Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

British Migrants to Perth - Down 34%

British Migrants to Perth - Down 34%

Old Dec 29th 2007, 12:54 am
Moonbeast

ktyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nice
Default Re: British Migrants to Perth - Down 34%

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Could also have to do with as we move through different stages in life we desire different things.

Case in point London was great for me in my 20's but now with kids I want beach, outdoor focused lifestyle with a different approach too education. Will we be in Melbourne in 20 years? NO but that does not mean Melbourne has anything forcing me to go but I will be seeking more time in Europe in our Italian villa.

I can see your point about "Crap" and "grass in greener" but in my case it does not relate. Sure there were "Crap" issues back in the UK but none of which really made me get up and make the move. Although the eternal optimist I still always look for the balance in decision making and watched out for the potential negatives in moving downunder. My point is there are more factors or variables than just searching for something better (but I dont discount this for a majority of people). Travelling does open ones eyes and provides more choice or opportunities.

The point you are also alluding too is "tall poppy syndrome" which is alive and kicking in all countries. That is "don't get to ambitious it makes us look bad" - yes it does and proves the point.
Love Geelong man. Apollo bay, beautiful.
Good reply.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:04 am
Blah Blah Blah

Buttockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond reputeButtockup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ktyler1961
Look Ms Buttocks. What the bloody hell is a GIS ?
Tell me in English.
Turns out it's an acronym for Google Image Search; I thought it was an acronym for Google Internet Search.

Maybe I should have used Google from the outset. Oh well.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 6:57 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by the plumber
Seriously though.........think perth's great...!

For people with the intellect of your average gold fish.....cos you know perth's like a gold fish bowl .... all you can do is go round and round and round......:curse:

all the best plumb.....

ps sorry could'nt find the "giddy looking smiley'"
My thoughts exactly
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:18 am
Banned

bstardo will become famous soon enough

ok sunshine, Im in Old Trafford, near the gorse hill pub.

All I will say cock, is remember some/many people are very happy with their lot, and dont strive to be ambitious, this does amuse people, but maybe they are just not that way inclined or been there done that.

As for Perth being a goldfish bowl, which country isnt...

How many times can I go to the same places within 2 hours drive of manchester, any further costs money which i dont have, and the weather is pants otherwise i would have gone camping with my kids.

Maybe I am one of those who has seen enogh planes, hotels etc to last a lifetime, Im happy being bored and driving around aslong its sunshine, got sea and beaches, good food, a few bars to frequent, and enough money in my pocket to treat my kids and put them through education, and may be go on the odd holiday now again,

other than that, its the celebrity lifestyle you choose, not an expat one.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
My thoughts exactly
Do you seriously think that Tracey? I find it quite insulting for people to think that you see just because someone is happy with a place. My husband and I are both well educated, well travelled folk who just happen to like the quiet life.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 7:56 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
Do you seriously think that Tracey? I find it quite insulting for people to think that you see just because someone is happy with a place. My husband and I are both well educated, well travelled folk who just happen to like the quiet life.
Well, that's just the problem with you isn't it C. You tend to get very easily insulted by anyone who either a) disagree's with your opinions or choices, or b) doesn't sit on the fence with their opinions and tends to air them....hence leading to a)....vicious circle really

You and I will never agree with our opinions about this place. So why do you constantly try to argue with me? It's been years of wasted breath for you.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:09 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I agree with Northernbird. I don't think that she particularly has an issue with you (TraceyW) not liking perth, or voicing your opinion. But that wasn't what you were doing.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:14 am
Moonbeast

ktyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nicektyler1961 is just really nice

Originally Posted by bstardo
ok sunshine, Im in Old Trafford, near the gorse hill pub.

All I will say cock, is remember some/many people are very happy with their lot, and dont strive to be ambitious, this does amuse people, but maybe they are just not that way inclined or been there done that.

As for Perth being a goldfish bowl, which country isnt...

How many times can I go to the same places within 2 hours drive of manchester, any further costs money which i dont have, and the weather is pants otherwise i would have gone camping with my kids.

Maybe I am one of those who has seen enogh planes, hotels etc to last a lifetime, Im happy being bored and driving around aslong its sunshine, got sea and beaches, good food, a few bars to frequent, and enough money in my pocket to treat my kids and put them through education, and may be go on the odd holiday now again,

other than that, its the celebrity lifestyle you choose, not an expat one.
As I said in my earlier post I envy people who are happy with their lot, they don't suffer much anxiety. I've been there, done that and all that bo..ock. but Perth is still limited in terms of where you can go, in a 2 hour drive for example. If you go on the odd holiday now and then in Perth, by car, you'd be spending the rest of your life camping in the bush on every holiday. How boring would that be after a while.
At the moment you are 5/10 minutes away from Manny Airport. You could be in Paris, Rome, Milan within two hours. If you book in advance it is cheap as chips. It is cheaper than paying for fuel to drive two hours and back with a loaded car up and down a crowded motorway. The cradle of civilisation is on your doorstep, Europe, but you would rather swim around in 'the bowl' ????
The cost of living in Perth has rocketed and is pretty much comparable with here. Six dollars for a pint if your lucky, more like eight. Restaurant food is as pricey as here, and education is just a joke.
Perth has decided that because loads of people are going there then they can charge what they want, but many people are being priced out. They've seen the goldfish coming and once they are in the bowl they know it will be hard for them to get out.
In the winter months you would be driving around in the pi..ing rain and going home to a house that doesn't have central heating.
No wonder ther's been a 34% drop.
Anyway, what's wrong with the Gorse Hill ? I was in there not too many moons ago.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:21 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that's just the problem with you isn't it C. You tend to get very easily insulted by anyone who either a) disagree's with your opinions or choices, or b) doesn't sit on the fence with their opinions and tends to air them....hence leading to a)....vicious circle really

You and I will never agree with our opinions about this place. So why do you constantly try to argue with me? It's been years of wasted breath for you.
I wasn't arguing, i was seriously asking you a question. Do you think seriously think people are unintelligent because they like it here. I have no problem with you/other people not liking Perth, I appreciate it isn't for everyone (and I am well past arguing about it now). I just find it strange that people would think I was unintelligent because I am just happy sat reading a book and not out exploring the world.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:41 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the plumber
Seriously though.........think perth's great...!

For people with the intellect of your average gold fish.....cos you know perth's like a gold fish bowl .... all you can do is go round and round and round......:curse:

all the best plumb.....

ps sorry could'nt find the "giddy looking smiley'"
Perth isnt for everyone as its been said on here over and over again, but please not insult those of us that are happy here:curse:
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:44 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

My thoughts exactly
The same goes for you. You get on your high horse when anyone doesnt agree with you or questions you. Your not happy here WE GET IT, leave the rest of us in peace.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:32 am
Banned

What you got to ask yourselves, will Perth miss any of the whingers.

I feel slightly humble Australia wants us, in the aid to build a great country.

A young country needing migrants, its a kick in the bollocks to Australia by those who get there and say its shite.

Personally I deport the lot of the whingers, as they obviously add nothing to the country. I see an analogy here with some problems with certain cultures in the UK.

And at last I see the same problems the world over, its becoming clearer , its happens everywhere.

Be happy with what you get and get on with it.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:38 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bstardo
Personally I deport the lot of the whingers, as they obviously add nothing to the country. I see an analogy here with some problems with certain cultures in the UK.
And too the ones only staying on to get citizenship before buggering off:curse:
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:40 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
And too the ones only staying on to get citizenship before buggering off:curse:
Do you know, Never thought of that too,

especially as those who hate the country are those who stay to get the aussie passports and then bugger off.

Making some excuse its for the kids, but by that time the kids are so disalluisoned hearing their parents they hate the place just as much.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:57 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

And predictably this thread has bitten the dust.
Please remember that this forum exists as a community - to share views and opinions and to help each other.It does not exist so that people can rubbish the opinions,views and experiences of others, or so that people can be rude to those who don't share their opinions.
Please remember that everyone is different, and don't judge someone or their motives until you have walked a mile in their shoes.