Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bushfire - Perth Metro - Bullsbrook & Padbury - WA

Bushfire - Perth Metro - Bullsbrook & Padbury - WA

Old Jan 10th 2015, 3:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bushfire - Perth Metro - Bullsbrook & Padbury - WA

Bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING for northern-western part of Bullsbrook in the City of Swan
Saturday 10 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

ALERT LEVEL:

A bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING has been issued for people in the north-western part of Bullsbrook in the City of Swan

You are in danger and need to act immediately to survive. There is a threat to lives and homes.

Homes in Gallagher Road, Della North Road, Asher Road, Old West Road, Kirby Road and Neaves Road.

The fire started between Railway Parade and Gully Road. It is burning towards Neaves Road.

BUSHFIRE BEHAVIOUR:

The bushfire is moving fast in a north-westerly direction.
It is out of control and unpredictable.
Burning embers are likely to be blown around your home. Spot fires are starting ahead of the fire. \
Flames are higher than roof tops.

WHAT TO DO:

If the way is clear, leave now for a safer place.
Do not wait and see, leaving at the last minute is deadly.
There is ember attack ahead of the fire, so close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
If your plan is to stay and actively defend, do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
If you cannot leave, you need to get ready to shelter in your home and actively defend it.
If you are not at home, it is too dangerous now to return.

SAFER PLACE:

Your safest option may be to visit family or friends who live away from the area.

ALERT LEVEL:

A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people in the north-western part of Bullsbrook in City of Swan
There is a possible threat to lives and homes in Gully Road, Robinson Road, Payne Road, Raphael Road, Cooper Road, Rae Road, Strachan Road, West Road, Davidson Street and Stock West Road are under threat by fire now and conditions are changing.
You need to leave – act immediately, do not wait and see.

WHAT TO DO:

If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
There is ember attack ahead of the fire, so close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
Do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.

WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:

Firefighters are protecting houses in West Bullsbrook
Fire and Rescue Service and Bush Fire Service firefighters are on the scene.
Firefighters are actively fighting the fire
Aerial support has been sent to assist ground crews.

EXTRA INFORMATION

The cause of the fire is unknown
DFES is managing the fire.

KEEP UP TO DATE:

Visit DFES Alerts and Warnings, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa, listen to ABC local radio, 6PR or news bulletins.
Updates will be provided every hour unless the situation changes.
Attached Thumbnails Bushfire - Perth Metro - Bullsbrook & Padbury - WA-capture.jpg  
Old Jan 10th 2015, 9:46 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Bushfire - Perth Metro - Bullsbrook & Padbury - WA

Bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING for northern-western part of Bullsbrook in the City of Swan
Homes believed to be on fire.

Saturday 10 January 2015 - 5:46 PM
A bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING remains in place for an area bounded by Wesco Road, Old Yanchep Road, Nisa Road, Cyprus Road, Wanneroo Road, Joondalup Drive, Wandoo Road, Seismic Road and a bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING also remains in place for an area bounded by Old West Road, Kirby Road, Railway Parade, Chitty Road and Wandoo Road.

• You are in danger and need to act immediately to survive. There is a threat to lives and homes.
• The fire started between Railway Road and Gully Road.
BUSHFIRE BEHAVIOUR:
o The bushfire is moving rapidly at 2.2km per hour in a north-westerly direction.
o It is out of control and unpredictable.
o The fire has jumped over Perry Road and is now burning in Gnangara Pine Plantation towards Wanneroo Road.
o The fire is expected to reach Old Yanchep Road at 7pm tonight.
o Burning embers are likely to be blown around your home. Spot fires are starting ahead of the fire.
o Flames are higher than roof tops.
WHAT TO DO:
o If the way is clear, leave now for a safer place.
o Do not wait and see, leaving at the last minute is deadly.
o There is ember attack ahead of the fire, so close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
o If your plan is to stay and actively defend, do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
o If you cannot leave, you need to get ready to shelter in your home and actively defend it.
o If you are not at home, it is too dangerous now to return.
SAFER PLACE:
o Your safest option may be to visit family or friends who live away from the area.
o Two evacuation centres have been set up at Wanneroo Recreation Centre, 440 Scenic Drive, Wanneroo as well Gum Blossom Hall on Tapping Way, Quinns Rock.
ROAD CLOSURES:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
A number of roads have been closed including:
o Neaves Road from Yanchep Road to Railway Parade
o Railway Parade south of Stock West Road
o Wanneroo Road between Old Yanchep Road and Hester Ave
o Perry Road between Joondalup Drive and Wanneroo Road
o All roads contained with the boundary of Old West Road, Kirby Road, Railway Parade, Chitty Road and Wandoo Road.
ALERT LEVEL:
A bushfire WATCH ACT remains in place for Nowergup, Ridgewood and Butler between Old Yanchep Road and Hester Avenue in the City of Wanneroo. A bushfire WATCH AND ACT remains in place for people in the north-western part of Bullsbrook in the City of Swan.
o There is a possible threat to Butler, Emerald Valley, Merriwa and Quinns Rock in an area bounded Old Yanchep Road, Wanneroo Road, Pipidinny Road, Hester Road and the coastline.
o There is also a possible threat to lives and homes near Gully Road, Robinson Road, Payne Road, Raphael Road, Cooper Road, Rae Road, Strachan Road, Old West Road, Davidson Street and Stock West Road.
WHAT TO DO:
 If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
 There is ember attack ahead of the fire, so close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
 If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
 Do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
 If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.

 Firefighters are actively fighting to get the fire under control
 More than 200 career and volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, Bush Fire Service, Volunteer Fire Service and Department of Parks and Wildlife firefighters are on the scene.
 Aerial support has been sent to assist ground crews and protect crews and homes.
EXTRA INFORMATION:
 The fire was reported at 9.23am today (10 January 2015) and currently there has been more than 1000 hectares burnt.
 Telephone text and voice messages have been issued to the area bounded by Cyprus Road, Wanneroo Road, Flynn Drive, Neaves Road, Old Yanchep Road, Yanchep Beach Road, Nisa Road, Perry Road and WAndoo Road.
 The cause of the fire is unknown.
 DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit DFES Alerts and Warnings, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa, listen to ABC local radio, 6PR or news bulletins.

Updates will be provided every hour unless the situation changes.
Old Jan 10th 2015, 9:53 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Not looking great over there
Old Jan 10th 2015, 10:01 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

No it's not looking good. Last I saw 3 homes were ablaze. If you're out there, Renth stay safe and thank you.
Old Jan 10th 2015, 10:21 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No it's not looking good. Last I saw 3 homes were ablaze. If you're out there, Renth stay safe and thank you.
Thats what i heard.

I echo your thoughts, those volunteers are so valuable. look after yerself matey.
Old Jan 10th 2015, 10:21 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, unfortunately I'm in Melbourne at the moment, my daughter is at the Australian Ballet summer school but I've been in touch with my colleagues and it's on like Donkey Kong. I'm spewing I'm not there and worried as hell about my bros!

I'll probably be there on Tuesday, blacking out!
Old Jan 10th 2015, 10:23 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by renth
Thanks, unfortunately I'm in Melbourne at the moment, my daughter is at the Australian Ballet summer school but I've been in touch with my colleagues and it's on like Donkey Kong. I'm spewing I'm not there and worried as hell about my bros!

Sending best wishes to them all, i know they will do the best job possible. Lets hope they all stay safe.
Old Jan 10th 2015, 12:27 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth

So long as everyone stays safe with no loss of life it's all good.
Old Jan 10th 2015, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

So long as everyone stays safe with no loss of life it's all good.
There is one in Padbury also.I thought about Renth today and wondered if he was there.Hope everyone is safe.Devastating for all concerned.
Old Jan 10th 2015, 12:49 pm
Home and Happy

Bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING for northern-western part of Bullsbrook in the City of Swan and parts of the City of Wanneroo
Saturday 10 January 2015 - 9:40 PM
A bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING has been issued for Butler, Ridgewood, Merriwa, Alkimos and Eglinton in an area bounded Yanchep Beach Road, Wanneroo Road, Pipidinny Road, Connolly Drive and Hester Ave.

A bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING remains in place for an area bounded by Wanneroo Road, Old Yanchep Road, Tomar Road, Cypress Road, Wandoo Road, Neaves Road and Joondalup Drive.

• You are in danger and need to act immediately to survive. There is a threat to lives and homes.
• The fire started between Railway Road and Gully Road and has now crossed Old Yanchep Road.
BUSHFIRE BEHAVIOUR:
• The bushfire has reduced in intensity but is still moving in a north-westerly direction.
• It is out of control and unpredictable.
• The fire has crossed Old Yanchep Road and is burning towards Wanneroo Road.
• Burning embers are likely to be blown around your home. Spot fires are starting ahead of the fire.
• Flames are higher than roof tops.
WHAT TO DO:
• If the way is clear, leave now for a safer place.
• Do not wait and see, leaving at the last minute is deadly.
• There is ember attack ahead of the fire, so close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
• If your plan is to stay and actively defend, do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
• If you cannot leave, you need to get ready to shelter in your home and actively defend it.
• If you are not at home, it is too dangerous now to return.
SAFER PLACE:
• Your safest option may be to visit family or friends who live away from the area.
• Two evacuation centres have been set up at Wanneroo Recreation Centre, 440 Scenic Drive, Wanneroo as well as Gum Blossom Hall on Tapping Way, Quinns Rock.
• A community meeting has been scheduled for 10am tomorrow (Sunday 11 January) at the Gum Blossom Hall evacuation centre.
ROAD CLOSURES:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel working on site.
• Neaves Road from Yanchep Road to Railway Parade
• Railway Parade south of Stock West Road
• Wanneroo Road between Old Yanchep Road and Hester Ave has limited access
• Perry Road between Joondalup Drive and Wanneroo Road
• All roads contained with the boundary of Old West Road, Kirby Road, Railway Parade, Chitty Road and Wandoo Road.
ALERT LEVEL:
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for north of Tomar Road and up to Pigeon Road.
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT remains for an area west of Connolly Dive, bounded by Pipidinny Road and Hester Avenue to the coast.
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT remains in place for people near Gully Road, Robinson Road, Payne Road, Raphael Road, Cooper Road, Rae Road, Strachan Road, Old West Road, Davidson Street and Stock West Road.

WHAT TO DO:
• If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
• There is ember attack ahead of the fire, so close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
• If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
• Do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
• If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
o Firefighters are actively fighting to get the fire under control.
o More than 200 career and volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, Bush Fire Service, Volunteer Fire Service and Department of Parks and Wildlife firefighters are on the scene.
o Taskforces from throughout the State have been sent to assist crews in the metropolitan area, including from the South-West, Lower South-West, Midwest Gascoyne, and Goldfields-Midlands regions.
o Aerial support has been sent to assist ground crews and protect crews and homes.
EXTRA INFORMATION:
o The fire was reported at 9.23am today (10 January 2015) and currently there has been more than 5500 hectares burnt.
o More than 100 homes have been saved.
o Telephone text and voice messages have been issued to the area bounded by Cypress Road, Wanneroo Road, Flynn Drive, Neaves Road, Old Yanchep Road, Yanchep Beach Road, Nisa Road, Perry Road and Wandoo Road.
o The cause of the fire is unknown.
o DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Updates will be provided every hour unless the situation changes
Old Jan 10th 2015, 12:50 pm
Home and Happy

Default Re: Bushfire - Bullsbrook & Padbury - WA

Originally Posted by irishbloo
There is one in Padbury also.I thought about Renth today and wondered if he was there.Hope everyone is safe.Devastating for all concerned.
Bushfire ADVICE for Hepburn Heights in the City of Joondalup
Saturday 10 January 2015 - 8:24 PM
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in the south eastern part of Padbury Heights in the CIty of Joondalup.

• You need to be aware and keep up to date.
• Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
• The fire is burning in bushland north of Hepburn Ave and east of Gibson Ave.
WHAT TO DO:
• Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
• Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
• Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
• Read through your bushfire survival plan.
• If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
ROAD CLOSURES:
Some roads may be closed and motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.

• Fire crews are on the scene.

KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit DFES Alerts and Warnings, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa or listen to news bulletins.

Further information will be released as it becomes available.
Old Jan 10th 2015, 4:03 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bushfire - Perth Metro - Bullsbrook & Padbury - WA

Bushfire - Perth Metro - Bullsbrook & Padbury - WA-image.jpg

Taken a cpl hrs ago
Old Jan 10th 2015, 7:30 pm
Home and Happy

Bushfire WATCH AND ACT for northern-western part of Bullsbrook in the City of Swan and parts of the City of Wanneroo
Sunday 11 January 2015 - 4:05 AM
ALERT LEVEL:
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people in Alkimos, Butler, Ridgewood, Merriwa,Carabooda, Pinjar, Neerabup and parts of Bullsbrook and Melaleuca, bounded by Pipidinny Road, Wanneroo Road, Pigeon Road, Perry Road, McKinley Road, Wandoo Road, Neaves Road, Joondalup Drive, Wanneroo Road and Hester Avenue.

A bushfire WATCH AND ACT remains in place for people near Gully Road, Robinson Road, Payne Road, Raphael Road, Cooper Road, Rae Road, Strachan Road, Old West Road, Davidson Street and Stock West Road.

• The bushfire has been downgraded as it has reduced in intensity but it is still unpredictable and people need to remain vigilant.
• The fire started between Railway Road and Gully Road and has now crossed Old Yanchep Road.

BUSHFIRE BEHAVIOUR:
• The bushfire has reduced in intensity but is still moving in a north-westerly direction.
• It is out of control and unpredictable.
• The fire has crossed Old Yanchep Road and is burning towards Wanneroo Road.
• Burning embers are likely to be blown around your home. Spot fires are starting ahead of the fire.
• Flames are higher than roof tops.

WHAT TO DO:
• If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
• If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
• Do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
• If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.

SAFER PLACE:
• Your safest option may be to visit family or friends who live away from the area.
• Two evacuation centres have been set up at Wanneroo Recreation Centre, 440 Scenic Drive, Wanneroo as well as Gum Blossom Hall on Tapping Way, Quinns Rock.
• A community meeting has been scheduled for 10am today, Sunday 11 January, at the Gum Blossom Hall evacuation centre.

ROAD CLOSURES:
• Neaves Road from Old Yanchep Road to Railway Parade
• Wanneroo Road between Old Yanchep Road and Flynn Drive
• Flynn Drive, Nowergup Road and Karoborup Road are also closed

ALERT LEVEL:

A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in Tapping, Mariginiup and part of Ashby in an area bounded by Joondalup Drive, Seismic Road, Amarante Road, Townsend Road, Rousset Road, Caporn Street and Pinjar Road.

A bushfire ADVICE remains for people in the Shire of Chittering south of Timaru Road and west of Brand Highway and Railway Parade.
• Although there is no immediate danger for people in these areas you need to be aware and keep up to date.

WHAT TO DO:
• Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
• Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
• Read through your bushfire survival plan.
• If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.

Firefighters are actively fighting to get the fire under control.
More than 200 career and volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, Bush Fire Service, Volunteer Fire Service and Department of Parks and Wildlife firefighters are on the scene.
Taskforces from throughout the State have been sent to assist crews in the metropolitan area, including from the South-West, Lower South-West, Midwest Gascoyne, and Goldfields-Midlands regions.
Several strike teams from the South West have been assembled by DPaW and will arrive in the morning along with additional incident management personnel.
Aerial support will return to assist ground crews after sunrise.

EXTRA INFORMATION:

The fire was reported at 9.23am on 10 January 2015 and currently there has been more than 6100 hectares burnt.
More than 100 homes have been saved.
Telephone text and voice messages have been issued to the area bounded by Cypress Road, Wanneroo Road, Flynn Drive, Neaves Road, Old Yanchep Road, Yanchep Beach Road, Nisa Road, Perry Road and Wandoo Road.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
People in the area who have relocated can register their whereabouts online for at redcross.org.au for 'Register.Find. Reunite'

KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.dfes.wa.gov.au, call 1300 657 209, follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa, listen to ABC local radio, 6PR or news bulletins.

Updates will be provided every two hours unless the situation changes.
Old Jan 10th 2015, 7:32 pm
Home and Happy

Firefighters work through the night to contain blaze threatening homes in Bullsbrook, WA - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

More than 200 firefighters have worked through the night to contain an out-of-control bushfire burning 40 kilometres north-east of Perth.

The blaze in the semi-rural suburb of Bullsbrook was reported at 9:20am (AWST) on Saturday and 5,500 hectares of bushland had been burned by 9:15pm.

Strong winds and hot conditions fuelled the fast-moving blaze, threatening homes and livestock with flames burning higher than rooftops at one stage.

There are unconfirmed reports that homes have been destroyed, while the Department of the Fire and Emergency Services (DFES) said more than 100 properties have been saved.

Overnight the bushfire was moving at more than 2 kilometres per hour in a north-westerly direction and had jumped containment lines and was burning in the Gnangara Pine Plantation towards Wanneroo Road.
Old Jan 11th 2015, 4:11 am
Home and Happy

Bushfire WATCH AND ACT for north-western part of Bullsbrook in the City of Swan and parts of the City of Wanneroo
Sunday 11 January 2015 - 1:00 PM
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT remains in place for people in the Shire of Chittering, south of Timaru Road and west of Great Northern Highway and Railway Parade. This is due to firefighters conducting back burning in the area and the expected wind change.

A bushfire WATCH AND ACT remains for people in Alkimos, Butler, Ridgewood, Merriwa,Carabooda, Pinjar, Neerabup and parts of Bullsbrook and Melaleuca, bounded by Pipidinny Road, Wanneroo Road, Pigeon Road, Perry Road, McKinley Road, Wandoo Road, Neaves Road, Joondalup Drive, Wanneroo Road and Hester Avenue

A bushfire WATCH AND ACT remains in place for people near Gully Road, Robinson Road, Payne Road, Raphael Road, Cooper Road, Rae Road, Strachan Road, Old West Road, Davidson Street and Stock West Road..

The bushfire has been downgraded as it has reduced in intensity but it is still unpredictable and people need to remain vigilant.
The fire started between Railway Road and Gully Road and has crossed Old Yanchep Road.

BUSHFIRE BEHAVIOUR:
The bushfire is moving slowly in a westerly direction.
It is out of control and unpredictable.
The fire has crossed Old Yanchep Road and could still burn towards Wanneroo Road.
Firefighters are expecting the wind to shift from an easterly to a south westerly at 3.00pm today.
This means homes in Muchea and Chittering may be threatened by the fire.
There is a risk that burning embers could be blown around your home.

WHAT TO DO:
If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
Do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.

SAFER PLACE:
Your safest option may be to visit family or friends who live away from the area.
An evacuation centre has been set up at Gumblossom Community Centre on Tapping Way, Quinns Rock. The evacuation centre that was at Wanneroo Recreation Centre has now been closed.
A community meeting has been scheduled for 4pm today, Sunday 11 January, at the Gumblossom Community Centre.

ROAD CLOSURES:
Neaves Road from Old Yanchep Road to Railway Parade.
Wanneroo Road between Old Yanchep Road and Flynn Drive.
Flynn Drive, Nowergup Road and Karoborup Road are also closed.

A bushfire ADVICE remains for people in Tapping, Mariginiup and part of Ashby in an area bounded by Joondalup Drive, Neaves Road, Seismic Road, Amarante Road, Townsend Road, Rousset Road, Caporn Street and Pinjar Road.

Although there is no immediate danger for people in these areas you need to be aware and keep up to date.

WHAT TO DO:
Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
Read through your bushfire survival plan.
If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
POWER:

Western Power has advised that the bushfire has affected the electricity supply for approximately 150 customers in the City of Swan and City of Wanneroo.
The most affected areas are Bullsbrook, Pinjar and Neerabup.
For further details visit Western Power: Home

Firefighters are actively fighting to get the fire under control.
Firefighters are focusing on the northern flank of the fire, in anticipation of the wind change.
Firefighters are back burning in Defence Force Property, and there will be smoke in the area.
More than 200 career and volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, Bush Fire Service, Volunteer Fire Service and Department of Parks and Wildlife firefighters are on the scene.
Taskforces from throughout the State have been sent to assist crews in the metropolitan area, including from the South-West, Lower South-West, Midwest Gascoyne, and Goldfields-Midlands regions.
Several strike teams from the South West have been assembled by DPaW and will arrive in the morning along with additional incident management personnel.
Aerial support are assisting ground crews.

EXTRA INFORMATION:
The fire was reported at 9.23am on Saturday 10 January 2015 and currently there has been more than 6600 hectares burnt.
More than 100 homes have been saved.
Confirmed damage includes two derelict houses, five sheds and a number of power poles.
Telephone text and voice messages have been issued to the area bounded by Cypress Road, Wanneroo Road, Flynn Drive, Neaves Road, Old Yanchep Road, Yanchep Beach Road, Nisa Road, Perry Road and Wandoo Road.
The cause of the fire is unknown.
People in the area who have relocated can register their whereabouts online for 'Register.Find. Reunite' at Australian Red Cross | the power of humanity | Australian Red Cross

KEEP UP TO DATE:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.