Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bye Bye Bigpond, Hello Internode

Bye Bye Bigpond, Hello Internode

Old Jun 13th 2012, 10:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Tramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to beholdTramps_mate is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bye Bye Bigpond, Hello Internode

Originally Posted by paulry
I'm ditching Bigpond internet and Telstra landline as soon as the two year contract is up. The same with Crazy Johns for the mobile telephone service but it turns out that Telstra is reputed to have the best mobile telephone coverage and quality of service. So come December it's ganna be: Goodbye Telstra! ...Hello Telstra!
Who instead for phone and broadband?
Old Jun 13th 2012, 10:14 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tramps_mate
Who instead for phone and broadband?
Unfortunately there aren't a lot of options here in the ACT so it'll probably be TransACT.
Old Jun 14th 2012, 5:43 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are still having issues with node support, a post on Whirlpool.net.au will get some action. The CEO answers a
lot on there Unfortunately some of the fanboys are more fanatical than iSheep. I have normally found support good but there are always exceptions. Compared to Telstra and TPG node are miles ahead but that is not saying much.

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I'll pass on Man City (I still remember being at the game against Gillingham at Wembley many moons back) but the rest sounds good.

I'm not on Internode yet, I'm sure my current modem/router (a D-Link) will work fine once the transfer happens. The D-Link worked fine with BigPond right up until the point that it didn't ... no changes in config, nothing fancy with firewalls or scanner.

The Belkin was one of 3 models I tried with BigPond thinking it was a compatibility issue, turns out I was wasting my time. In addition to over an hour on the phone with someone who refused to acknowledge the issue was server-side and just kept insisting I had the username or password wrong.

I am expecting better of Internode from reputation. At least their backup dial-up works
Old Jun 14th 2012, 10:50 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
If you are still having issues with node support, a post on Whirlpool.net.au will get some action. The CEO answers a
lot on there Unfortunately some of the fanboys are more fanatical than iSheep. I have normally found support good but there are always exceptions. Compared to Telstra and TPG node are miles ahead but that is not saying much.
Sounds like I have made the right move, I'm getting a good vibe from the communications and support so far
Old Jun 14th 2012, 11:02 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I've just been told the service is up ... plugged in the, according to BigPond, 'broken' modem, changed the username and password and it's all good.

Now for the happy task of cancelling my BigPond account ...
Old Jun 14th 2012, 11:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I've just been told the service is up ... plugged in the, according to BigPond, 'broken' modem, changed the username and password and it's all good.

Now for the happy task of cancelling my BigPond account ...
What did you have to change on the BP Modem.... just your username and password ? Or are the a lot of other settings to change ?
Old Jun 14th 2012, 11:44 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
What did you have to change on the BP Modem.... just your username and password ? Or are the a lot of other settings to change ?
I've never had a BP modem, I have been using a D-Link without a problem up until BP refused to connect me. The helpless desk refused to investigate further because I wasn't using a BP modem, despite me saying that I had tried 3 different (new) modems with the same results.

The only option was to call 'Telstra Plus' for a premium rate service, **** that I told them, I'm slinging my hook.

The D-Link has a wizard for BP settings, which apart from the username and password are the same for Internode.

All for the best in the end, the new connection seems quick and solid right now.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 12:31 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I'm ditching Bigpond internet and Telstra landline as soon as the two year contract is up. The same with Crazy Johns for the mobile telephone service but it turns out that Telstra is reputed to have the best mobile telephone coverage and quality of service. So come December it's ganna be: Goodbye Telstra! ...Hello Telstra!

Hello Telstra and hey hello Telstra....I work for (T) and I live in remote rural area - the only service provider I can get (at times) is Telstra. Even then it means standing on one leg, hanging out of the window and holding up to point in a southerly direction
Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:28 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by sasbear

Hello Telstra and hey hello Telstra....I work for (T) and I live in remote rural area - the only service provider I can get (at times) is Telstra. Even then it means standing on one leg, hanging out of the window and holding up to point in a southerly direction
We are not exactly in the outback but Telstra mobile reception out here is shocking ... I couldn't give a monkey's as I hate mobiles
Old Jun 15th 2012, 7:01 am

Node have direct paths to the US and UK so latency is good for Skype and those who game. Download quotas are not the cheapest but that deters the torrent kings.

I've never had a BP modem, I have been using a D-Link without a problem up until BP refused to connect me. The helpless desk refused to investigate further because I wasn't using a BP modem, despite me saying that I had tried 3 different (new) modems with the same results.

The only option was to call 'Telstra Plus' for a premium rate service, **** that I told them, I'm slinging my hook.

The D-Link has a wizard for BP settings, which apart from the username and password are the same for Internode.

All for the best in the end, the new connection seems quick and solid right now.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 7:18 am
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by IvanM
Node have direct paths to the US and UK so latency is good for Skype and those who game. Download quotas are not the cheapest but that deters the torrent kings.
Good news, I'll give the BBC iPlayer another go then (using a VPN), under BigPond it wasn't that flash.

I've actually got more quota for the same money so it was probably for the best.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 2:44 am
Mostly Harmless

So, I call BigPond today to cancel my account and they can't because they have 'system problems' and will have to call me back.

I am logging every call in anticipation of aggro.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 3:02 am

When I moved I had a redirect setup with telstra. I asked for 6 months. They kept on renewing and I kept on canceling. Telstra are idiots.

So, I call BigPond today to cancel my account and they can't because they have 'system problems' and will have to call me back.

I am logging every call in anticipation of aggro.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 10:38 am
Just Joined

Like It Is will become famous soon enough

We have just left Telstra to go with Westnet who are part of IInet and its the best thing we could have done.Their service and overall experience with Westnet has been outstanding,
Old Jun 19th 2012, 12:51 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lesleys
Along the lines of switch it off and switch it on again...........

Is the modem attached to a splitter? If so, try 1. Taking the splitter out or 2. swapping the splitter connections.

We bought a new modem recently when Bigpond went missing. It didn't fix it. After contacting Bigpond support online we got an engineer round to the house. He spent the morning trying to fix it but then decided it must be something wrong at the exchange. He went off and fixed it. We were actually quite impressed by the service It was this engineer that mentioned the splitter option.

Hmm interesting. I have a top quality Netgear modem that I bought after my Netcomm one kept going offline randomly.
The Netger one now also does it, but is fine when I turn off an turn on again...
Its been a pain in the butt and I thought it must have been something my ISP was screwing up - however I have changed to another supplier and have the same issues... so maybe I can resolve with a new/replacement splitter...

Thanks for the tip!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.