Buying a cat

Old Jan 2nd 2012, 8:20 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a cat

Well when I say all ours were rescues that's not strictly true. The first two were - they were part of a litter of 3 rescued from a mosque IIRC, and hand-reared from a couple of days old by a friend of mine. We'd just moved to Singapore and resisted all urges to take them until she really had nowhere else for them to go. (It was a huge decision as we were instantly less mobile.) And, awwww, I can't resist a ginger.

The 3rd one was born on our street - we used to feed his Mum and what we think was his Dad along with numerous others that would queue up at 7am, when they knew we opened the front shutters and put out bowls of kibble. He decided he was going to come live with us at about 12 weeks, sick of living in the storm drain and on cockroaches I guess, and he used to ambush us every evening. We gave in after a month and one abortive attempt, when one of my older ones took a chunk out of my leg when I had the kitten in my arms. I still have the scar, and my old girl still treats my young boy with contempt (He was looking very sick, so I guess he demanded to be rescued.)
Old Mar 16th 2012, 10:54 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update...

Today we (finally) brought Peloton home!

Pelly is a British Blue and very gorgeous. She's 13 weeks old and already a little fur-ball of mischief and fun

She looks softer blue/grey in real life compared to these pics. I'm in love
Attached Thumbnails Buying a cat-418521_10150596864607595_684817594_9534170_666229866_n.jpg   Buying a cat-425858_10150596813567595_684817594_9534058_1735995679_n.jpg   Buying a cat-429153_10150596817677595_684817594_9534059_2100868938_n.jpg  
Old Mar 16th 2012, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

TopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to beholdTopCat3 is a splendid one to behold

I want one!

Old Mar 16th 2012, 11:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Just an update...

Today we (finally) brought Peloton home!

Pelly is a British Blue and very gorgeous. She's 13 weeks old and already a little fur-ball of mischief and fun

She looks softer blue/grey in real life compared to these pics. I'm in love
No you are NOT in love... You are under the spell of the Cat God that will rule your life and have you worshipping at the alter of feline perfection for the next 18 years or so.... The moonies and similar cults have NOTHING on a single liddle puddy cat when it comes to brainwashing ....

Good luck....Yer leather sofas will need it!
Old Mar 16th 2012, 10:02 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

gorgeous!!!
Old Mar 16th 2012, 10:05 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a cat lover by any stretch of the imagination, all i will say is PLEASE either keep it indoors or in a cat run. They do a huge amount of damage to our native wildlife and really need to be contained and not allowed to roam free.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 12:05 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I am not a cat lover by any stretch of the imagination, all i will say is PLEASE either keep it indoors or in a cat run. They do a huge amount of damage to our native wildlife and really need to be contained and not allowed to roam free.
Ditto.

I do believe Emmas cat will be kept in and have secure access to the garden.

At the wildlife place where I volunteer we have a few bobtails that have been attacked by cats and some bandicoots as well.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 12:11 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent.

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Ditto.

I do believe Emmas cat will be kept in and have secure access to the garden.

At the wildlife place where I volunteer we have a few bobtails that have been attacked by cats and some bandicoots as well.
Old Mar 17th 2012, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Here we go again
Old Mar 17th 2012, 2:15 am
Banned

Old Mar 17th 2012, 4:52 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Worry ye not Christoff, it's an indoor cat (apart from small section of secure back garden). I want to protect my cat but also the native wildlife. Everyone's a winner :-)
Old Mar 17th 2012, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Worry ye not Christoff, it's an indoor cat (apart from small section of secure back garden). I want to protect my cat but also the native wildlife. Everyone's a winner :-)
Everyones a winner.... Especially the leather couch and cat ladders (blinds) repair men!