Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Brisbane's Man Drought!

Wikiposts

Brisbane's Man Drought!

Old Dec 8th 2011, 9:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisbane's Man Drought!

A good man is getting harder to find
While it has been raining cats and dogs in Brisbane over the past week, there's one thing it's not raining: men. The inner-city dating scene is in the grip of a "man drought", with an oversupply of the fairer sex.

"Everywhere I go I seem to see nothing but women, women, women, so there definitely seems to be a shortage of men," Sile Doyle, 38, who moved to Brisbane six months ago said. "There seems to be a distinct lack of guys between a certain age, say between early 30s to mid-40s ... they're just not about," she said.

==========================

We've just done a poll round the office and decided she's right! Everything male is either married, and/or gay, and/or not worth a second look Thinking of the no-hopers my mates and I have encountered on nights out lately confirms it even further.... Definitely not a city for women looking for partners
Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane's Man Drought!

They've probably headed south to find more "civilised" women..
Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're after Real Men and plenty of em head over to shockingham...

Ok you'll need to loose the PC 'tude and accept summit a little more ferral than yer classy Brissie bloke... But its easy as to pull here
Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:52 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of single bogan's around.

Now I know they fall into the 'not worth a second look' category, but if it's a choice between A: go without, or B: shut yer eyes and think of (whatever country one is from).

Mmm, what would you do?
Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Plenty of single bogan's around.

Now I know they fall into the 'not worth a second look' category, but if it's a choice between A: go without, or B: shut yer eyes and think of (whatever country one is from).

Mmm, what would you do?
Actually... Theres some eye candy in the bogan brigade... Like essex girls... Great til they open their mouths... So better to keep yer eyes open but stick the earplugs in.....
Old Dec 8th 2011, 4:59 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

When most of the women look and act like blokes it's hardly surprising the finer single male examples have scarpered.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DeadVim
When most of the women look and act like blokes it's hardly surprising the finer single male examples have scarpered.
I challenge you to a round of Drink yer Darts....

You up for it?

Nah... Probably not.....
Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Pretty much what I wanted to say, but didn't have the guts to do so!
Originally Posted by roaringmouse
They've probably headed south to find more "civilised" women..
Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Pretty much what I wanted to say, but didn't have the guts to do so!
FFS man up will you grow some balls... Drink some cement and hardin the fluck up... Build a bridge and get over it..

You blokes have been acting like blokes all yer lives.... The politically correct "we" applaud those men who get in touch with their feminine side...

Yet wimmin face More bloody discrimination... Slagged off for getting in touch wiv their masculine side....

Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
A good man is getting harder to find
While it has been raining cats and dogs in Brisbane over the past week, there's one thing it's not raining: men. The inner-city dating scene is in the grip of a "man drought", with an oversupply of the fairer sex.

"Everywhere I go I seem to see nothing but women, women, women, so there definitely seems to be a shortage of men," Sile Doyle, 38, who moved to Brisbane six months ago said. "There seems to be a distinct lack of guys between a certain age, say between early 30s to mid-40s ... they're just not about," she said.

==========================

We've just done a poll round the office and decided she's right! Everything male is either married, and/or gay, and/or not worth a second look Thinking of the no-hopers my mates and I have encountered on nights out lately confirms it even further.... Definitely not a city for women looking for partners
Perhaps the men don't fancy the "shitty tattooo" look, rule that out and there's virtually no local women left.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Perhaps the men don't fancy the "shitty tattooo" look, rule that out and there's virtually no local women left.
If you added a to your post you MIGHT get away with your masculinity in Tact
Old Dec 8th 2011, 6:14 pm

sheene is an unknown quantity at this point

You need to find out how they know when you are going out. I reckon someone is warning them.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 7:43 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sheene
You need to find out how they know when you are going out. I reckon someone is warning them.
Old Dec 8th 2011, 7:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Plenty of reasons why they don't fancy me but I don't have tattoos
Old Dec 8th 2011, 7:48 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of reasons why they don't fancy me but I don't have tattoos
because yer a BE mod ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.