Reload this Page >

Bulling English Children

Bulling English Children

Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bulling English Children

Originally Posted by sammax
I think the reason it is tolerated is because the words "Abbo" and "Nigger" were obviously used in a derogatory way due to skin colour, whereas P.O.M. is just an abbreviation. I, personally, don't take offence to being called a Pom, I even call myself a "Pommy", and my son uses that word in his email address. If "Pom" is really counted as racist, then surely the term "Aussie" is as well? and I am sure most Aussies don't take offence to that?
Vash will be along shortly to correct your view that POM is an abbreviation of Prisoner of Mother England or any other such belief.... he always does, so I'll leave it to him.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by odyssey
I dont mind being called a pom, i cant see why it irritates really and i am welsh. in Sydney greek and other europeans regularly refer to themselves as wogs.
If you were Italian or greek would you like being called a wog? I know some of them do call themselves wogs but there are many that don't like it.

If you were black would you like to be referred to as nigger?

What's the difference?

pakistanis are called pakis in the cricket.
Pakis is actually an abbreviation of Pakisatan. That's a bit like calling the British Brits or Australians Aussies.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
So how come the Aussies are the first to get upset if anyone takes the piss out of them
Exactly! They like to dish it out but when on the receiving end they like to whinge more that the Poms.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sammax
whereas P.O.M. is just an abbreviation.
Is it? Methinks that one is an urban myth.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
If you were Italian or greek would you like being called a wog? I know some of them do call themselves wogs but there are many that don't like it.

If you were black would you like to be referred to as nigger?

What's the difference?

Pakis is actually an abbreviation of Pakisatan. That's a bit like calling the British Brits or Australians Aussies.
Remember the "Tonk a Pom" TV adverts and games during the previous Ashes tour?
Never saw the equivalent "Whup the Niggers" when the West Indies arrived did we... funny that.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:19 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit i generally couldn't give a shit what people call me,but in saying that if a stranger called me paddy i would pull them up on it,no aggression just a word.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Remember the "Tonk a Pom" TV adverts and games during the previous Ashes tour?
Never saw the equivalent "Whup the Niggers" when the West Indies arrived did we... funny that.
I wonder why...

It'd be hilarious if we did though. The Septics would have a fit!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
I must admit i generally couldn't give a shit what people call me,but in saying that if a stranger called me paddy i would pull them up on it,no aggression just a word.
Paddy!
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

I wonder why...

It'd be hilarious if we did though. The Septics would have a fit!
They would be talking about nuking Sydney.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:22 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Paddy!
Im in Melbourne in a few weeks,get yer head down ya english b'stard,i will find you
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Personally, i would never call someone a wog or nigger etc.
A Brit or an Aussie is abbreviated for the relevant country.
A pom in most Australians thoughts means Prisoner of his /hers magisterial service, So i remind them , that all my ancestors, were not the convicts, its most of there that are, If they persist with there mental blockage, i then remind them we are no longer ten pound poms, BUT, ten thousand pound poms, as in today’s world that what it costs for most of us to set up over here. Then i start to talk about the southern cross, that most have tattoo on there bodies, asking them if they now the alignments etc ........ Blank look .... ok so you have a great big tattoo you don’t really know about.....
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:44 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Deancm_MKII;9159610]If you were Italian or greek would you like being called a wog? I know some of them do call themselves wogs but there are many that don' like it/QUOTE]

Stupid thing is - not one Italian knows that they were once called wogs - or Wops - or anything else. It's a British thing that never took off properly in Italy.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:49 pm
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by milly123
Personally, i would never call someone a wog or nigger etc.
A Brit or an Aussie is abbreviated for the relevant country.
A pom in most Australians thoughts means Prisoner of his /hers magisterial service, So i remind them , that all my ancestors, were not the convicts, its most of there that are, If they persist with there mental blockage, i then remind them we are no longer ten pound poms, BUT, ten thousand pound poms, as in today’s world that what it costs for most of us to set up over here. Then i start to talk about the southern cross, that most have tattoo on there bodies, asking them if they now the alignments etc ........ Blank look .... ok so you have a great big tattoo you don’t really know about.....
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Stupid thing is - not one Italian knows that they were once called wogs - or Wops - or anything else. It's a British thing that never took off properly in Italy.
Why would it take off in Italy? That's a bit like saying Pom never took off in England.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

deadlock will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Grayling
So how come the Aussies are the first to get upset if anyone takes the piss out of them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.