Reload this Page >

bummer, gotta go to work again

Wikiposts

bummer, gotta go to work again

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:43 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bummer, gotta go to work again

working an agency shift again, i hate when i walk into the hosp and open my mouth and there is a silence (like a stranger walking into the local pub), as people look aghast at my accent the reaction is either, an answer, and i think , ok the shift wont be too bad they can actually understand what am saying, or they look like thisand i think, 'shit here we go', lets get the pen and paper out and the sign language into operation

oh how i long to be working in a scottish hosp again.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bummer, gotta go to work again

OH dear hon! I thought agency was better than contract too from what you have said previously
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:48 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
OH dear hon! I thought agency was better than contract too from what you have said previously
it is:huh, but i also do two days at a public hosp which is far, far better now as i am actually getting to know some peeps and them me, i talked to the manager and asked if i could not be moved around as i was feeling like an agency nurse and she has been fab about it, a couple of people actually know my name now , but the agency is usally in the city, lots of foreigners working in the hosp , not many scottish though , and many, many, of the peeps there engish is not their first language, and they certainly haven't heard a scottish accent before.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
it is:huh, but i also do two days at a public hosp which is far, far better now as i am actually getting to know some peeps and them me, i talked to the manager and asked if i could not be moved around as i was feeling like an agency nurse and she has been fab about it, a couple of people actually know my name now , but the agency is usally in the city, lots of foreigners working in the hosp , not many scottish though , and many, many, of the peeps there engish is not their first language, and they certainly haven't heard a scottish accent before.
How strong is your accent hon?
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:01 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Tis very strong but I had no probs understanding her.

Some of the other people that I met in Paisley were harder to understand but I had no trouble understanding Margaret
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Tis very strong but I had no probs understanding her.

Some of the other people that I met in Paisley were harder to understand but I had no trouble understanding Margaret
Perhaps you need to be Australian to be confused!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:14 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you need to be Australian to be confused!

Margaret, Sorchar, Herrchook and myself had a very good night out - I remember it well.

I did enjoy my short visit to Scotland.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 12:45 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

It's no that bad. Eye can understand her!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 11:07 pm
Account Closed

well it went fine, the surgeon i was working with in the afternoon, works at the public hosp where i work and was pleased to see me, in the evening the surgeon was ok, the poor bloody nurse that i was working with, who always works at the hosp worked for 13hrs without a lunch or dinner break, why do these girls do these things!!!!!!!!, tis the curse of the sponshorshi visa me thinks!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Margaret3; Feb 3rd 2008 at 11:09 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 4:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Glad it went OK!
13 hours with no break is pretty rough
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:59 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

working an agency shift again, i hate when i walk into the hosp and open my mouth and there is a silence (like a stranger walking into the local pub), as people look aghast at my accent the reaction is either, an answer, and i think , ok the shift wont be too bad they can actually understand what am saying, or they look like thisand i think, 'shit here we go', lets get the pen and paper out and the sign language into operation

Maybe Perth might have been a better option workwise as there are loads of Scottish nurses here who don't appear to be having problems. I hope it gets better for you
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:46 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you just try to talk proper, like what I do?
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:51 am
Account Closed

Glad it went OK!
13 hours with no break is pretty rough
i feel like a lazy sod, coz i wont do more than an 8 hr shift , but lots of the nurses i have worked with will say yes, yes, yes, to these shifts without breaks, the aussies included, i cant understand it, must admit, it has make me question myself
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by renth
Can't you just try to talk proper, like what I do?
i've tried my daughter says its coz i use slang all the time, i cant help it its the curse of living in scotland for 43 yrs, daughter says when someone doesn't understand me , i dont correct my slang , i just speak louder, and by slang i mean its slang/ayrshire speak, rabbie burns would understand
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:57 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

i feel like a lazy sod, coz i wont do more than an 8 hr shift , but lots of the nurses i have worked with will say yes, yes, yes, to these shifts without breaks, the aussies included, i cant understand it, must admit, it has make me question myself
They probably need the cash for their mortgage payments

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.