Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Brisbane Bore Water Testing...Where???

Brisbane Bore Water Testing...Where???

Old Jun 6th 2006, 10:10 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane Bore Water Testing...Where???

For those of you in the Brisbane area...

Seen as it is not raining in the correct places and our tanks are slowly going down (or soon to be quickly as have 5 visitors coming).

Where can you get your Bore water tested, has anyone had it done?

If you have was it drinkable and do you drink it?

People with Town Water please ignore this you jammy buggers... but then we can water our gardens but will just die from thirst...
:scared: :scared: :scared: .
Old Jun 7th 2006, 9:57 am

Question Re: Brisbane Bore Water Testing...Where???

So has nobody done this already??????????????????????????????

Most unlike expats for nobody to have a sensible answer... .
Old Jun 7th 2006, 11:37 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane Bore Water Testing...Where???

Originally Posted by annqldau

Err make G a cuppa with the bore water if he carks it or starts shitting through the eye of a needle [before the 12 pints of Guinness] it may be tainted. If he's ok try it on Jack, then the dog, then yourself good being the top of the food chain isn't it?
Failing that try some of those water testing strips you buy from any of the pump sales places[Grundfos, Davey & Ongar on google]. Of if your feeling flush buy a DIY testing kit and test your own the compact water testing meter is popular.
Google for the cheapest model available.
Old Jun 8th 2006, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by cresta57
Err make G a cuppa with the bore water if he carks it or starts shitting through the eye of a needle [before the 12 pints of Guinness] it may be tainted. If he's ok try it on Jack, then the dog, then yourself good being the top of the food chain isn't it?
Failing that try some of those water testing strips you buy from any of the pump sales places[Grundfos, Davey & Ongar on google]. Of if your feeling flush buy a DIY testing kit and test your own the compact water testing meter is popular.
Google for the cheapest model available.
Cheers matey will have a look...have already tested on dog and it survived, have experienced G shitting through eye of needle before so don't want to go back there again... .
Old Jun 8th 2006, 11:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you in the Brisbane area...

Seen as it is not raining in the correct places and our tanks are slowly going down (or soon to be quickly as have 5 visitors coming).

Where can you get your Bore water tested, has anyone had it done?

If you have was it drinkable and do you drink it?

People with Town Water please ignore this you jammy buggers... but then we can water our gardens but will just die from thirst...
:scared: :scared: :scared: .
The bore water we had was an interesting shade of brown (from the high iron content of the soil). But I'm sure if you ran it through a water filter it would be perfectly drinkable. We used it to fill the pool from time to time, and gawd knows I swallowed enough pool water and was never sick.

So, I'd say, run it thorugh a Brita water filter and drink away

If you get sick... you didn't see me... right.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 8:59 am

Our water runs quite clear and looks drinkable but think i'd like a proper test before I risk it.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Our water runs quite clear and looks drinkable but think i'd like a proper test before I risk it.

Hows it going now Anna, i hope you soon get your water problem sorted out.
I dont understand things like bore holes.
Mandy
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Hows it going now Anna, i hope you soon get your water problem sorted out.
I dont understand things like bore holes.
Mandy
Raining here today so may get some of the tank filled up, problem is it was windy last week so gutters full of leaves so half the bloody rain went over the edge, can't bloody win.

Would still like to know if the bore is drinkable as we use it for garden and clothes at the moment.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Raining here today so may get some of the tank filled up, problem is it was windy last week so gutters full of leaves so half the bloody rain went over the edge, can't bloody win.

Would still like to know if the bore is drinkable as we use it for garden and clothes at the moment.

Thats a shame about having to get it tested. Do you not have a water board like in the UK that can do tests?
Well i hope your water tank gets filled with rain. i had never given that sort of thing a thought.
Its scorching here today. On Sat i took the kids to Seaham to the beach, a bit breezy but they really enjoyed it. Picnic and larking around. It was the warmest weekend we have had for ages.
Mandy
Old Jun 9th 2006, 11:20 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

We got ours tested by Pine Rivers Shire Council - just give them a call (or your local council). It was free of charge.

Ours is good enough to drink. We've never been ill.

Dawn
Old Jun 9th 2006, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by dmf
We got ours tested by Pine Rivers Shire Council - just give them a call (or your local council). It was free of charge.

Ours is good enough to drink. We've never been ill.

Dawn
Cheers matey will ring them... was it just the normal council number or do you have to ask for water department or something?