Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bono busking - Christmas eve, Grafton st. Dublin

Wikiposts

Bono busking - Christmas eve, Grafton st. Dublin

Old Dec 26th 2009, 11:39 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bono busking - Christmas eve, Grafton st. Dublin

Originally Posted by kporte
It's an oldie but if God existed, would the world be so ill divided? Man has done that, not God.
Only because he disnae exist ffs
Old Dec 27th 2009, 12:18 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Only because he disnae exist ffs
Created by man to subjugate the plebes. I realised that when I visited the Cathedral in Albi.... Massive fresco showing paradise above a line and a very scary hell below it. Must have scared folk into belief. The church folk were learned men and the common folk couldn't even read. Taking candy from a baby........
Old Dec 27th 2009, 1:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I avoided reading this thread at first in case it was full of adoring posts that would make me feel ill. How glad I am to find I was mistaken. Annoying, tax-avoiding, sanctimonious, "do as I say not as I do" twerp. There are few people I would like to smack in the gob but he is one of them.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 4:03 am
The Stars are Underground

Beachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to all

..............and a good spirited thread yet again gets submarined.

Bono is one of those guys that creates such debate.....which always ends in divide. There are lots of business people who donate for generousity,for tax reasons, and some who do nothing but sit on their ass.
It seems no one likes a preacher......well thats if it involves Bono, how do ye feel about the Pope then?? he is a preacher...........sitting on wealth that could wipe out third world debt, I will stop there I think
Old Dec 27th 2009, 4:07 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachband

Bono is one of those guys that creates such debate.....which always ends in divide. There are lots of business people who donate for generousity,for tax reasons, and some who do nothing but sit on their ass.
It seems no one likes a preacher......well thats if it involves Bono, how do ye feel about the Pope then?? he is a preacher...........sitting on wealth that could wipe out third world debt, I will stop there I think
They are both wankers ones a Nazi wanker
Old Dec 27th 2009, 12:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The majority of wealthy people who donate time and money to charitable causes do it quietly, not spout their sanctimoneous bullshit. Bill and Melinda Gates for instance donate millions of dollars every year to charity - how often do you see him interrupt a business meeting to spout off about it?

I stand by my original post. Bono is a nob. Oh, and don't get me started on organised religion.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 1:17 pm

Beachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to allBeachband is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The majority of wealthy people who donate time and money to charitable causes do it quietly, not spout their sanctimoneous bullshit. Bill and Melinda Gates for instance donate millions of dollars every year to charity - how often do you see him interrupt a business meeting to spout off about it?

I stand by my original post. Bono is a nob. Oh, and don't get me started on organised religion.
I think Bono has become more subtle(for the time being anyway) like his wife, he isn't all over this climate change shite at least.
He has come a long way from the north side of Dublin to those early days of relentless travelling around Ireland in a clapped out van playing every toilet gig in the country, to borrowing 500 pounds from his parents to carry on pursuing his dream.

As for Bill Gates.....he does donate shit loads of money, what about that business he owns though??? The biggest monopilized software version of the mafia, thank god he got pulled up that time, otherwise we would all be walking around with microsoft t shirts now and calling our future kids after windows apps.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 1:32 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I think Bono has become more subtle(for the time being anyway) like his wife, he isn't all over this climate change shite at least.
He has come a long way from the north side of Dublin to those early days of relentless travelling around Ireland in a clapped out van playing every toilet gig in the country, to borrowing 500 pounds from his parents to carry on pursuing his dream.

As for Bill Gates.....he does donate shit loads of money, what about that business he owns though??? The biggest monopilized software version of the mafia, thank god he got pulled up that time, otherwise we would all be walking around with microsoft t shirts now and calling our future kids after windows apps.
I only used Bill and Melinda Gates because I admire their genuine efforts. They not only donate millions of dollars, they spend their time in the world's poorest areas actually helping the less fortunate, not blathering on about it.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 1:37 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

The biggest monopilized software version of the mafia, thank god he got pulled up that time, otherwise we would all be walking around with microsoft t shirts now and calling our future kids after windows apps.
You know I was only saying the same thing to my son, XP, the other day. "XP" I said, "if it wasn't for that b'stard Gates, you would have had a sensible name... like Linux"
Old Dec 27th 2009, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You know I was only saying the same thing to my son, XP, the other day. "XP" I said, "if it wasn't for that b'stard Gates, you would have had a sensible name... like Linux"
Mate thats a good one, made the Beachband laugh
Old Dec 27th 2009, 2:00 pm

I only used Bill and Melinda Gates because I admire their genuine efforts. They not only donate millions of dollars, they spend their time in the world's poorest areas actually helping the less fortunate, not blathering on about it.
Bono has without doubt got on so many many many many peoples nerves over the years. He has over the years though spent time in various impoverished areas of our planet. I guess maybe he is just one of those charactors who, given the chance has alot of attitude and righteousness to what he believes in, and lets it be known, after all he is Irish for **** sake.

I started this thread mainly for the Glen Hansard part, he likewise, for a long time, never had that much time for Bono(Bono would kind of limit himself from showing an interest in the growing local Irish rock scene).
But through success comes an opening to other successful possible friends, anyway the short story is....Glen was doing this busking for xmas eve, put the call out to Bono, Bono shows up....money raised for a good cause, so all in all it made allot of people happy who got to see this busking, and importantly it made a few bob for charity.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 10:47 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

ahhhh all this jealously makes me giggle
Old Dec 27th 2009, 11:39 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No. The kind of nob that makes me want to punch him in his stupid smug face. And what's with the ****ing sunglasses? Take off the ****ing sunglasses unless you're Stevie ****ing Wonder or Ray ****ing Charles!
Originally Posted by kporte
The difference between Bono and God is, God doesn't go around thinking he's Bono!
And so say all of us. As for the jealousy crack - if I ever had the chance to meet the dick, let alone be him for a day, I'd manage to afford a flight a long long way in the opposite direction.

He's a ****** . End of.
Old Dec 27th 2009, 11:54 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

I took an overdose a couple of weeks ago.
Immodium!
Not been able to shite since.
In fact, I'm so full of shit now......I'm beginning to sound like Bono.
Old Dec 28th 2009, 12:33 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
And so say all of us. As for the jealousy crack - if I ever had the chance to meet the dick, let alone be him for a day, I'd manage to afford a flight a long long way in the opposite direction.

He's a ****** . End of.
jealous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.