Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

British gas 35% Price hike.

British gas 35% Price hike.

Old Jul 30th 2008, 11:17 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British gas 35% Price hike.

I do believe tomorrow they are going to announce their profits while saying that by January prices could be up as much as 70%
Old Jul 30th 2008, 11:20 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Oil and gas are different fuel sources?
British gas are saying that the increase in the prices is due to the high cost of barrels of oil.

Because of shortages in gas in the UK they are having to bring it in from Norway I think they said.

Therefore we have to pay for the luxury.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 5:38 am
Account Closed

BristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud ofBristolBeary has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lenmil
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7533389.stm

What a joke eh. Move to Oz as it's warmer?
I really don't understand how some of the peoples bills on here are so much - have you got your heaters/cookers on 24 * 7?

When I left Bristol last October (9 months ago) my gas bill in a 3 bed semi with wife and 2 year old was just under £30 a month (even cheaper in summer). We used gas for central heating boiler and gas hob cooker?

What are you all doing with the gas bottling it and selling it to someone else!!! No wonder climate control is such an issue.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Reading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to allReading fan is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BristolBeary
I really don't understand how some of the peoples bills on here are so much - have you got your heaters/cookers on 24 * 7?

When I left Bristol last October (9 months ago) my gas bill in a 3 bed semi with wife and 2 year old was just under £30 a month (even cheaper in summer). We used gas for central heating boiler and gas hob cooker?

What are you all doing with the gas bottling it and selling it to someone else!!! No wonder climate control is such an issue.
All we run on gas at the moment (ie summer months) is the hob and boiler to heat the water on for one hour in the morning and one in the evening. The bill arrived 2 days ago £170. The house is only two years old so can't put it down to inefficiency !You were obviously lucky !
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Oil and gas are different fuel sources?
In the UK Gas is price linked to the price of a barrel of european oil.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:00 am
aka DORIS

We have central heating and a dual fuel cooker, no gas fires apparently we were £200 in the red to them even though they had to reimburse us last year. We had our bill more than double by the gas companies thats what is happening here unfortunately.

Its out of our control. Prices are soaring. Looking back at what I had written it should have sent combined gas and elec £140 thats without this round of increases.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:51 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenmil
. Move to Oz as it's warmer?
Yep, a whole 4 degrees here last night
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
I do believe tomorrow they are going to announce their profits while saying that by January prices could be up as much as 70%
God bless them, they only made 992 million quids worth of profit in the first six months of this year. My heart bleeds.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 7:52 am
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
God bless them, they only made 992 million quids worth of profit in the first six months of this year. My heart bleeds.
Not sure why people have such a problem with companies doing well and making big profits. If companies and individuals didn't pursue making a profit there would be no jobs creation and then what?
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:13 pm
aka DORIS

Its fine to make a profit and I understand jobs need to be created, but when some sections of society are having to chose whether they have warmth or food then we have a problem.

Despite some warm whether in the UK during the past couple of months it did get quite cold and even we as a relatively young family put the heating on for a couple of hours at a time, not so sure some people would have had that choice, there is no help payment wise in the summer months either for those in need.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:16 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by wardy2
<gulp>
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:42 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

get a log burner,and freez yer balls off,no need for gas then,,easy
Old Aug 1st 2008, 1:09 pm

Lenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to beholdLenmil is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by aston man

LOL.....memories of NZ in 2004. Chopping firewood the old fashioned way.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 5:36 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with you on this!
I have a 3 bed detached house. We have gas central heating, a gas fire and a gas hob on our cooker.
Our gas is £35 per month and our electric is £47.

We pay direct debit so these costs stay pretty even throughout the year.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aston man
$400 for 4 tonne of red gum to last the winter in a combustion heater that'll do the whole house. Apparently priceless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.