Wikiposts

BOAT FOR SALE

Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:43 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute
Wink BOAT FOR SALE

Oh my god.....

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.as...ontentID=34570
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:48 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BOAT FOR SALE

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
shit myself then, thought something had happened to you two and you had to sell the boat.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

flowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to allflowergal is a name known to all

:curse: saw this on the news last night, OMG there really are sharks out there !! Have only been here 6 weeks, that s the 1st negative !!!

Amanda
Old Jul 16th 2007, 2:55 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
shit myself then, thought something had happened to you two and you had to sell the boat.
Maryann saw it on the news last night and promptly said she was NEVER going on the boat again
Old Jul 16th 2007, 3:23 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I heard the man phone up 6PR to tell them all about it- a lovely Irish man with a fab accent and a way with words that only the Irish have !
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:30 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

And me I know the wink was there but even so, talk about heart sink to the boots
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:35 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

How do you think I felt then?!?!?!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:40 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
How do you think I felt then?!?!?!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

love the quote
'people should not be alarmed'.........likey.
In the same way you're meant to stay calm if you get bitten by a snake to stop the venom pumping round - no chance, I'd be palpitating
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:10 pm
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see one........... from afar.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:37 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Old Jul 16th 2007, 11:39 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sme
I heard the man phone up 6PR to tell them all about it- a lovely Irish man with a fab accent and a way with words that only the Irish have !
So being a pikey, did he find anything on the shark to steal?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:55 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

True story in the Newcastle, NSW area:

About 6-7 years ago a guy my brother used to go fishing with had lost all interest in fishing - he had a nice big boat and was out on the water most weekends then all of a sudden lost interest.

About 12 months later he sold the boat and when my brother asked why he said that he was out fishing with his wife and saw a shark longer than the boat and he was too scared to go out again but (being a bloke) didn't want to tell anyone his fears!

When he told me about it I remember thinking it must have been one monster chopper - cause the boat was 18 feet long!!

In another interesting story I used to be a lifeguard on the central coast - one day a hammerhead surfaced BETWEEN the swimmers and the sand - we sounded the shark alarm but obviously everyone was too scared to swim back towards the shore having just seen a ten foot bitey there! Funniest thing I have ever seen with 200 people all trying to climb on top of each other to get as far out of the water as possible!

A
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:26 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
True story in the Newcastle, NSW area:

About 6-7 years ago a guy my brother used to go fishing with had lost all interest in fishing - he had a nice big boat and was out on the water most weekends then all of a sudden lost interest.

About 12 months later he sold the boat and when my brother asked why he said that he was out fishing with his wife and saw a shark longer than the boat and he was too scared to go out again but (being a bloke) didn't want to tell anyone his fears!

When he told me about it I remember thinking it must have been one monster chopper - cause the boat was 18 feet long!!

In another interesting story I used to be a lifeguard on the central coast - one day a hammerhead surfaced BETWEEN the swimmers and the sand - we sounded the shark alarm but obviously everyone was too scared to swim back towards the shore having just seen a ten foot bitey there! Funniest thing I have ever seen with 200 people all trying to climb on top of each other to get as far out of the water as possible!

A

I wish Id never watched Jaws as a child, Im scarred for life, and now this, well, only paddling for me in oz!!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:36 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penky

I wish Id never watched Jaws as a child, Im scarred for life, and now this, well, only paddling for me in oz!!
Nah, don't be silly!

Where I used to live we used to see them all the time - usually only little ones (up to about 4-5 feet) but every now and then you'd swim past something resembling a small submarine! My mates actually go looking for them (they are keen divers) they have some great photos of dives with Grey Nurse's (known to be pretty dopey etc)

As an Australian, growing up you were always told this - sharks attack fast and usually from below - so if you can SEE the shark its usually NOT going to come near you! So if you can see them you're OK!

Sounds good in theory.......!!

Sharks are actually much prevalent than you might expext - if you ever get out in a light plane or helicopter over the water you'll see them regularly. But shark attacks are very very rare - there was only something like 7 in Australia last year! And there is (on average) less than one death per year! Most attacks are little sharks grap[ping people in murky (usually shallow) water and only result in a few stitches.

There has not been a fatal shark attack on Sydney beaches for decades!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.