Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Builders Licence: NSW Bricklayers/Carpenters

Builders Licence: NSW Bricklayers/Carpenters

Old Dec 7th 2008, 11:13 pm
formerly Poppy

Poppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to allPoppy 2 is a name known to all
Default Builders Licence: NSW Bricklayers/Carpenters

Just thought I would mention that you can do your Certificate IV Building Course at the Master Builders Association in Sydney over 13 weekends across 26 weeks. It costs around $5000/$6000 and they also assess your brickalying or carpentry to give you the respective licence for that (another$1800) but by passing both the course and the assessment for your respective licence, this gives you the paperwork to get a builders licence although I think you need to be working in the industry too. Of course if you don't want a builders licence, just a bricklaying or carpentry licence, thats a good way of doing that too as long as you have either trade certificates or lots of references, which you will have if you came in on a skilled visa and then an accessor goes through it with you and can issue the licence if you pass the assessment.

I know its expensive, but its a great way of doing it if you can afford it rather than the night class or home correspondent course which takes a few years with Tafe. My partner has just started it and is enjoying it and has met some great blokes too. We wish we had known about this when we moved here two years ago. He is a bricklayer by trade.

Hope all this makes sense.

Cheers