Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Buzzy’s 10 things to do before leaving England

Wikiposts

Buzzy’s 10 things to do before leaving England

Old Mar 1st 2006, 3:00 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Buzzy’s 10 things to do before leaving England

Here's my first stab at a list of 10 things I want to do before emigrating. I'm not talking about things like "sell the house", "get visa" etc, nor about things like "hug my Sister", "Tell my Mother in Law what I really think of her" etc. Just experiences that you want to have which will be hard or impossible to do once you arrive in Australia

Anyone else want to have a go?

================================================== =======

1. Go for a walk on Hampstead Heath. Have afternoon tea in Hampstead and watch the people go by.

2. Visit Wales again. (holiday now booked)

3. Visit Denmark, the only major Western European country I haven’t been to.

4. Have a really good curry in a quality modern Indian restaurant in London.

5. Have a really good balti in a grotty out of date Indian restaurant in Birmingham.

6. Swim in the sea off Pagham beach, Sussex and wallow in nostalgia for childhood holidays.

7. Stock up on cheap clothes at Primark.

8. See if I can find one of the last open back London buses and swing on the pole at the back while it’s moving.

9. Visit all the museums, art galleries and historic buildings in London that I have been meaning to visit or revisit for a long time.

10. Watch the canal boats locking through on the Grand Union Canal.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Mar 1st 2006, 3:08 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buzzy’s 10 things to do before leaving England

My only advice would be to do No:5 last ... or make sure you have a guide for the public lavs of UK
Old Mar 1st 2006, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Here's my first stab at a list of 10 things I want to do before emigrating. I'm not talking about things like "sell the house", "get visa" etc, nor about things like "hug my Sister", "Tell my Mother in Law what I really think of her" etc. Just experiences that you want to have which will be hard or impossible to do once you arrive in Australia

1. Go for a walk on Hampstead Heath. Have afternoon tea in Hampstead and watch the people go by.

5. Have a really good balti in a grotty out of date Indian restaurant in Birmingham.

6. Swim in the sea off Pagham beach, Sussex and wallow in nostalgia for childhood holidays.

8. See if I can find one of the last open back London buses and swing on the pole at the back while it’s moving.

9. Visit all the museums, art galleries and historic buildings in London that I have been meaning to visit or revisit for a long time.

Cheers

Buzzy

What about visiting echo beach or is that too far away in time???
Old Mar 1st 2006, 3:13 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Chuck dog poo through a neighbours letterbox....and tell the next door neighbour exactly what I think of him....that would satisfy me ...
Old Mar 1st 2006, 3:13 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Buzzy’s 10 things to do before leaving England

Originally Posted by CathnPaul
What about visiting echo beach or is that too far away in time???
Hmmm Echo beach in the song was defined as "Any place you want to be where you aren't right now". So I'm intending to visit it after emigrating, not before!

But right now it is a little far away in time!

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Mar 1st 2006, 3:16 am
BE Forum Addict

CathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond reputeCathnPaul has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm Echo beach in the song was defined as "Any place you want to be where you aren't right now". So I'm intending to visit it after emigrating, not before!

But right now it is a little far away in time!

Cheers

Buzzy
lol...oh yeah
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

MummyKarin is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Buzzy’s 10 things to do before leaving England

Cheers

Buzzy
Love number 3) Visit Denmark. I am Danish and it is a wonderful place to visit, but a bit boring tlive there. I would recommend going in May, it is the start of real spring in Denmark and the best time of year to visit. You must try to go to Copenhagen, rent a bicyle and get around like most of the locals. You must visit "Bakken" the oldest entertainment park in Europe, lots of parkland, funfair, restaurants and horse drawn carriages.

For my top 10:
To be honest the only thing I would really like to do before leaving the UK (apart from all the practical things) would be loose 8 kilos, get thinner thighs, smaller bum, flat stomach, and less flabby arms! Oh, and grow about 5 inches... Where is your fairy godmother when you need her?

Have fun with your top ten,
Karin
Old Mar 1st 2006, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Toryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond reputeToryglen-Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers

Buzzy
How about 10 things to do in Ireland, Scotland, and Wales ?

Old Mar 1st 2006, 11:47 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Included in my top ten would definatley be to stock up on loads of clothes from your favourite stores....Next...Dp's....H&M...& even Asda!

I definatley agree with having a damn good curry too and the visits to London...I'd love one more chance to see the museums

....plus I'd gorge myself on all the scrummy chilled ready meals you can buy in sainsburys!!....chicken tikka biryani.....droooooool
Old Mar 1st 2006, 11:48 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Toryglen-Boy
How about 10 things to do in Ireland, Scotland, and Wales ?

1. Go to the Pub.

2 - 10. See 1.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:14 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

If I could do it all again, this would be my list:
  1. Pub lunch ploughmans with real Suffolk beer.
  2. Winters walk on Striding Edge.
  3. Climb a real tree with real branches, palm trees just ain't the same.
  4. Summertime camping trip down west country.
  5. Watch a decent band at the Leadmill (I assume they still have live bands?)
  6. Afternoon playing pool in a smoky pub full of old codgers.
  7. Go to a football match.
  8. Drink loads more beer.
  9. Enjoy the rain.
  10. Switch the lights off.

It's actually harder than I imagined.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:32 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gedge
If I could do it all again, this would be my list:
  1. Pub lunch ploughmans with real Suffolk beer.
  2. Winters walk on Striding Edge.
  3. Climb a real tree with real branches, palm trees just ain't the same.
  4. Summertime camping trip down west country.
  5. Watch a decent band at the Leadmill (I assume they still have live bands?)
  6. Afternoon playing pool in a smoky pub full of old codgers.
  7. Go to a football match.
  8. Drink loads more beer.
  9. Enjoy the rain.
  10. Switch the lights off.

It's actually harder than I imagined.

Number 6 is great, especially on one of those days when you're supposed to be at work.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 12:50 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by diddy
Number 6 is great, especially on one of those days when you're supposed to be at work.
We actually did number 4. "Summertime camping trip down west country"
and it pissed it down from the day we arrived for 4 days. We packed up our wet tent and drove home totally cheesed off with it all. Something I must remind the wife of next time she's feeling homesick. I also tried my hardest at numbers 1, 6 & 8.
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:08 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Originally Posted by gedge
We actually did number 4. "Summertime camping trip down west country"
and it pissed it down from the day we arrived for 4 days. We packed up our wet tent and drove home totally cheesed off with it all. Something I must remind the wife of next time she's feeling homesick. I also tried my hardest at numbers 1, 6 & 8.

For number 7, are you a Tractorboy?
Old Mar 1st 2006, 1:15 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Ah my list

Visit Amsterdam for Anniversary
Short Weekends in London often
Go see a Westend Show or Play
Open topped Historic London Bus Ride
Cruise the Thames
Walk Picadilly to Westminster Bridge
Have Local Pub Sunday Roast
Renew my Season Ticket For Reading FC
Long Weekend in Belfast
Long Weekend in Paris
Camping in New Forest
Take Kids on Daft Weekends to Butlins
Take Adults on even dafter weekends to Butlins!
Spend day on Hayling Island
Have two weeks on long holiday somewhere in the world
Visit Mum in Spain for very cheap long weekend
Have another pub meal in another village pub
Go to Bingo for a laugh
Travel down to Dorest and Devon
Spend Holiday weekends in caravan – Cornwall
Take long day trips to Calais for snails and cheese and wine

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.