Wikiposts

Build Your Own PC?

Old Aug 22nd 2006, 11:35 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Build Your Own PC?

Originally Posted by The Norwegian
One more question, how is the supplier system in OZ.
One big or many small?

What is normal, buy supplies from Taiwan or other asian country or from a local supplier. Are there many supplier levels? ie national, state and local suppliers each taking a share of the final price?

Sheikh Erik of Norway
There are many less than ideal distributors here. I have 11 to enable me to build 1 PC! Even then there is no reliable level of stock. For example if I decide to build systems based on a AMD x64 3500 then the one and only supplier might only have anywhere from zero to 4 or 5 in stock if I'm lucky. The next shipment might be up to 3 months away. Sometimes they then get a 1000 or more in but oddly sometimes just a handfull! Trying to maintain any kind of structure is proving very frustrating. Most of the PC's I end up making seem to have to get component upgrades at my cost just so I can build it in any kind of reasonable time. (A frustrated computer system builder!)
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 6:36 pm
BuggerMan

The Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of lightThe Norwegian is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by arkon
There are many less than ideal distributors here. I have 11 to enable me to build 1 PC! Even then there is no reliable level of stock. For example if I decide to build systems based on a AMD x64 3500 then the one and only supplier might only have anywhere from zero to 4 or 5 in stock if I'm lucky. The next shipment might be up to 3 months away. Sometimes they then get a 1000 or more in but oddly sometimes just a handfull! Trying to maintain any kind of structure is proving very frustrating. Most of the PC's I end up making seem to have to get component upgrades at my cost just so I can build it in any kind of reasonable time. (A frustrated computer system builder!)
Sounds very inefficient to me. Have you registered your own PC building company? Are you sure there are no big supplier in, say Sydney?

I find it strange that no one has taken the opportunity to establish themself as a big national or state supplier
Old Aug 22nd 2006, 6:53 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Norwegian
Sounds very inefficient to me. Have you registered your own PC building company? Are you sure there are no big supplier in, say Sydney?

I find it strange that no one has taken the opportunity to establish themself as a big national or state supplier
There are, I can't name names but their idea of Big and proffesional needs a bit to be desired.