Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Old May 25th 2018, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bye bye Liberal Government..... will you ever learn.

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I don't know what you mean by 'creased'?

My comments on tax are based on reading about and understanding economic reality - not on the opinion of someone with an axe to grind on an internet forum Herman

Some higher income earners are reducing their tax burden significantly, most are not - if all did, a lot of income tax would have to forgone by the Commonwealth - which is raking it in at the moment. What is an indisputable fact is that more than half of income tax payers take more out of the system than they put in. Therefore, the rest of the taxpayers have to carry these people - which is why our tax rates for higher earners are so onerous. It ain't rocket surgery Herman!
It sure is rocket science to you Jarpo. What is indisputable is that those at the top end are increasing their wealth by the year. What is indisputable is those at the bottom, are going backwards and inequality is rising as less to go around and over priced assets will of course impact on those on less/average earnings. Now that's the reality. Take another few months off and educate yourself to the real reality and as to why we are where we are and the dangers it brings. Of course those earning more should contribute more.
Old May 25th 2018, 12:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Again you drink the ALP/Guardian koolaid.

The facts speak for themselves. Care to explain?

The top 10 per cent of taxpayers - with taxable incomes of more than $105,500 - paid 46 per cent.
The bottom third paid less than 5 per cent

Are you deluded or what?
Are you for real or what? On paper that may appear so. In reality it is not. Are you seriously suggesting someone on that amount, not exactly large, but above average pays almost half their earning in impost? I'm afraid you are deluded. Nowhere near that in the real world.
Old May 25th 2018, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
NG can and should be reigned in as it has caused undue damage.
I don't necessarily disagree with that, but I suspect our reasons for doing so differ wildly. What are your reasons and what damage has it caused?

It has long been disproved that rents rise and I believe I have had this conversation with you on previous occasions explaining why it is bad and add fuels to the fire. Of course wealthy use it. Just a neoliberal attempt at justification to continue insisting it is lower middle class benefiting. I know it came out the mouth of Morrison, (need say more)
You can name call all you want. The facts again speak for themselves. Two Thirds of negative gearers are on taxable incomes of less than $80,000 and three-quarters of taxpayers are on a taxable income of less than $80,000. 99,000 negative gearers are teachers, nurses or midwives. You would take that away from those people without proper care?

Personally I don't use NG. There are better things to invest in and make money from, but for those who aren't so sharp, NG provides a way to provide for the future.

The super wealthy, (I certainly don't include you in that, so try and remain cool about it) bring on hatred towards themselves. Your continued advocating (indeed, loudly applauding)for that sector is increasingly isolating you from the rest od society, which I believe, is increasingly fed up to the back teeth with the goings on of the wealthy, government, banks, real estate, over flooding immigration, cutting of services, complete disregard for the vulnerable.
Cool. Then you will understand I am not looking out for me me me. What I am looking out for is a fairer society. One where hard work is rewarded, and one where those who refuse hard work are not rewarded.

We know you are in the super poor bracket, and would rather live off the spoils of others, which you already do. Those days are numbered my friend - you already know this because you constantly complain how your free ride is coming to an end.

Last edited by Beoz; May 25th 2018 at 1:09 am.
Old May 25th 2018, 12:36 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

But it has to be said, Musk is on a mission to capture the hearts and minds of the far left.
Elon is an arch capitalist, particularly where his workers are concerned. I've no idea what alt-right loony tunes website suggested to you that he was left wing - but not even close.
Old May 25th 2018, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Are you for real or what? On paper that may appear so. In reality it is not. Are you seriously suggesting someone on that amount, not exactly large, but above average pays almost half their earning in impost? I'm afraid you are deluded. Nowhere near that in the real world.
You aren't too bright are you? You need to think a little more broadly, rather than me me me. This is not about the individual, its about the collective society.

The top 10% of earners pay a total of 46% of income tax received.

More telling is the bottom third pay on 5% of income tax received.
Old May 25th 2018, 12:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
Elon is an arch capitalist, particularly where his workers are concerned. I've no idea what alt-right loony tunes website suggested to you that he was left wing - but not even close.
Never said he was left wing. I said "Musk is on a mission to capture the hearts and minds of the far left".

​​​​​​​Nice attempt a distorting the truth though. ...... Guardian style

Simple marketing Garry, and he's got you hook line and sinker.
Old May 25th 2018, 1:18 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Never said he was left wing. I said "Musk is on a mission to capture the hearts and minds of the far left".
But again, that's loony. He has done nothing that would in anyway appeal to someone who's left wing, and has indeed done things that infuriate them. His behaviours and beliefs if they were directed via a political lens would appeal to the far right - mistreatment of his workers, doing things as a business better than the government, being rich. Basically if the far right actually held to anything they stated as their beliefs, he'd be like a god to them.

As it is, I don't think he gives a stuff for politics and thinks they are useless arseholes - which is probably why the message comes down to parrot talking points against him (such as yours).
Old May 25th 2018, 3:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He has done nothing that would in anyway appeal to someone who's left wing, and has indeed done things that infuriate them.
As it is, I don't think he gives a stuff for politics and thinks they are useless arseholes
Certainly a very appealing set of actions for left wingers
Old May 25th 2018, 8:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't necessarily disagree with that, but I suspect our reasons for doing so differ wildly. What are your reasons and what damage has it caused?

You can name call all you want. The facts again speak for themselves. Two Thirds of negative gearers are on taxable incomes of less than $80,000 and three-quarters of taxpayers are on a taxable income of less than $80,000. 99,000 negative gearers are teachers, nurses or midwives. You would take that away from those people without proper care?

Personally I don't use NG. There are better things to invest in and make money from, but for those who aren't so sharp, NG provides a way to provide for the future.

Cool. Then you will understand I am not looking out for me me me. What I am looking out for is a fairer society. One where hard work is rewarded, and one where those who refuse hard work are not rewarded.

We know you are in the super poor bracket, and would rather live off the spoils of others, which you already do. Those days are numbered my friend - you already know this because you constantly complain how your free ride is coming to an end.
Lets get real. Pointless throwing inaccurate figures around. 64% of households on the top two quintiles are holding 'other ' property versus 21% in the bottom two quintiles.
In fact some 1.7 billion could be saved of tax payers contributions without hurting mum and dad investors , as NG and CGT are heavily skewered towards those more affluent, higher incomes.
In fact a Melbourne University study found that three quarters of households in Australia would be better of if NG abolished.

No you are far from looking for a fairer society. You should listen to yourself sometimes, it doesn't change, the same ideological patter that is pretty much Lib speak which is doubtful even they believe. Those doing the real lifting of course are least likely to benefit. The spiffs, rent seekers, corrupt banksters , dodgy dealers, and hangers on wanting a bit of the action only benefiters.

Still the population is awakening to the rorts of the team you whole heartily support.
Old May 25th 2018, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Lets get real. Pointless throwing inaccurate figures around. 64% of households on the top two quintiles are holding 'other ' property versus 21% in the bottom two quintiles.
Awww. Did the figures blow your argument? Can't mess with the facts, especially when they come from your rag ..... the Guardian.

In fact some 1.7 billion could be saved of tax payers contributions without hurting mum and dad investors , as NG and CGT are heavily skewered towards those more affluent, higher incomes.
Actually it's more. Try heading towards 4 billion. Remove it and you either hurt the mums and dads, teachers, midwives, and nurses, and you hurt renters.

Mums and dads, teachers, midwives, and nurses won't top up the mortgage out of their own pocket because they might upset the tenant. Bit naive of you if you believe otherwise.

In fact a Melbourne University study found that three quarters of households in Australia would be better of if NG abolished.

A study of academics. Ok. Common sense. 4 billion to spend on 4 new state of the art hospitals or 3 new metro systems.

However the renters just got a nice shock when renew the lease. Careful what you wish for as a Leederville tenant.

No you are far from looking for a fairer society. You should listen to yourself sometimes, it doesn't change, the same ideological patter that is pretty much Lib speak which is doubtful even they believe. Those doing the real lifting of course are least likely to benefit. The spiffs, rent seekers, corrupt banksters , dodgy dealers, and hangers on wanting a bit of the action only benefiters.

Still the population is awakening to the rorts of the team you whole heartily support.
Blah blah blah. The world is against you.
Old May 26th 2018, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Awww. Did the figures blow your argument? Can't mess with the facts, especially when they come from your rag ..... the Guardian.

Actually it's more. Try heading towards 4 billion. Remove it and you either hurt the mums and dads, teachers, midwives, and nurses, and you hurt renters.

Mums and dads, teachers, midwives, and nurses won't top up the mortgage out of their own pocket because they might upset the tenant. Bit naive of you if you believe otherwise.

A study of academics. Ok. Common sense. 4 billion to spend on 4 new state of the art hospitals or 3 new metro systems.

However the renters just got a nice shock when renew the lease. Careful what you wish for as a Leederville tenant.

Blah blah blah. The world is against you.
Well don't know about me, but certainly know the world is increasingly against the out dated, proved a failure, neoliberal economics that you spout with ongoing consistency on these threads.

It is well proven without any help from the Guardian just whom benefits the most from NG antics. Actually it has been shown the cutting of NG would save 9 billion. Perhaps one day you will come in out of the wilderness and see the greater picture and common good. You'll need to unload that dreaded ideological baggage that weighs you down disallowing any resemblance of a sensible thought out approach.
Old May 26th 2018, 1:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well don't know about me, but certainly know the world is increasingly against the out dated, proved a failure, neoliberal economics that you spout with ongoing consistency on these threads.

It is well proven without any help from the Guardian just whom benefits the most from NG antics. Actually it has been shown the cutting of NG would save 9 billion. Perhaps one day you will come in out of the wilderness and see the greater picture and common good. You'll need to unload that dreaded ideological baggage that weighs you down disallowing any resemblance of a sensible thought out approach.
How did you go from 1.2 B to 9 B overnight? How incompetent.

Anything with a B behind it shouldn't be used to help those who have made bad investments.

Too late unfortunately.

A very slow approach to stripping back what can be used for NG, which is already in motion is the sensible way forward.
Old May 28th 2018, 11:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And they say the Libs are divided party.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-27/shorten-vows-to-stop-the-boats-vic-labor-defers-debate/9805320?pfmredir=sm&section=politics

Then throw in the unions. Headless chickens.
Old May 28th 2018, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How did you go from 1.2 B to 9 B overnight? How incompetent.

Anything with a B behind it shouldn't be used to help those who have made bad investments.

Too late unfortunately.

A very slow approach to stripping back what can be used for NG, which is already in motion is the sensible way forward.
Too late for slow, which isn't happening anyway, the housing market has been damaged to an extent that requires urgent action, which will not be forthcoming by present government. After they kick started present fiasco halving CGT while NG did the rest, followed later by ever cheaper money.

As for the rates. The higher rate is obviously the total saved if no NG in place.
Old May 29th 2018, 12:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Too late for slow, which isn't happening anyway, the housing market has been damaged to an extent that requires urgent action, which will not be forthcoming by present government. After they kick started present fiasco halving CGT while NG did the rest, followed later by ever cheaper money.

As for the rates. The higher rate is obviously the total saved if no NG in place.
Back in post 1278 I asked what damage has been done? You couldn't answer. Again you mention damage. So what damage has been done?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.