Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

body mass index......

Wikiposts

body mass index......

Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: body mass index......

Originally Posted by travelbug
if you dont mind me asking - because your BMI's were over 40 - did you get referred for extra tests? or was your panel doc happy with the blood tests etc they do anyway?
Dont mind you asking at all. I remember how sh*t scared i was about failing the medicals! No extra blood tests or anything, just the medical. But the doctor did remark on how he was impressed that my blood pressure was exactly right, he even took it twice to be sure! No other complications so all was well.

And my BMI is not high because MY muscles weigh more than my fat, its more cos im fat and love food!

Lisa.xx
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:39 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sasbear
Here is me and my gran when I was 'obese' BMI of 30

PS I am the 'younger one'

Dreadful....

Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Dreadful....

.... but true!

I'm a realist!

no point sugar coating things... hold on, yes there is they would taste delicious!
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:43 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry - meant Sas's post, but dreadful to you too...

I love food too... Why not...Food is a pleasure.
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by iPom
Sorry - meant Sas's post, but dreadful to you too...

I love food too... Why not...Food is a pleasure.
hehe! oh well, its hard to believe she is obese in that pic, as you say dreadful!
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
hehe! oh well, its hard to believe she is obese in that pic, as you say dreadful!
True tho according to the BMI (Bloody minded idiots)

I was just on 80 kilos there - and size 14/16
Old Feb 19th 2007, 9:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
Dont mind you asking at all. I remember how sh*t scared i was about failing the medicals! No extra blood tests or anything, just the medical. But the doctor did remark on how he was impressed that my blood pressure was exactly right, he even took it twice to be sure! No other complications so all was well.

And my BMI is not high because MY muscles weigh more than my fat, its more cos im fat and love food!

Lisa.xx
You must have the same problem as me then, i LOVE my food too! I do eat healthily 98% of the time - just too much of everything!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 6:21 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i cooked pancakes full of syrup,chocolate and icecream for my kids tonight and did not even lick it off my fingers..jeeezzz

one way to lose weight is to book your medical,,,20lbs to go..

ast
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

You're doing the same as me then! Our meds are booked for the 14th March - i need to lose another 7lb or so i reckon so that i'm below the BMI 40 threshold....... is that what you're aiming for?
My partner is slim but he's worried about his blood pressure. I keep saying that i'm worrying about my weight - him about his BP and knowing our luck we'll fail on something completely different!!!!
Well done for resisting the pancakes - not sure i'd have had the willpower if it'd been me! Oh well, salad, fruit & veggies tomorrow......good job i like em!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by travelbug
You must have the same problem as me then, i LOVE my food too! I do eat healthily 98% of the time - just too much of everything!
EXACTLY! mmmmm food!
Old Feb 24th 2007, 8:25 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

no so good this week folks,,only 8 pounds...

ast..

14lbs to go........

thats 21lbs in 2weeks....

Last edited by aston man; Feb 24th 2007 at 8:49 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 9:52 pm
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by aston man
no so good this week folks,,only 8 pounds...

ast..

14lbs to go........

thats 21lbs in 2weeks....
You lost 8 pounds in a week? Thats bleedin great mate.

If your anything like me keeping it off will be the challenge.

It is about making a lifestyle change and I don't know if I can let the beer go.
Old Feb 24th 2007, 10:13 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Fat Bloke
You lost 8 pounds in a week? Thats bleedin great mate.

If your anything like me keeping it off will be the challenge.

It is about making a lifestyle change and I don't know if I can let the beer go.
i'm the same mate,i have lost 21lbs in two week and when i get to my desired weight i will go on a proper diet and exercise routine,,

but like you i like all the nice things,beer,food,,,,oooooohhhh.

there eating bacon as i am writing this,,jeez
Old Feb 25th 2007, 1:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I had an exam on the weekend, and as a reward, yesterday ate 9 HALFPRICE Krispy Kreme dougnuts (my wife was entitled to 6 but she never keeps up). I also went for a run, and did some whippersnippering.

Got up this morning, feeling great and toned all over - can still count the individual muscles in my triceps and thighs.

Plenty of Exercise = eat what you like.