Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Builder rant part 290102..etc..etc

Wikiposts

Builder rant part 290102..etc..etc

Old Jul 25th 2006, 2:40 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Builder rant part 290102..etc..etc

We have one of those monstrosities of a rain water tank at the side of our house but it has to be in for our certificate of occupancy and conserving water.

Well about 10 days I was around the side putting some crushed rock down when i moved the wire a couple of inches and the valve popped out because it wasn't properly put in, discharging about 1500 litres of water on my garden ( I was amazed how much was in there)I phoned the builders at the time to tell them and of course still haven't heard from them.

Today was the first time that I was able to get back out here as it was now dry enough, so I finished the crushed rock and thought I'd check that it was working OK so I turned the mains off and flushed the toilets, nada.

Went around to the tank had a look and the gate valve was turned off, which would explain the large amount of water that got discharged into my garden as we've been flushing with fresh mains water. So much for the five star rating then as they didn't even check it to see that it was working.

Oh and of course when i did turn it on it started pissing out as their joints were leaking, but they wouldn't have known that because they didn't try it first.

We still have other bits outstanding that we are now told are now 3 month maintenance jobs, WTF is that all about when they were promised to be done within a week of us moving in now because they haven't they've gone past the threshold and become maintenance.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 3:06 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Builder rant part 290102..etc..etc

Mate,some one "up there" doesn't like you...
Old Jul 25th 2006, 3:10 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ransi
No mate, they're not "up there" they're in Burnside about 20k up the road
Old Jul 25th 2006, 3:32 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
We have one of those monstrosities of a rain water tank at the side of our house but it has to be in for our certificate of occupancy and conserving water.

Well about 10 days I was around the side putting some crushed rock down when i moved the wire a couple of inches and the valve popped out because it wasn't properly put in, discharging about 1500 litres of water on my garden ( I was amazed how much was in there)I phoned the builders at the time to tell them and of course still haven't heard from them.

Today was the first time that I was able to get back out here as it was now dry enough, so I finished the crushed rock and thought I'd check that it was working OK so I turned the mains off and flushed the toilets, nada.

Went around to the tank had a look and the gate valve was turned off, which would explain the large amount of water that got discharged into my garden as we've been flushing with fresh mains water. So much for the five star rating then as they didn't even check it to see that it was working.

Oh and of course when i did turn it on it started pissing out as their joints were leaking, but they wouldn't have known that because they didn't try it first.

We still have other bits outstanding that we are now told are now 3 month maintenance jobs, WTF is that all about when they were promised to be done within a week of us moving in now because they haven't they've gone past the threshold and become maintenance.
I know moving to Aus can be a testing experience, but this is silly.

Hoping you guys get a bit of good luck soon
Old Jul 25th 2006, 3:32 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw this thread and was frigtened to open the bloody thing lol I thought OH FFS whit nooo.

We are a year down the line and still have a couple of very minor things to get done....hopefully u well get those horses arses to get stuff sorted soon.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by biggy
I saw this thread and was frigtened to open the bloody thing lol I thought OH FFS whit nooo.

We are a year down the line and still have a couple of very minor things to get done....hopefully u well get those horses arses to get stuff sorted soon.
To be honest when it was leaking all over the place and rachel and I were getting soaked we were both pissing ourselves laughing.

I just can't believe that they didn't turn it on, if they had of done it would probably have been empty and saved us a load of aggro.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 3:45 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

To be honest when it was leaking all over the place and rachel and I were getting soaked we were both pissing ourselves laughing.

I just can't believe that they didn't turn it on, if they had of done it would probably have been empty and saved us a load of aggro.

useless tossers they r
Old Jul 25th 2006, 3:47 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ransi
Old Jul 25th 2006, 4:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

For God's Sake what's wrong with these people!! As you say, it's so unfunny now that it is actually hilarious (in a way )
R
Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute

That's the only way to deal with such a situation!

...followed by a beer and a curry!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:12 am
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Read your post and did laugh but I would have been very mad too.
Glad you had a laugh about it but it does just show how daft it all is.
I don't know if you remember my Dad's house at Mt Eliza that has to have blaconies ripped down and 2 bedroom celings collapsing the builder is soooo protected by red tape and my Dad is soooo frustrated with solicitors saying stuff like "Did you contact the builder to rectify the situation?" My Dad was like **** yes I ******* did !! He cannot stay in house and it is getting mouldier and wetter as we speak. The house is just 2 years old. Next court date is september :scared:
J x
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:57 am

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Read your post and did laugh but I would have been very mad too.
Glad you had a laugh about it but it does just show how daft it all is.
I don't know if you remember my Dad's house at Mt Eliza that has to have blaconies ripped down and 2 bedroom celings collapsing the builder is soooo protected by red tape and my Dad is soooo frustrated with solicitors saying stuff like "Did you contact the builder to rectify the situation?" My Dad was like **** yes I ******* did !! He cannot stay in house and it is getting mouldier and wetter as we speak. The house is just 2 years old. Next court date is september :scared:
J x
Sorry to hear about your dads problems.

it was funny it was like a scene from a bad comedy
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about your dads problems.

it was funny it was like a scene from a bad comedy
Where's the video clip? In fact they could probably do a whole series based on your experiences!

"Fraser's Friday Funny" - an everyday tale of a migrant plumber.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by sunbather
Where's the video clip? In fact they could probably do a whole series based on your experiences!

"Fraser's Friday Funny" - an everyday tale of a migrant plumber.
Haven't you got some DIY to do?
Old Jul 26th 2006, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't you got some DIY to do?
Now now. Watch where you're treading

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.