Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bribes paid in immigration scam

Bribes paid in immigration scam

Old Mar 30th 2011, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Bribes paid in immigration scam

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
corruption is rife in India I wouldn't trust any certificate from India / Pakistan

Well said..

One of the best things I have ever read on BE...

PS: Ever tried Yoga.. Do that.. It's very good for body and "Mind"...
Old Mar 30th 2011, 11:01 am
Just Joined

BrisDubBris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
Well said..

Old Mar 30th 2011, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

ronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to allronan_in_Oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BrisDubBris

Do you need Yoga too...
Old Mar 30th 2011, 11:09 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Well said..

so its not rife then mate?

Anyone would be absolutely crazy to believe any certificate or legal document that comes out of those countries. Corruption is endemic and well known which is why they are high risk countries. Of course not everyone is corrupt which is why some people get into Aus but the start off point is that they are. unfortunately. and they need proof to say they are not.

The only way to change the worlds thinking on this is to change the culture and a fat lot of chance of that. In the meantime every doc is scrutinized and rightly so
Old Mar 30th 2011, 11:36 am
Just Joined

Do you need Yoga too...
As I said before, IT certifications taken in India & Pakistan are viewed with great suspicion.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
so its not rife then mate?

Anyone would be absolutely crazy to believe any certificate or legal document that comes out of those countries. Corruption is endemic and well known which is why they are high risk countries. Of course not everyone is corrupt which is why some people get into Aus but the start off point is that they are. unfortunately. and they need proof to say they are not.

The only way to change the worlds thinking on this is to change the culture and a fat lot of chance of that. In the meantime every doc is scrutinized and rightly so

Well said..

I completely agree with you.. My only concern was that please don't generalize..

There are not "some" but a lot of hard working "Honest" people here in Australia from the subcontinent..

Corruption is NOT "Endemic".. The only problem is that Westerners are constantly being fed with crap straight out of CNN and BBC...
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

As I said before, IT certifications taken in India & Pakistan are viewed with great suspicion.

What are you???
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:15 pm
Just Joined

What are you???
I know what I am. what are you?

I do agree with you though about there being a lot of honest hard working people in Aus from the sub continent.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know what I am. what are you?

I do agree with you though about there being a lot of honest hard working people in Aus from the sub continent.

Theres a very very old saying in the subcontinent.. When 2 elders are talking, kids shouldn't interfere.........
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:19 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Well said..

I completely agree with you.. My only concern was that please don't generalize..

There are not "some" but a lot of hard working "Honest" people here in Australia from the subcontinent..

Corruption is NOT "Endemic".. The only problem is that Westerners are constantly being fed with crap straight out of CNN and BBC...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endemic

It's not a generalisation mate. Its well known that some people in these countries will pay to get what they want. Corruption is endemic. You only have to read some of the posts in the immigration forum to see what goes on. It's a disgrace and the corrupt ones spoil it for the one's who are genuine. Trust is something that needs to be gained and this is difficult when there is so much corruption ingrained in the culture.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

Theres a very very old saying in the subcontinent.. When 2 elders are talking, kids shouldn't interfere.........
Which one are you supposed to be?
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Which one are you supposed to be?

Kids are certainly smarter these days...
Old Mar 30th 2011, 12:59 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I feel sorry for the honest ones who almost unavoidably get tarred with the same brush. But from time to time we all suffer the same problem - our honesty being questioned thanks to the dishonesty of a few. That's life, I suppose.
Old Mar 30th 2011, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by paulry
I feel sorry for the honest ones who almost unavoidably get tarred with the same brush. But from time to time we all suffer the same problem - our honesty being questioned thanks to the dishonesty of a few. That's life, I suppose.
agreed mate
Old Mar 30th 2011, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said..

http://www.publicaffairsasia.com/pub...View.do?id=801

India's Prime Minister seems to disagree with. Still, I'm sure you know better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.