Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Immigration 20th Jan?

Wikiposts

Brisbane Immigration 20th Jan?

Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brisbane Immigration 20th Jan?

I hope it was no-one from here........father with Aussie passport, mother with UK passport with visa newly granted, 3 small children with passports and visas - one visa with the first & middle names back-to-front - and an older child (late teens). As I was released into Australia to run amok, the woman was explaining at the next counter "no she doesn't have a visa but she wanted to come at the last minute, we'll sort it out now shes here....."
Wonder which plane she is on to go back?

Another couple of little points for people entering - if you are bringing food, make a list and give it to the AQIS guy - done it twice now, and they like it cos it makes life easier for everyone.
Also, know which bag the stuff is in that you are declaring, so that if they want to look, its easy to find.

And a silly one - On the way out of Aus I got my furry (toy) chipmunk's "Teddy bear passport" stamped. The guy on the way back in wouldn't do it, saying it was a criminal offence to possess such a passport!!! (its an imitation UK one, clearly for a toy!). He was OK about it, but be warned - any children asking may be sadly disappointed!!!

(PS the passport is from The Bear Factory http://www.thebearfactory.co.uk/prod...duct_id=725044
if anyone is interested
Old Feb 20th 2006, 2:33 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Brisbane Immigration 20th Jan?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I hope it was no-one from here........father with Aussie passport, mother with UK passport with visa newly granted, 3 small children with passports and visas - one visa with the first & middle names back-to-front - and an older child (late teens). As I was released into Australia to run amok, the woman was explaining at the next counter "no she doesn't have a visa but she wanted to come at the last minute, we'll sort it out now shes here....."

Another couple of little points for people entering - if you are bringing food, make a list and give it to the AQIS guy - done it twice now, and they like it cos it makes life easier for everyone.
Also, know which bag the stuff is in that you are declaring, so that if they want to look, its easy to find.

And a silly one - On the way out of Aus I got my furry (toy) chipmunk's "Teddy bear passport" stamped. The guy on the way back in wouldn't do it, saying it was a criminal offence to possess such a passport!!! (its an imitation UK one, clearly for a toy!). He was OK about it, but be warned - any children asking may be sadly disappointed!!!

(PS the passport is from The Bear Factory http://www.thebearfactory.co.uk/prod...duct_id=725044
if anyone is interested
Mate, have you made an early visit to this thread or something.
Old Feb 20th 2006, 3:12 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana

if anyone is interested
So did you see what happened Polly? did they send the teenager home? cant believe how stupid some people are
Old Feb 20th 2006, 9:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
So did you see what happened Polly? did they send the teenager home? cant believe how stupid some people are
I didn't see what happened as they let me through and I had to go help The Bloke with our excessive mound of luggage.......OK, I'll be honest, MY excessive mound of luggage .52 kg last time (inc hand luggage) with jusr me travelling, this time it was only 70kg with two of us!!!!

(oops, don't tell the airline )