Wikiposts

Booked our reccie!

Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:11 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Booked our reccie!

Well, we weren't planning on doing a reccie at all as we fully appreciate that being on holiday somewhere is totally different from living there, but what the hell....

I'm flying out to Brisbane in mid-November, staying with friends in Ipswich (yes I know, but I've stayed there twice before and never had a problem). While I'm there I'm going to have a poke around bayside down to Redland Bay and then North of Brisbane up to Beachlands / Bribie island. I have an offer of a beer and a dive from 232Bar and very excited about that - it's been a long time since I dived in QLD.

If anyone in Brisbane can suggest any non-touristy reccie type things I should be doing I would be most interested.

After 5 days I'm flying to Melbourne, where I've not been before. Staying with thebears (thanks guys - you are soooo welcoming, it will be great to see you again) and meeting up with Mrs Buzzy and the Buzzettes who I will have been missing enourmously as they'll have been in New Zealand for 4 weeks.

Also have an offer of a curry night from Johnsyweb (remember mate - this one's on me!) and I'm hoping to get some diving in too (Hmmm must get in touch with Robert Cowan - seems to be an expert on diving Port Philip Bay).

We're also planning on looking at the areas round the inner Mornington peninsula, and the western region down through Altona, Werribbee, down to Geelong. The Yarra valley and the Dandenong foothills will also get a good investigating.

We'll be spending some time in the CBD and if we get a spare day will drive out to the nearest part of the mountains, although I would rather not do touristy things as we are only going to get 1 shot at a reccie.

Once again, if anyone in Melbourne can suggest any non-touristy reccie type things we should be doing we would be most interested.

My MIL is also meeting us in Melbourne and is going to look after the kids who are a bit young for reccieing (18 months by then!), take them to the zoo etc while we go and look at suburbs and stuff.

All in all, we just want to use this opportunity to see Australia through the eyes of migrants rather than tourists, which is what we were on our previous visits. We are still undecided on Melbourne vs Brisbane, although Melbourne has constantly had the upper hand. Our hope is that our desire to live in Oz is only enhanced!

When we return in December I will of course post a 4 million word report on our thoughts and findings, complete with photos and Ven diagrams.

I'm really looking forward to meeting up with people, learning about their day to day lives, if anyone wishes to take up an offer of a beer while I'm in Brisbane or Melbourne, would love to meet you.

Aaaarggghhh so excited I feel sick!!!

Can't wait!

Buzzy
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Johnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond reputeJohnsyweb has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Booked our reccie!

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Well, we weren't planning on doing a reccie at all as we fully appreciate that being on holiday somewhere is totally different from living there, but what the hell....
Excellent news. It sounds like you have it all planned out.

Also have an offer of a curry night from Johnsyweb (remember mate - this one's on me!)
If that's the case, the s are on me

You're going to have an amazing time. You won't want to get back on the 'plane!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booked our reccie!

Buzzy you are as bad as me, i go in Oct and have been excitingly going through booklets and leaflets trying to work out where we can fit in and what we can get up to.

You will have an amazing time shame our paths wont cross in Melbourne
otherwise we could swap stories.
Mandy
Old Jul 26th 2006, 1:39 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you already lived in Oz!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 7:11 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great Buzzy, let us know how you go on. We are undecided about where to head for so appreciate as much info as poss.

Have a great time

Joex
Old Jul 26th 2006, 9:03 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

I'm flying out to Brisbane in mid-November, staying with friends in Ipswich (yes I know, but I've stayed there twice before and never had a problem). While I'm there I'm going to have a poke around bayside down to Redland Bay and then North of Brisbane up to Beachlands / Bribie island. I have an offer of a beer and a dive from 232Bar and very excited about that - it's been a long time since I dived in QLD.

If anyone in Brisbane can suggest any non-touristy reccie type things I should be doing I would be most interested.

After 5 days I'm flying to Melbourne, where I've not been before. Staying with thebears (thanks guys - you are soooo welcoming, it will be great to see you again) and meeting up with Mrs Buzzy and the Buzzettes who I will have been missing enourmously as they'll have been in New Zealand for 4 weeks.

Also have an offer of a curry night from Johnsyweb (remember mate - this one's on me!) and I'm hoping to get some diving in too (Hmmm must get in touch with Robert Cowan - seems to be an expert on diving Port Philip Bay).

We're also planning on looking at the areas round the inner Mornington peninsula, and the western region down through Altona, Werribbee, down to Geelong. The Yarra valley and the Dandenong foothills will also get a good investigating.

We'll be spending some time in the CBD and if we get a spare day will drive out to the nearest part of the mountains, although I would rather not do touristy things as we are only going to get 1 shot at a reccie.

Once again, if anyone in Melbourne can suggest any non-touristy reccie type things we should be doing we would be most interested.

My MIL is also meeting us in Melbourne and is going to look after the kids who are a bit young for reccieing (18 months by then!), take them to the zoo etc while we go and look at suburbs and stuff.

All in all, we just want to use this opportunity to see Australia through the eyes of migrants rather than tourists, which is what we were on our previous visits. We are still undecided on Melbourne vs Brisbane, although Melbourne has constantly had the upper hand. Our hope is that our desire to live in Oz is only enhanced!

When we return in December I will of course post a 4 million word report on our thoughts and findings, complete with photos and Ven diagrams.

I'm really looking forward to meeting up with people, learning about their day to day lives, if anyone wishes to take up an offer of a beer while I'm in Brisbane or Melbourne, would love to meet you.

Can't wait!

Buzzy
Oh come to Sydney too Buzzy!! You can share in my day to day life too - I've got a stack or ironing starting to pile up already, I'm more than happy to keep it going until November!!

Have a great trip!
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:18 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Buzzy, sent you a PM mate.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 12:56 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

All sounds VERY exciting !!

We are down the road from thebears - their friends, so perhaps we could meet up too ?

I've not got much time right now...got to go to work, but I'll think of some trips for you.....we've been around a lot of Victoria.

You're going to love it !!

Cas
Old Jul 26th 2006, 2:15 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CasG
All sounds VERY exciting !!

We are down the road from thebears - their friends, so perhaps we could meet up too ?

I've not got much time right now...got to go to work, but I'll think of some trips for you.....we've been around a lot of Victoria.

You're going to love it !!

Cas
How do you know they'll love it?
Old Jul 26th 2006, 5:03 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone! Fraser and Caroline - definitely will catch up, looking forward to it! I'm trying to find some accommodation for my MIL in or close to Malvern as she's going to help with the kids while we're tripping round.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The closer to Malvern the better.

Thanks very much

Buzzy
Old Jul 26th 2006, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
How do you know they'll love it?
Because I'm psychotic
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

HI Buzzy

Give us a shout when you are over and I will show you the delights of The Royal Hotel, Mornington on a Friday night if you fancy a beer or three.

John

Last edited by jond; Jul 26th 2006 at 10:31 pm.
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:45 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Originally Posted by jond
HI Buzzy

Give us a shout when you are over and I will show you the delights of The Royal Hotel, Mornington on a Friday night if you fancy a beer or three.

John
Hi John

PMd you mate.

Buzzy
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Can't wait!

Buzzy
sent you a pm

Rob