Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

British hostage Norman Kember released

Wikiposts

British hostage Norman Kember released

Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:52 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: British hostage Norman Kember released

Originally Posted by seang
Just to be clear I was 100% serious when I posted that. It (the actual op) had the regiments fingerprints all over it. Totally professional.
I took you seriously to begin with - and yes, I agree.

I also was serious when I said I wonder how they got the info out of the detainee............ Personally that would be more the Americans style - reading between the lines (and probably been wrong...)
I took you seriously on this point as well. The Beeb article notes that the necessary information was "provided" at 0800 (0500 GMT).

What does that suggest to you?

It suggests to me that someone had already been "questioned" for a considerable length of time...
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 5:58 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British hostage Norman Kember released

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
I took you seriously on this point as well. The Beeb article notes that the necessary information was "provided" at 0800 (0500 GMT).

What does that suggest to you?

It suggests to me that someone had already been "questioned" for a considerable length of time...
Cant see anyone volunteering any info to easily. Although maybe they asked nicely....
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 6:01 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: British hostage Norman Kember released

Cant see anyone volunteering any info to easily. Although maybe they asked nicely....
Perhaps he divulged the information at 0800 because that's when they all turned up for breakfast?
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon they had special forces alright; SAS, most likely.

Those geezers are hard, they probably eat broken bottles for breakfast!
in another life i shared the breakfast table with the commanding officers of 21,22,23 SAS and the director of special forces UK, not a broken bottle in sight!
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 6:13 am
Fighting my corner

Wink Re: British hostage Norman Kember released

Originally Posted by don544
in another life i shared the breakfast table with the commanding officers of 21,22,23 SAS and the director of special forces UK, not a broken bottle in sight!
Damn! You mean they wouldn't even share?
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

Damn! You mean they wouldn't even share?
no, and it was a laugh watching them try to eat with balaclavers on!
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 6:27 am
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: British hostage Norman Kember released

Originally Posted by don544
no, and it was a laugh watching them try to eat with balaclavers on!
Karma sent!
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Karma sent!
cheers mate
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 10:32 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Just to be clear I was 100% serious when I posted that. It (the actual op) had the regiments fingerprints all over it. Totally professional.
What colour is the boat house at Hereford?
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 10:45 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

We should never have started the war, but damn, spare a tear for Tom Fox, eh?

Jonni, I agree with you. These were, however, peace activists and not Hessians looking for big wages.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 8:14 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
What colour is the boat house at Hereford?
I'm with you (just dont say blue)
Old Mar 24th 2006, 2:09 am
BE Enthusiast

cow pie time
Old Mar 24th 2006, 3:20 am
sunny coast

jonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond reputejonni boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowbunny
We should never have started the war, but damn, spare a tear for Tom Fox, eh?

Jonni, I agree with you. These were, however, peace activists and not Hessians looking for big wages.
which make them even bigger tits for taking a massive risk like going into the lions den for nowt

what bloody use is a piece activist in a war zone.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 4:12 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonni boy
which make them even bigger tits for taking a massive risk like going into the lions den for nowt

what bloody use is a piece activist in a war zone.
They were trying to help?

I doubt the American was any "worse" than the Brit or Canucks. He was killed because he was American. This only fuels the hatred between Americans and the Muslim extremists.

I could completely denounce my country's actions and call for peace and an end to war, and I'd still be executed because I was born in America. Worse still, my own fellow Americans might view me a traitor and "un-American" for not supporting the war.

Well done to the SAS.
Old Mar 24th 2006, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
Fantastic news......

British hostage Norman Kember and two Canadian colleagues have been freed in Iraq.

Foreign Secretary Jack Straw has already spoken to Mr Kember's wife Pat. "She is delighted, elated with this news," he said.

Mr Kember is in reasonable health, but the two Canadians are believed to have received medical attention.

The three were rescued in a military operation which involved British forces.

On the news this morning it was stated that Norman Kember had forgotten something.

To thank the troops involved in his rescue.

Now thats Gratitude for you.

John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.