Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

which is the british expats favourite airline?

Wikiposts
View Poll Results: which is your favourite airline?
Emirates
21.67%
Singapore Airlines
45.83%
Qantas
7.50%
British Airways
5.00%
Malaysia Airlines
3.33%
Thai Airways
0%
Cathay Pacific
2.50%
Virgin
5.00%
Air New Zealand
5.00%
Other
4.17%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

which is the british expats favourite airline?

Old Apr 7th 2009, 1:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: which is the british expats favourite airline?

Originally Posted by bigAPE

Specifically an airline that thinks that they can automatically allocate passengers to seats based on some magic powder they flick over a mainframe bookings server which results in me, a 6'3" adult male, being stuck in a middle seat between two 6'4" adult 20 stone American males in sweaty stinking tank tops and sweaty dripping arms for 15 stinking grotesque hours while every other aisle on the flight has a tiny 4' tall 15 year old girl, after I booked the flight four months in advance stating an aisle would be required due to my height.

Al
Apparently Qantas, and more than likely a good deal of other airlines, have a policy of not seating male passengers next to unrelated minors. May explain your uncomfortable journey.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by spartacus
Apparently Qantas, and more than likely a good deal of other airlines, have a policy of not seating male passengers next to unrelated minors. May explain your uncomfortable journey.
Not sure how true that is because i was sat next to a minor on my flight from Singapore to Brisbane only a few months ago. His father was next to him though so maybe that made a difference. Flight was really quiet so i moved anyway.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wullieb1
Not sure how true that is because i was sat next to a minor on my flight from Singapore to Brisbane only a few months ago. His father was next to him though so maybe that made a difference. Flight was really quiet so i moved anyway.
The father may have been issued the seat next to you. Its a policy I was told about, not one I've read about first hand.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

wullieb1 is on a distinguished road

The father may have been issued the seat next to you. Its a policy I was told about, not one I've read about first hand.
Could well have been. Don't know who was issued what seat.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Could well have been. Don't know who was issued what seat.
You're not a 6'4", 20 stone American male in a sweaty stinking tank top and sweaty dripping arms are you? If so, I would've given my lad the seat next to you as well.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 2:25 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

I would vote for Singapore every time, if only they flew into Scotland. So, until they do, I will fly with Emirates and avoid the hell of Heathrow airport
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:33 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I use Emirates too and have never been through Heathrow, used Dubai the last time and i hated it, it was far too big, we have 3 children, 10, 6 and 2, so it was a complete nightmare. Just that it was so easy flying from Glasgow airport, which was a 15 minute drive from our house at the time, straight to Dubai, stop off at Singy for refuelling and onto Brissie.

Next time i will do the Singapore - Heathrow - Glasgow flight!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:04 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I use Emirates too and have never been through Heathrow, used Dubai the last time and i hated it, it was far too big, we have 3 children, 10, 6 and 2, so it was a complete nightmare. Just that it was so easy flying from Glasgow airport, which was a 15 minute drive from our house at the time, straight to Dubai, stop off at Singy for refuelling and onto Brissie.

Next time i will do the Singapore - Heathrow - Glasgow flight!
I don't actually think Heathrow is as bad as a lot of people say it is, BUT, I can guarantee you that transferring from T3 to T1 at Heathrow will definitely be more of a pain in the arse than changing planes in T3 at Dubai. Connecting times at Heathrow are long and baggage often goes astray.

You know there is now a non-stop service from Brisbane to Dubai on Emirates? So you can do BNE-DXB-GLA in one stop.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:11 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody think this 'price war' will last until next jan/feb
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:19 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
I don't actually think Heathrow is as bad as a lot of people say it is, BUT, I can guarantee you that transferring from T3 to T1 at Heathrow will definitely be more of a pain in the arse than changing planes in T3 at Dubai. Connecting times at Heathrow are long and baggage often goes astray.

You know there is now a non-stop service from Brisbane to Dubai on Emirates? So you can do BNE-DXB-GLA in one stop.
Yeah i had my suspicions about Heathrow, i think it's personal experience, like ours at Dubai.

I like the sound of the non-stop service though. Would consider that one, i have heard positive comments about Dubai, must be worth a go!
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:29 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

My last flight back from Singapore was a night flight and i had three seats to myself at the back,so this mum thought it would good to have her daughter(3yrs old) sleep on the two free seats.I ended up working the vid for her,feeding her her meal and comforting her during the landing whilst mum had a lovely sleep Told the cain crew and they just shrugged their shoulders,must have had 'childrens nurse' written on me head or something,but come on
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
My last flight back from Singapore was a night flight and i had three seats to myself at the back,so this mum thought it would good to have her daughter(3yrs old) sleep on the two free seats.I ended up working the vid for her,feeding her her meal and comforting her during the landing whilst mum had a lovely sleep Told the cain crew and they just shrugged their shoulders,must have had 'childrens nurse' written on me head or something,but come on
Obviously had your cards marked from the off:

"Stick him up the back on his own, out of harm's way."

Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Hope he was well behaved! (Just in case that was my OH & son!)
Old Apr 7th 2009, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Hope he was well behaved! (Just in case that was my OH & son!)
He kept trying to look down the stewardess' blouse when she was serving drinks, and there was an incident with the lady in front, but nothing could be proved.

Your son, on the other hand, was impeccably well behaved.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

He kept trying to look down the stewardess' blouse when she was serving drinks, and there was an incident with the lady in front, but nothing could be proved.

Your son, on the other hand, was impeccably well behaved.
That would have been about right!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.