Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Brits attack Google Camera Car

Wikiposts

Brits attack Google Camera Car

Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits attack Google Camera Car

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
Could it not be that everyone is sooo pissed off with the fact that we are being snooped on so much but can't do anything about? Here is a non-government controlled body and as such is fair game to have a go (sort of). I am starting to see more objections to things (more local protests, Johnathan Toss fiasco, Ford protests, the Moslems that got set upon by locals when they were protesting at the funeral of a soldier killed in Afghanistan and G20 protests etc) that it would be nice to think that people are finally thinking that they've had enough and are making their feelings known and are actually trying to do something. Would also be nice to think that Gordon Clown will finally take notice of the minions (hm, maybe not).
Come the revolution......
That would be a fascist revolution which would be quite ironic.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 4:55 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I love the Google camera piccies, I have already been to where I used to live in London and couldn't believe how small the houses looked and how shabby my old street/flat was - I don't remember it being THAT shabby

I went to my best friends house and saw her cat in the window, I felt quite tearful seeing her house if truth be known.

I went down all the streets of my old hometown and although it was nice to do, I am so glad I moved from there.

The station had been vandalised a bit, lots of walls kicked down, I cant believe how much its changed. I wonder when these piccies were taken?

Where I live now in Perth, the google camera hasn't captured us - the images are from yonks ago before the houses on our street were done up.

I want the google car to come to my street so I can stand in the window with my cat and my dog and flash my tits off

I love it, in fact I am going to go on to Google Images right now.
Old Apr 4th 2009, 11:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I want the google car to come to my street so I can stand in the window with my cat and my dog and flash my tits off
It will be around in a few minutes. Old model Mitsubishi.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

Bluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant future

Not many things get me angry but this did.

Not so much at the residents who having had recent break ins are naturally worried but more at the press in the uk. Rather than embrace it, all the coverage about street view has been negitive and doom and gloom, almost like a hate campaign.

Stupid thing is, this made national evening news, so now everybody knows about Broughton. Wouldn't surprise me, if they get targeted even more now.

Its only a snapshot and its only showing you what you would see from the street anyway. What these stupid people don't realise is that we have have satellite view for years and nobody complained about that.

Satellite view shows people things that you would not otherwise be able to see from the street.

If you don't want people looking, get net curtains ffs!

I recently had to go into north london in morning rush hour to an area I am completely unfamiliar with without a sat nav. Thank god I had Google Street view to look at. Made the journey a lot less stressful.

This is just my opinion, but does anyone think its a generation thing?
Us youngies who embrace the internet love it and use it and those who will probably never use it, i.e the older generation hate it.
Old Apr 5th 2009, 1:06 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Bluenose
This is just my opinion, but does anyone think its a generation thing?
Us youngies who embrace the internet love it and use it and those who will probably never use it, i.e the older generation hate it.
I am an oldie, and I like it