Golf was cheaper in Australia than Europe, basic model not the GTI. Using the U.S dollar to compare prices it was about 6k cheaper in Australia than Germany & 7k cheaper than the U.K. [My dad was looking at buying new and we spent an evening on skype comparing prices].

"Your man' knows no such thing. But a VW Gulf is hardly a prestigious car and can be purchased in Germany new for a very good price. No agenda being played out buta feeble attempt at a smart alec comment.

Amazulu Jun 18th 2019 12:03 am

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12699164)
"Your man' knows no such thing. But a VW Gulf is hardly a prestigious car and can be purchased in Germany new for a very good price. No agenda being played out buta feeble attempt at a smart alec comment.

As can a VW Golf here (don't know what a VW Gulf is) - the new car market is very competitive. Only you are talking about 'prestige' and 'luxury' cars

Pussant picture?

the troubadour Jun 20th 2019 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12699441)
As can a VW Golf here (don't know what a VW Gulf is) - the new car market is very competitive. Only you are talking about 'prestige' and 'luxury' cars

Pussant picture?

Do you really have nothing else on the subject to discuss? The economy is in a mess, people have just been conned into voting something that will most likely not be in their longer term interests but you go on about the most unimportant matter of cars. You know you can't catch me on debate and any attempt to notch up a piddling score will suffice.

Amazulu Jun 20th 2019 4:38 am

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12700535)
Do you really have nothing else on the subject to discuss? The economy is in a mess, people have just been conned into voting something that will most likely not be in their longer term interests but you go on about the most unimportant matter of cars. You know you can't catch me on debate and any attempt to notch up a piddling score will suffice.

Not really

All I want you do do is post a picture of a car that you mouthed off about - the VW Pussant

That's all - easy peasy, Japanesy

cresta57 Jun 20th 2019 8:05 am

Let's just go back to review how you've twisted this thread, dodged and wriggled like a worm on a hook:
Firstly we had the claim below, quite a simple statement, one even your limited skill set could comprehend.

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12690697)
Why are some German-made cars cheaper to buy in Australia compared to Germany?

Why are consumer electronics cheaper to buy in Australia compared to the UK?

Answers on a postcard please!

Your reply immediately jumped to BMW & Mercedes, though neither were mentioned above. You also brought the luxury car tax into the game.

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12691466)
It would take a tomb and more to fill in your lack of knowledge, I'm afraid. If you want to suggest such things tell the entire truth. You are not seriously telling me a BMW is cheaper in Australia than Germany? Or a Mercedes? That would be simply untrue. Australia is very expensive for any so termed 'luxury' model. Never heard of the Luxury Tax? These cars would be cheaper in your native South Africa. What is cheaper are some of the smaller makes like Festiva's and the like. (Probably some of the Korean SUV's for example)Not sure who would drive those in Germany.
But never fear. The falling Aussie dollar will be pay to any foreign imports.

At around the same time Zulu was looking to buy one of his VW's my dad & I were looking at the same model. Excellent well made reliable cars and exceptional value for money. Made in Germany & 6k cheaper here than there, a simple statement. You could have said "Oh O.K really? I didn't know that" Instead we have a further insight into your lack of knowledge where you tell us it's not true and only Festivas & Korean cars would be cheaper.

Originally Posted by Amazulu (Post 12691476)
You're obviously unaware, but last time looked, Germany has other can manufacturers apart from BMW and MB. There's a tiny, niche car maker called VW. Not very well know but they're in the game. Mind-blowing knowledge but there it is. Check them out

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12699164)

Now you've of course had a quick google and found that the VW Golf is indeed 6k [U.S.D] cheaper here than it is where it's manufactured in Germany. Perish the thought that you'd acknowledge being wrong so you revert back to VW Golf, sorry Gulf, not being a prestigious car. No shit Sherlock! None of us said it was and only you ever brought up the luxury car tax thing.
Like I said it doesn't fit your agenda to accept that:
A You were wrong
B You know you were wrong
C We all know you're wrong

Beoz Jun 20th 2019 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12700535)

That's right. The economy is shot. ....... maybe in WA. Best take your blinkers off and look a bit further a field.

The only con here was the damage Silly Billy Shorton was going to do to this country. Those who contribute dodged a bullet.