Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

British tourist dead

British tourist dead

Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:10 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British tourist dead

Originally Posted by Pommie Aussie
oh so very sad how life can just change in an instance and people's lives gone. And the impact will affect alot of lives. A awful outcome on the families. so sad.
The worst part is the scientist who died could in the future have changed peoples lives for the better, the scumbag in the stolen vehicle was only ever going to change them for the worst and he is the one who survives.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
The worst part is the scientist who died could in the future have changed peoples lives for the better, the scumbag in the stolen vehicle was only ever going to change them for the worst and he is the one who survives.
Do idiot kids never turn themselves around then and become pillars of the community?
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:49 am
Forum Regular

Pommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nicePommie Aussie is just really nice

yes how very true. There is just too much of it happening here lately armed robberies e.t.c every day on the news its in our face. they dont care who they harm young or the very old.

The law needs to crack down as hard as they can on these hoons. they are just laughing with what they get if they get caught.

Just so sad . Our crime rate here is just awful. .
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:53 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Right. Nobody whose ever committed a crime has turned their lives around.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 9:20 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pommie Aussie
yes how very true. There is just too much of it happening here lately armed robberies e.t.c every day on the news its in our face. they dont care who they harm young or the very old.

The law needs to crack down as hard as they can on these hoons. they are just laughing with what they get if they get caught.

Just so sad . Our crime rate here is just awful. .
That is exactly right, they laugh at the courts and go straight out and do it again. They quite literally have to kill someone before the courts take notice and even then it is often a slap on the wrist.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 5:35 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

That is exactly right, they laugh at the courts and go straight out and do it again. They quite literally have to kill someone before the courts take notice and even then it is often a slap on the wrist.
And we have no idea that killing someone wasn't this person's intention. We only have his word for it that it was an accident. This could have been a deliberate attempt to murder someone as we saw exactly happen in Cardiff this week.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 5:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

One side point from this terrible tragedy - the taxi was a falcon estate, an old design now.

If the taxis here were modern vehicles with curtain airbags, better crash protection might it have saved a life ? i heard somewhere that Telstra told Ford they didn't want them anymore since they were considered inadequate regards driver safety.

Maybe not in this case but it's been bothering me since that terrible accident that the knackered old falcons that are often used need to be replaced with something safer.

It would be good if there was a fund that the public could contribute to for the drivers family - his poor wife is due in 2 weeks.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 5:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Zen10
And we have no idea that killing someone wasn't this person's intention. We only have his word for it that it was an accident. This could have been a deliberate attempt to murder someone as we saw exactly happen in Cardiff this week.
Exactly right.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 5:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Right. Nobody whose ever committed a crime has turned their lives around.
Maybe, but anyone who has killed another person shouldn't have the chance to "turn their life around"
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 5:23 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by canadaeh
Maybe, but anyone who has killed another person shouldn't have the chance to "turn their life around"
Again, exactly right.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 11:28 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
It would be good if there was a fund that the public could contribute to for the drivers family - his poor wife is due in 2 weeks.
There is. On the news last night they were saying that the Sikh community had raised $40k so far and that donations were going to be accepted until 31 October. Sorry, I was only half listening, so I don't know the details of where/how to donate.
Not even if it's an accident? Wow! Nice show of compassion there.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 11:36 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Again, exactly right.
Don't know the facts of this case as in the motive of the accused but just a quick query: Were your son to cause an accident that killed another person, and say he went to prison, would you not want him to have the chance of turning his life around, of getting a second chance? I'm no bleeding heart liberal by any stretch of the imagination but your comments disturb me slightly. I get the impression that you'd disown your child and expect them to be locked up forever.

Unless of course, a child of yours would never ever make a mistake.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 12:42 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Don't know the facts of this case as in the motive of the accused but just a quick query: Were your son to cause an accident that killed another person, and say he went to prison, would you not want him to have the chance of turning his life around, of getting a second chance? I'm no bleeding heart liberal by any stretch of the imagination but your comments disturb me slightly. I get the impression that you'd disown your child and expect them to be locked up forever.

This was no accident.
The guy was in a stolen 4X4 used in ram-raids and was running from the police. The police stopped the chase as he was driving so fast and dangerous and followed with the helicopter overhead.
The taxi was turning right on a green light when the 4X4 crashed into the taxi, killing 2 people.

I liked the analogy from another poster.....driving way too fast, running red lights, there is a strong chance you will kill someone, which in this instance happened. It's no different from walking into a shopping centre and firing a gun, someone may get hit, someone may die the consequences of both deeds are the same and therefore should be treated the same - Murder!
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 1:28 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

I think - and I mean I speculate - that my view on it is if my child were to get smashed and high and steal a heavy vehicle and drive through a city in it at speed at night with no lights on and kill someone I could never speak to them again.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 1:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
This was no accident.
I was asking a question of two people that was irrespective of this particular incident which is why I said I didn't know the ins and outs of the case.

Originally Posted by Zen10
I think - and I mean I speculate - that my view on it is if my child were to get smashed and high and steal a heavy vehicle and drive through a city in it at speed at night with no lights on and kill someone I could never speak to them again.
Wow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.