Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Budget Direct Car Insurance - are they ok?

Budget Direct Car Insurance - are they ok?

Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:20 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Budget Direct Car Insurance - are they ok?

Just did an online quote with Budget Direct Car Insurance and they came out very reasonable in comparison to our RACQ quote, has anyone else gone with them and are they generally ok?!

<<< for those who aren't sure who I'm talking about lol

Also, in the UK I'd always shop around for car insurance, go back to my current provider and usually they'd match the best price or better it, do they do that here?!

EDIT: Oh and progressive direct car insurance told us to bugger off cos we live in Toowoomba, TA FOR THAT LOL GRRRR :curse:

Last edited by Jen1977ni; Jan 17th 2011 at 9:24 am.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Budget Direct Car Insurance - are they ok?

We are with Budget Direct.

Our car was damaged by the hail storm in Perth last March. Phoned up Budget Direct. Got an appointment with the insurance assessor. He deemed the car a write off, gave us top dollar (I checked online what our car would be worth), and Budget Direct sent us the cheque a week later.

Last October someone reversed into my car in the car park (while my car was parked). The other party admitted it was their fault and offered to pay. Budget Direct sorted the repair out for me. All I had to do was rock up with the car - nothing to pau because the other side paid. Again all very easy.

Would definitely recommend them.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:27 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozhappy981
We are with Budget Direct.

Our car was damaged by the hail storm in Perth last March. Phoned up Budget Direct. Got an appointment with the insurance assessor. He deemed the car a write off, gave us top dollar (I checked online what our car would be worth), and Budget Direct sent us the cheque a week later.

Last October someone reversed into my car in the car park (while my car was parked). The other party admitted it was their fault and offered to pay. Budget Direct sorted the repair out for me. All I had to do was rock up with the car - nothing to pau because the other side paid. Again all very easy.

Would definitely recommend them.
Sorted! They are VERY cheap, almost half the price of RACQ, how do they do it?
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Now thats odd cos for me it was the other way round racq much cheaper....
Old Jan 17th 2011, 9:59 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by Safin
DOH my mistake, RACQ had sent us quotes for both cars...hmmm back to the drawing board lol Will RACQ match a quote if you get a cheaper one than they offer?
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:00 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

PS HELLO STRANGER!!!
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

Might not post that much anymore but keep an eye on you, as you very definately do post lots. Hard to think back to them IELTS days eh? So very glad you came through the last week ok.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Not sure if they match but you do get discounts for all sorts, membership multiple policies. Got OH car through them under my membership - just has both his and my names on it - as well as house ins etc.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:18 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Might not post that much anymore but keep an eye on you, as you very definately do post lots. Hard to think back to them IELTS days eh? So very glad you came through the last week ok.
Awww thanku, and I don't post half as much as I used to lol tee hee lol
Old Jan 17th 2011, 11:14 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

We have gone RACQ for 'family' cars based on previous experience and general reputation ... all our dealings have been good ... I wouldn't go Budget based on their shite ads.

Suncorp, much as I hate them, for buildings/contents,decent flood cover is handy
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:23 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
... I wouldn't go Budget based on their shite ads.
Yeah, I don't get them, you've got the old dude and the young French girl in the shower. Is he supposed to be knocking her off of something?

I don't get it.

Another one is AMII or however you spell it, have you seen their latest musical extravaganza ad? if so, can you make out a single word they are singing?
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:38 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
Just did an online quote with Budget Direct Car Insurance and they came out very reasonable in comparison to our RACQ quote, has anyone else gone with them and are they generally ok?!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zaf_pINaD8I <<< for those who aren't sure who I'm talking about lol

Also, in the UK I'd always shop around for car insurance, go back to my current provider and usually they'd match the best price or better it, do they do that here?!

EDIT: Oh and progressive direct car insurance told us to bugger off cos we live in Toowoomba, TA FOR THAT LOL GRRRR :curse:
We have been with them since arriving in Australia. 2 big claims made with no problems whatsoever. I chose the repairer, all original parts were used and I am happy with the results.

They are the cheapest that I have found and can recommend them.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:38 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Yeah, I don't get them, you've got the old dude and the young French girl in the shower. Is he supposed to be knocking her off of something?

I don't get it.

Another one is AMII or however you spell it, have you seen their latest musical extravaganza ad? if so, can you make out a single word they are singing?
The French bird is more likely to hail from Catford than Calais. And the whole thing is a creepy sight.

I'm afraid I can make out the AAMI song and it doesn't enhance the experience one iota.
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:46 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Had youi on the phone this morning and just checked budget direct and neither of them can beat the overall quote we've been given by RACQ for both of our cars, probably helps that we've got our contents insurance with them too, so it looks like we'll be 'sticking to what we know' at this point in time!

OH AND PROGRESSIVE DIRECT despite your ads being BRILLIANT I ...AM....NOT....YOUR...FRIEND...ANYYYYYYYYYYYYYYMO RE! ahem....
Old Jan 17th 2011, 10:55 pm
Mostly Harmless

Not alone ... http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...1349720&v=info

This is funny ... http://122.99.94.111/cases/415-09.pdf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.