Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

British Expats....the forum.

British Expats....the forum.

Old Jul 3rd 2013, 7:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Expats....the forum.

Originally Posted by eddie007
RIVER IN EGYPT
Ah! I get it.

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Put the bottle down poofter.
Tinnies and 5L white wine actually.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 6:01 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I agree somewhat with all of the last few posts, however, BE has become rather cliquey and less kind and welcoming - especially this year.
That's because we don't want you here.

But in all seriousness I still like checking in here, every now and then. If only to confirm to myself that lettuce is still expensive, the housing market is still about to crash, and that Melbourne is the intellectual capital of the known universe.

Also, I love the variety of people that come and go on this website. Such as, the guy who is earning $170k in Brisbane but has no money left each month and is living in a shed costing $1000 a week. lol.

Last edited by asprilla; Jul 4th 2013 at 6:08 am.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:58 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla

But in all seriousness I still like checking in here, every now and then. If only to confirm to myself that lettuce is still expensive, the housing market is still about to crash, and that Melbourne is the intellectual capital of the known universe.

Also, I love the variety of people that come and go on this website. Such as, the guy who is earning $170k in Brisbane but has no money left each month and is living in a shed costing $1000 a week. lol.
How the other half lives ....
Old Jul 4th 2013, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla

Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:57 pm
Wannabe PPP

With All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to all

I may be a recent addition to BE and one who hasn't been very active over the last few weeks as I've been very busy (and Mods! - Comodo Dragon has been blocking BE as it warns "Malware Ahead!"), but I know some of what I like about the place.

I like the loose connection to Oz it provides, as I wish I was back there! I like keeping in the loop a little. I like getting a glimpse of other's lives, tales and experiences. I like to help, if I can. And there are a real mix of people here that you see shine through with their posts - some are lovely and fluffy and I'm sure we'd get on great in person in real life; others are challenging and make me think; and some are spiky and I'm sure in real life I'd be telling them where to get off within a few minutes! Still, we're all safely (dis)connected by the internerd and to nick a line from a song "if you're doing no harm then you're alright with me..."
Old Jul 4th 2013, 2:22 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by With All Due Respect...
I may be a recent addition to BE and one who hasn't been very active over the last few weeks as I've been very busy (and Mods! - Comodo Dragon has been blocking BE as it warns "Malware Ahead!"), but I know some of what I like about the place.
There is no Malware on BE, it was caused by dodgy script within an advert, its been discussed to death and the blocks should all now be cleared.
If you are still getting blocked now please post the details in Site Feedback
Old Jul 4th 2013, 2:40 pm
Wannabe PPP

With All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to allWith All Due Respect... is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There is no Malware on BE, it was caused by dodgy script within an advert, its been discussed to death and the blocks should all now be cleared.
If you are still getting blocked now please post the details in Site Feedback
I think the block was lifted either today, or late last night? That's not why I've not been here much anyway - I've just been too busy. I'm sure it has been discussed loads, and that it did site traffic a fair bit of harm too? Still, made a change from discussing the cost of living and house prices for a while, eh?

I shall mention it no more.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 2:59 pm
Home and Happy

I think the block was lifted either today, or late last night? That's not why I've not been here much anyway - I've just been too busy. I'm sure it has been discussed loads, and that it did site traffic a fair bit of harm too? Still, made a change from discussing the cost of living and house prices for a while, eh?

I shall mention it no more.
There were malware warnings all over the place,most of which could be circumvented and we posted lots of announcements to say the site was safe. That was over a week ago, but the way that google indexes means that some blocking pages were still appearing till yesterday. Glad you're back anyway
Old Jul 4th 2013, 3:07 pm
Wannabe PPP

Aw, thanks!

Right, I'll shut my trap and let this thread get
Old Jul 4th 2013, 3:10 pm
Home and Happy

Aw, thanks!

Right, I'll shut my trap and let this thread get
Did it have a topic?

Old Jul 4th 2013, 4:11 pm
Wannabe PPP

Did it have a topic?

Maybe not, but if it did it wasn't malware.

Don't tempt me with beer already. It's only 5 o' clock here! My posts will be real messy by midnight if I start now.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 4:13 pm
Home and Happy

Maybe not, but if it did it wasn't malware.

Don't tempt me with beer already. It's only 5 o' clock here! My posts will be real messy by midnight if I start now.
2.15am here and I have a rare weekend off
Old Jul 4th 2013, 4:29 pm
Wannabe PPP

2.15am here and I have a rare weekend off
Haha! Get on yer grogbox then! Enjoy.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 4:34 pm
Home and Happy

Haha! Get on yer grogbox then! Enjoy.
Mate coming over for the weekend, Gold Coast Christmas in July meet on Saturday - working Sunday night, hope that just means "turn up and sit at the desk and look like I'm sober not hungover "