Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bring Primark to Perth

Wikiposts

Bring Primark to Perth

Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

the derbys will become famous soon enoughthe derbys will become famous soon enough
Default Bring Primark to Perth

Who would like a Primark in Perth? we hope to over in June time and I am really going to miss having my shopping trips to Primark and getting all their bargins.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:34 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bring Primark to Perth

Originally Posted by the derbys
Who would like a Primark in Perth? we hope to over in June time and I am really going to miss having my shopping trips to Primark and getting all their bargins.
GOD!!!

ME, ME, ME, ME AND ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:42 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Primark wasn't around when I left the UK but I have this vision of similarly dressed people around the place which I hate. This is Australia not UK so leave Primark there (sorry Sam babe)
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:53 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, let's open more sweatshops across Asia so we can all have cheap clothes.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:56 am
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

Awws i know where you are coming from. think a certain post has been a bit harsh!!! but Oz isnt the same as back home, it doesnt have fashion like we do and has trends more than anything, so the need for primark for cheaper alternatives to keeping in the style isnt needed as much, youll see what I mean once you get there you'll not even miss it!

Denise
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:01 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Primark wasn't around when I left the UK but I have this vision of similarly dressed people around the place which I hate. This is Australia not UK so leave Primark there (sorry Sam babe)
tis cool Carole

I can wait till i go back to UK in Oct!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:10 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dcampbell
Awws i know where you are coming from. think a certain post has been a bit harsh!!! but Oz isnt the same as back home, it doesnt have fashion like we do and has trends more than anything, so the need for primark for cheaper alternatives to keeping in the style isnt needed as much, youll see what I mean once you get there you'll not even miss it!

Denise
I don't give a sh*t if you think I was harsh. If you want clothes from Primark get them shipped over when you move. I don't want Australia becoming like some high street in the UK. I moved over here to get away from all that cr*p and yet there are an increasing number of people who want to make it like the UK.

Sam - I am considerably more p*ssed than yo!

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 17th 2008 at 3:58 am. Reason: language
Old Feb 15th 2008, 1:24 am
get me to perth

dcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura aboutdcampbell has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by northernbird
I don't give a shit if you think I was harsh. If you want clothes from Primark get them shipped over when you move. I don't want Australia becoming like some high street in the UK. I moved over here to get away from all that crap and yet there are an increasing number of people who want to make it like the UK.

Sam - I am considerably more pissed than yo!
actually I was refering to seasiders remark about sweatshops. I didnt want to offend anyone. And my post mentioned how in oz it is different and they wouldnt miss it which is precisely why I am moving there.

I think you are the one who has been rude here not me.

Denise.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 12:39 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Denise, it's harsh purely because people who want 2 quid skirts don't want to think about the consequences of their shopping.

I'm not having a go at you personally; this is something about which I feel very strongly. I had such a conversation recently with a much younger friend who moved back to Dublin from Singapore and was going "yay, woot, I can get 2 euro bikinis here". She's very clever and educated - has a PhD in fact - but she didn't stop to consider how this could be feasible, so we had a little history lesson.

"I remember clearly my first solo shopping trip. I bought a 7GBP skirt and thought I was the bees knees; it was about 1974. It's now 2008; how much should that skirt cost?"

Her answer was, "But I don't have as much money as you, how am I supposed to buy things?"

My response was that when I was young and single I would buy good things, quality things, not many of them, and take care of them. A 40GBP pair of shoes would last me a year.

I'm far from perfect, and I don't know the origins of everything I buy, but some things are no-brainers. And I honestly don't give a chuff how pompous I sound, if it makes ONE person think about the consequences of buying throwaway clothing made in dubious conditions from the likes of Primark.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:40 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Is there a way of telling which clothes come from sweatshops or not? I often suspect that paying $69 for a top from Meyers or David Jones with a label saying "Made in China" doesn't guarantee that it wasn't made in the same place as a £3.50 top from Primark.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 4:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
Is there a way of telling which clothes come from sweatshops or not? I often suspect that paying $69 for a top from Meyers or David Jones with a label saying "Made in China" doesn't guarantee that it wasn't made in the same place as a £3.50 top from Primark.
It was exposed several years ago and Country Road was one of the culprits of having their $300 (at the time)jackets made for a dollar or two in sweatshops.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Next isn't allowed to trade in OZ, so i doubt you'll get Primark....go to Target, lots of cheap rubbish there
Old Feb 15th 2008, 6:11 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

bl**dy poms,why not bring the whole of the u.k over.....then we can have a good moan about the amount of polish here,,,

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 17th 2008 at 3:59 am. Reason: language
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:31 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
...then we can have a good moan about the amount of polish here,
shoe polish?
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:32 pm
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by renth
shoe polish?
any particular colour of polish?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.