Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Old Jun 3rd 2019, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Many new cars are cheaper in Australia than in Europe - Japanese, Korean, some European (including German)

Check it out

Never heard of a Pussat BTW. Must be a car that's only available in your (alternative) universe
Australia has among the most expensive new cars in the world. End off. There is a tax on what is deemed luxury vehicles. End off. Pussant is made by VW. No idea if cheaper in Australia, but hardly matters. The range I had was cheaper in D. End off.
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 1:25 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Australia has among the most expensive new cars in the world. End off. There is a tax on what is deemed luxury vehicles. End off. Pussant is made by VW. No idea if cheaper in Australia, but hardly matters. The range I had was cheaper in D. End off.
That really is not true - please, like me, do some research before spouting off

Can you post a link to the VW Pussant?
Old Jun 5th 2019, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

That really is not true - please, like me, do some research before spouting off

Can you post a link to the VW Pussant?
I really don't much care. I detest cars and most things around them. You pick on the dumbest things. I have told you the latest model VW at the time was purchased in Germany for les than Australia. It hardly matters, nor takes away the fact that Australia is more expensive for most everything.

What I will though is search the shipping movements out of Fremantle for vessels departing across the Indian O, Durban bound. A far better value of time that searching nonsense.
Old Jun 5th 2019, 5:08 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't much care. I detest cars and most things around them. You pick on the dumbest things. I have told you the latest model VW at the time was purchased in Germany for les than Australia. It hardly matters, nor takes away the fact that Australia is more expensive for most everything.

What I will though is search the shipping movements out of Fremantle for vessels departing across the Indian O, Durban bound. A far better value of time that searching nonsense.

That was then but very different today - the times they are a changin'

Still waiting for a link to the VW Pussant
Old Jun 6th 2019, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That was then but very different today - the times they are a changin'

Still waiting for a link to the VW Pussant
Thing being new cars are among the most expensive in Australia. German makes no exception. As I've stated with luxury tax hiking up the cost. WA economy still in the doldrums despite you giving out info to the contrary.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 1:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Thing being new cars are among the most expensive in Australia. German makes no exception. As I've stated with luxury tax hiking up the cost. WA economy still in the doldrums despite you giving out info to the contrary.
Like you I know very little about cars but in recent research in trying to pick up a new SUV for the wife, the price of a VW Tiguan and the Mazda CX9 are very similar. The Tiguan slightly (by a grand or 2) more expensive. However the luxury items on the Tiguan outweigh the Mazda.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 5:12 am
Proudly Deplorable

Again, this is not necessarily true - many new cars are cheaper in Australia than many other countries. This never used to be the case but it is now - times change - please research before mouthing off. Not every new car is affected by the LCT

Please post a picture of the VW Pussant
Old Jun 7th 2019, 7:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Again, this is not necessarily true - many new cars are cheaper in Australia than many other countries. This never used to be the case but it is now - times change - please research before mouthing off. Not every new car is affected by the LCT

Please post a picture of the VW Pussant
Please read before mouthing off . What was said was NOT new cars, but LUXURY cars are taxed with a tax. 33% or similar from memory.
Old Jun 7th 2019, 7:54 am
Proudly Deplorable

Please read before mouthing off . What was said was NOT new cars, but LUXURY cars are taxed with a tax. 33% or similar from memory.
Eh? Read back champ - you're the one who brought up luxury cars, not me. I was referring to the fact that some German-made cars are cheaper here

Get your facts right before mouthing off
Old Jun 7th 2019, 12:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Eh? Read back champ - you're the one who brought up luxury cars, not me. I was referring to the fact that some German-made cars are cheaper here

Kind of wondering about that. Are Volkswagen considered luxury cars
Old Jun 11th 2019, 3:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Luxury tax makes luxury cars expensive in Australia. End off. Hardly a subject worth even discussing. I don't know of any German cars cheaper in Australia than Germany. If there is a cheaper make of VW, so what? In general new cars are expensive end off.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 3:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beoz
Kind of wondering about that. Are Volkswagen considered luxury cars
Its (VW) the 'peoples car' so hardly luxury, a lot of models in fact are 'ordinary' at best although top models in Australia are hardly cheap and cheaper in Germany. Hence obviously the reason stated some of the inferior brands may or may not be cheaper than Germany in Australia. But in general German made cars are far more expensive in Australia. In fact more than most countries.

Last edited by the troubadour; Jun 11th 2019 at 3:57 am.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 4:32 am
Proudly Deplorable

Luxury tax makes luxury cars expensive in Australia. End off. Hardly a subject worth even discussing. I don't know of any German cars cheaper in Australia than Germany. If there is a cheaper make of VW, so what? In general new cars are expensive end off.
You brought up LCT - unprompted - and then tried to twist the fact that you did - bizarre but there it is

Picture of the VW Pussant?

Last edited by Amazulu; Jun 11th 2019 at 4:44 am.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Its (VW) the 'peoples car' so hardly luxury, a lot of models in fact are 'ordinary' at best although top models in Australia are hardly cheap and cheaper in Germany. Hence obviously the reason stated some of the inferior brands may or may not be cheaper than Germany in Australia. But in general German made cars are far more expensive in Australia. In fact more than most countries.
I wouldn't worry about it. $66,331 is the luxury car threshold. I certainly don't believe in paying such prices for a depreciating asset and you can't afford such so its irrelevant. Anything below this price is pretty much the same where ever you buy it. I know the VW Tiguan is the same price on exchange rate in Australia, the UK and the USA. The beauty of it all is that we in Australia earn more on exchange rate so again, Australia is the disposable income king out of those 3 countries.

Last edited by Beoz; Jun 11th 2019 at 4:38 am.
Old Jun 11th 2019, 8:23 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

You brought up LCT - unprompted - and then tried to twist the fact that you did - bizarre but there it is

Picture of the VW Pussant?
When we looked the VW Golf was cheaper in Australia than Europe, basic model not the GTI. Using the U.S dollar to compare prices it was about 6k cheaper in Australia than Germany & 7k cheaper than the U.K. [My dad was looking at buying new and we spent an evening on skype comparing prices].
Your man knows that but it doesn't fit his agenda to acknowledge it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.