Bullying

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:19 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bullying

Thanks for the comments guys. I wish it was as easy as you all say it is
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

LUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to allLUNANBAY is a name known to all

its not, but by pulling all your courage together, will make you a better strnger happier person!

look at the comment underneath your signature!

R
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:27 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Thanks for the comments guys. I wish it was as easy as you all say it is
Violence against the perpetrator is the answer for these issues.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:36 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Violence against the perpetrator is the answer for these issues.
Not always possible in the workplace - you will almost certainly get the sack.

My suggestion is to mount a counter insurgency campaign, do stuff like steal her favourite mug, take the ball out of her mouse, eat half of her lunch in the fridge, always adjust her chair settings and make a point of laughing at her when she complains.

All stuff I've done to office dickheads in the past - very satisfying.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:40 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by renth
My suggestion is to mount a counter insurgency campaign, do stuff like steal her favourite mug, take the ball out of her mouse, eat half of her lunch in the fridge, always adjust her chair settings and make a point of laughing at her when she complains.
My favourite there is to register them at some choice websites.... go and find www.sexwithdonkeys.com, www.fatamputeelove.com (or whatever perculiar brand of kink you think most amusing) and sign them up for some interesting spam.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:27 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

When I was a kid, I was bullied everyday one way or another. On the way to school, while at school and on the way back. I was the skinny, four-eyed, geeky kid who was a bit weird from a poor family. It happened all the time and I grew up expecting it. My brother used to bully me, he was four years older than me and so always much bigger (but thats what older brothers normally do isn't it?) until one day when I was 17 I'd had enough, snapped and started beating the crap out of him. We didn't speak once to each other for three whole years, although we lived in the same house, but now we're best of mates!

When I started work I was bullied, I thought that was normal. My first job was bad, but not as bad as being at school, so fairly easy really. I started to put myself up for ridicule and to be the but of a joke or prank, this was what I thought my role in life was, and to be honest I think this was why I attracted the bullying - I was a very soft target.

In my next job as a butchers assistant and delivery driver when I was 18, the boss was a complete b*stard, and I mean that in the fullest sense of the word. I'd make the coffee for everyone, about a dozen cups and put then on a tray and take them round. The boss would point to a non-existent spot of coffee on the outside of a mug and scream that I hadn't washed the cups properly and throw the whole tray & drinks into the sink and yell at me to do it again.
I'd go out on a delivery run, which was way too long for me to get done in a day. I'd get back 2 hours late and he'd yell at me because I took too long (no overtime pay of course). If I actually made it back from a round on time, he'd scream at me that I had been driving too fast. He always yelled at me, he very rarely spoke to me in a normal tone, and the other blokes who worked there watched in horror at the way he treated me, but they whispered to me "he's a nutter, that's what he does. We're only here until we find other jobs."
This guy sent me on made up errands and then finally I came back from a delivery round one day and he counted the money I'd collected, and he must have slipped some cash under the desk or something, but he counted it and said, there's 5 pounds missing - you've stolen it. He recounted it, and started screaming at me that he'd call the police. I proclaimed my innocence to no avail, I hadn't taken anything. I dug into my pocket and took out some coins I had, put them on the desk and told him I'm going home and not coming back, and I was gutted. That was the last I saw of him, and to this day if I ever see him again, I will do something seriously harmful to him.

Next job was working in an abattoir. They were all completely nuts there. Never the best idea to have an abattoir next to a prison, because as soon as they get released they find some work next door! I got bullied there, but so did most people at some point, and I'd learnt to keep under the radar and if necessary stand up for myself and give as good as I got. You had to be very careful there, everyone has very sharp, big knives and I did see one person stabbed and also a girl lose it and try to attack a group of guys who taunted her because of her ginger hair, she had to be locked in the canteen until the police arrived. I saw people get abused terribly there, such as having their clothes set on fire for a giggle, or being tied up and thrown in the three foot deep blood & guts pit....

I did lots of temporary jobs and contracts so I've seen many incidents of workplace bullying since. I'm now quite comfortable with telling people they can shove their job up their a*se at the first hint. One very prim & proper lady I told this to (who very much deserved it), went bright red and I thought her head was going to start spinning round like in the Exorcist!

I had one boss who would always jump up and down when something went wrong and start shouting and swearing at people "FFS, John, you're sacked!" or "Mary, you're cr*p, get out." I started to ignore him, and I honestly think he did it because it was his way of trying to have a laugh. People would burst into tears and go see the HR dept. He caused lots of people to leave because of his antics and abuse. I think the guy just didn't understand that people don't find it funny!

Now, I've had laser surgery to ditch the specs, that's made a big difference to how people view me. I'm now fitter & stronger than I was when I was 18, and I walk into a job with my head held high. I'm very much prepared to stand my ground and tell people where to go, and I never ever get any abuse nowadays. I expect being older has alot to do with it too!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:52 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyx0
When I was a kid, I was bullied everyday one way or another. On the way to school, while at school and on the way back. I was the skinny, four-eyed, geeky kid who was a bit weird from a poor family. It happened all the time and I grew up expecting it. My brother used to bully me, he was four years older than me and so always much bigger (but thats what older brothers normally do isn't it?) until one day when I was 17 I'd had enough, snapped and started beating the crap out of him. We didn't speak once to each other for three whole years, although we lived in the same house, but now we're best of mates!

When I started work I was bullied, I thought that was normal. My first job was bad, but not as bad as being at school, so fairly easy really. I started to put myself up for ridicule and to be the but of a joke or prank, this was what I thought my role in life was, and to be honest I think this was why I attracted the bullying - I was a very soft target.

In my next job as a butchers assistant and delivery driver when I was 18, the boss was a complete b*stard, and I mean that in the fullest sense of the word. I'd make the coffee for everyone, about a dozen cups and put then on a tray and take them round. The boss would point to a non-existent spot of coffee on the outside of a mug and scream that I hadn't washed the cups properly and throw the whole tray & drinks into the sink and yell at me to do it again.
I'd go out on a delivery run, which was way too long for me to get done in a day. I'd get back 2 hours late and he'd yell at me because I took too long (no overtime pay of course). If I actually made it back from a round on time, he'd scream at me that I had been driving too fast. He always yelled at me, he very rarely spoke to me in a normal tone, and the other blokes who worked there watched in horror at the way he treated me, but they whispered to me "he's a nutter, that's what he does. We're only here until we find other jobs."
This guy sent me on made up errands and then finally I came back from a delivery round one day and he counted the money I'd collected, and he must have slipped some cash under the desk or something, but he counted it and said, there's 5 pounds missing - you've stolen it. He recounted it, and started screaming at me that he'd call the police. I proclaimed my innocence to no avail, I hadn't taken anything. I dug into my pocket and took out some coins I had, put them on the desk and told him I'm going home and not coming back, and I was gutted. That was the last I saw of him, and to this day if I ever see him again, I will do something seriously harmful to him.

Next job was working in an abattoir. They were all completely nuts there. Never the best idea to have an abattoir next to a prison, because as soon as they get released they find some work next door! I got bullied there, but so did most people at some point, and I'd learnt to keep under the radar and if necessary stand up for myself and give as good as I got. You had to be very careful there, everyone has very sharp, big knives and I did see one person stabbed and also a girl lose it and try to attack a group of guys who taunted her because of her ginger hair, she had to be locked in the canteen until the police arrived. I saw people get abused terribly there, such as having their clothes set on fire for a giggle, or being tied up and thrown in the three foot deep blood & guts pit....

I did lots of temporary jobs and contracts so I've seen many incidents of workplace bullying since. I'm now quite comfortable with telling people they can shove their job up their a*se at the first hint. One very prim & proper lady I told this to (who very much deserved it), went bright red and I thought her head was going to start spinning round like in the Exorcist!

I had one boss who would always jump up and down when something went wrong and start shouting and swearing at people "FFS, John, you're sacked!" or "Mary, you're cr*p, get out." I started to ignore him, and I honestly think he did it because it was his way of trying to have a laugh. People would burst into tears and go see the HR dept. He caused lots of people to leave because of his antics and abuse. I think the guy just didn't understand that people don't find it funny!

Now, I've had laser surgery to ditch the specs, that's made a big difference to how people view me. I'm now fitter & stronger than I was when I was 18, and I walk into a job with my head held high. I'm very much prepared to stand my ground and tell people where to go, and I never ever get any abuse nowadays. I expect being older has alot to do with it too!
Good on ya

I think people can only take so much abuse, then it's time for the boxing gloves to come out!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:55 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Great post and good on you.

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Good on ya

I think people can only take so much abuse, then it's time for the boxing gloves to come out!
I agree but in these circumstances fists won't solve the issue. Thanks for your comments.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:58 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Great post and good on you.

I agree but in these circumstances fists won't solve the issue. Thanks for your comments.
Hope everything works out for you - remember the golden rule - to defeat someone in battle - use vocabulary!

Good luck
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:59 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Hope everything works out for you - remember the golden rule - to defeat someone in battle - use vocabulary!

Good luck
Thanks, I do wish it was as easy as all that. Anyway I have some food for thought now. Just what I do with it now is the question.

Thanks.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:08 am
Hasta la victoria siempre

johnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyx0 is a glorious beacon of light

Mental abuse can be worse than physical. Options:

1) Go and see HR and register a complaint of bullying. See a doctor about work related stress, and inform HR of this. HR then needs to speak to the person and if anything further happens they'll know it's a law suit situation. You can't be sacked, or if you're forced to resign, it'll be constructive dismissal. If there is no HR department and the bully is the boss, then see the doctor and write the boss a letter of your complaint along with a cc copy to your solicitor.

2) If it's not gone that far, front up to the person and tell them how you feel. Do it first thing in the morning (this catches them off guard) and explain how their actions make you feel, and ask them why they're doing it. Often just by fronting up to the person is enough to make them stop.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:09 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

Which is worse. Would you rather have a punch in the face or is the verbal bullying and humiliation worse. How much would you take before walking away, if indeed you would walk away.

Only sensible answers please.
I'd rather a punch in the face. Having suffered both physical and mental bullying, mental bullying is by far the worst. It's torture.

Sometimes you're trapped, you can't walk away, situations don't allow it.

It's difficult to say how much I'd take before walking away, or if I would walk away. Not without knowing specifics.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:10 am
Gutter Gob!!

Mental abuse can be worse than physical. Options:

1) Go and see HR and register a complaint of bullying. See a doctor about work related stress, and inform HR of this. HR then needs to speak to the person and if anything further happens they'll know it's a law suit situation. You can't be sacked, or if you're forced to resign, it'll be constructive dismissal. If there is no HR department and the bully is the boss, then see the doctor and write the boss a letter of your complaint along with a cc copy to your solicitor.

2) If it's not gone that far, front up to the person and tell them how you feel. Do it first thing in the morning (this catches them off guard) and explain how their actions make you feel, and ask them why they're doing it. Often just by fronting up to the person is enough to make them stop.
Thanks for the advice.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:11 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by Clippy
I'd rather a punch in the face. Having suffered both physical and mental bullying, mental bullying is by far the worst. It's torture.

Sometimes you're trapped, you can't walk away, situations don't allow it.

It's difficult to say how much I'd take before walking away, or if I would walk away. Not without knowing specifics.
Thanks for the advice.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:16 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the advice.
Also make a diary of the bullying. It's important to see HR dept. if there is one and look into invoke the grievance procedure because if there are any repercussions down the line they will ask why you didn't do this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.