Brown snake!!! :-)

Old Oct 7th 2012, 12:51 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brown snake!!! :-)

Originally Posted by chris955
No, they start life full size It would obviously depend very much where in the country the snake was encountered, there are many species it could have been but 99% would be venomous.
Ive caught a few baby dugites - last year I caught one of about 12 inches - tiny as in thin little chap it was.

The smallest I have seen was at work one day about 8 inches and as babies the dugites have an olive green dot on their heads. Biggest I have been called out to was a 2 metre dugite - really thick in body and the family pit bull terrier had bitten the snake several times and the snake bit the dog back - dog died pretty quickly and the snake died also.

It was massive and we exercise as much caution in picking up a dead one as we do a live - reflex bites not to mention they can envenomate for decades after death as in the venom sacks can remain in tact.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I accidentally ran over a python (about 4 metres long) on the weekend. It was stretched across my street and I was looking at my neighbours house and didn't see it stretched out until I was right on it. I turned around and came back to check on it and call the snake guy if it was injured. But it crawled into my friends garden and seemed fine. I went and told him and apparently it had been hanging around his place for a few days. The neighbours were worried it would get their little puppy. Haven't seen him since, hope he's okay (the snake not the neighbour). But it's definitely snake season and am worried about brown snakes because it's such a dry season.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

sammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant futuresammax has a brilliant future

No, they start life full size It would obviously depend very much where in the country the snake was encountered, there are many species it could have been but 99% would be venomous.
After reading on where they hang out it probably wasn't a brown snake as this was in Sydney, however, your comment about what percentage of snakes are venomous is scary!
Old Oct 9th 2012, 5:39 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Not true, baby dugites start off as tiny little things - as do Tiger snakes.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:03 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Not true, baby dugites start off as tiny little things - as do Tiger snakes.
I must ask, did you REALLY think that I was seriously saying they started out full size ? Obviously ALL snakes start out as tiny little things. Read the post I relied to
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:05 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammax
After reading on where they hang out it probably wasn't a brown snake as this was in Sydney, however, your comment about what percentage of snakes are venomous is scary!
Brown Snakes are pretty common throughout Sydney. The overwhelming majority of snakes in Australia are venomous.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:11 am

I must ask, did you REALLY think that I was seriously saying they started out full size ? Obviously ALL snakes start out as tiny little things. Read the post I relied to
At first I did then I noticed the winky smiley.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:11 am

Unless its a trouser snake then it could be exceptionally small.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:15 am
Banned

At first I did then I noticed the winky smiley.
You really thought I was saying snakes were born/hatched full size ? Just imagine those poor mother snakes
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:30 am

You really thought I was saying snakes were born/hatched full size ? Just imagine those poor mother snakes

I couldnt quite believe what I was reading but as I said, I ignored the smiley. Dont forget though Chris, someone once posted on here the most unbelievable tampon thread that will go down in thread history - so anything is possible.

Search for it at your own peril.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 8:32 am
Banned

I couldnt quite believe what I was reading but as I said, I ignored the smiley. Dont forget though Chris, someone once posted on here the most unbelievable tampon thread that will go down in thread history - so anything is possible.

Search for it at your own peril.
I will resist the temptation thanks
Old Oct 9th 2012, 10:13 am

I will resist the temptation thanks
Do a search for the diseased fanny towel thread, double dare ya!
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:00 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Do a search for the diseased fanny towel thread, double dare ya!
just reading that made me shudder.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by asprilla
just reading that made me shudder.
That was one of the times that I pulled stomach muscles laughing at a thread on BE.

I do believe there was a hand towel involved.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

LisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to allLisaIan is a name known to all

That was one of the times that I pulled stomach muscles laughing at a thread on BE.

I do believe there was a hand towel involved.
Hands down the funniest thread I've ever read....the OP's disgust at his MIL was palpable. I cried laughing reading that!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.