British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Building a two storey house in Perth (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/building-two-storey-house-perth-527143/)

burkesdownunder Apr 6th 2008 3:17 am

Building a two storey house in Perth

We are looking to build a two storey house in perth, can anyone out there give us any advice to which builders to use we are looking to spend around
$300.000-350.000:for total build:confused:

julesandco Apr 6th 2008 4:10 am

Re: Building a two storey house in Perth

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by burkesdownunder (Post 6165536)
We are looking to build a two storey house in perth, can anyone out there give us any advice to which builders to use we are looking to spend around

We're just at the end of a build with Perceptions (or Deceptions as they are commonly known :sneaky: ).

You have to watch the 'extras' as our build price fell into this category, but then we had substantial extras on top for more power points / downlights / variations. The build cost of ours now would be $400 before the extras! but I know they have lots of designs that would suit most budgets.

It's been very stressful, although everyone's told us we've built in the 'worst possible times'. The number of houses on their books has dropped off dramatically now and I'm sure you would have a better experience than we had.

What suburb are you going to build in? We liked the look of Novus, but they increased their costs by $80k in a four month period AND wanted a 5% loading to build in Secret Harbour, so we canned them and chose another builder.

I've attached a photo of the plan and the reality.

I would think long and hard about building........ it is very stressful :unsure:

Jules x

Dan the Plumber Apr 6th 2008 4:31 pm

Hi my Brother in Law is a home builder in Perth and has a few homes (loft homes) you could look at. The design would of course be your choice! His website is under construction but the first page will give his name and contact phone numbers. Give him a bell - English guy just say his Brother in Law Dan put you onto him!!
www.beaconhomes.com.au
Dan :thumbup:

burkesdownunder Apr 7th 2008 10:07 am

Hi

Thanks for the replys

We have bought some land at bayview estate stage 7 Beeliar about 5mins from sea and new Coogee Marina
As for loft houses, a lot of people have been putting us off saying the loft gets too hot, but i may give him a ring just to see what options he has

:thumbsup::unsure:

sj oldfield Apr 7th 2008 10:59 am

Originally Posted by burkesdownunder (Post 6171609)
Hi

Thanks for the replys

We have bought some land at bayview estate stage 7 Beeliar about 5mins from sea and new Coogee Marina
As for loft houses, a lot of people have been putting us off saying the loft gets too hot, but i may give him a ring just to see what options he has

:thumbsup::unsure:

Who ever you choose.....................avoid homestart.
They really mucked us about on our build. Drew up the plans, we signed payed our deposit.
We then didnt hear anything for months, kept phoning them to find out when our 'prestart' was and each time told 'another few weeks'
4 months later (and costting us a bloody fortune in interest payments) they then said they didnt want to build it as the block was too elevated.
Now they had seen the block and taken pictures of it from word go................it is elevated, butnot Mount Bloody Everest!!

Nu-Shooz Apr 7th 2008 11:08 am

BIL built on Burns beach...total cost of build 2 storey house and land $600,000.. bearing in mind he bought the land 2 years ago. His land value alone is now $900,000:eek:

I know there are cheaper areas, but nothing is cheap anymore:thumbdown: