Reload this Page >

Boat people pour in.

Wikiposts

Boat people pour in.

Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:29 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Boat people pour in.

Originally Posted by mohogony
l wonder if any would even come to AUstralia if we had no welfare system.
That is an interesting question.

Most come via Indonesia, who do NOT have a welfare system. Hence they keep going... until they get to a country that does.

You can't blame them for trying. It is human nature to want the best one can get.

Old Apr 9th 2010, 4:04 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That is an interesting question.

You can't blame them for trying. It is human nature to want the best one can get.
and we are the ones that have to pay for it. l wonder how many new hospitals or cancer treatment centers could have been built with the money these free loaders have cost us. One guy had $100,000 he spent on people smugglers but we still have to pay all his accomodation costs,his probably got another $100 grand hidden somewhere, his probably down at the local centelink by now

Last edited by mohogony; Apr 9th 2010 at 4:17 pm.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

Why don't they stop off and stay in ,Bharain?
Southern Philippines?,Malaysia,Indonesia etc etc with their populist Muslim welcome?
Been to Footscray lately,or any other zero crime,impecably clean,no drug issues,community pride,overabundance of police etc suburb lately-also ENGLISH is a common language with beautiful hardworking locals?
No,funny enough either can I.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:24 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boots
Why don't they stop off and stay in ,Bharain?
Southern Philippines?,Malaysia,Indonesia etc etc with their populist Muslim welcome?
Been to Footscray lately,or any other zero crime,impecably clean,no drug issues,community pride,overabundance of police etc suburb lately-also ENGLISH is a common language with beautiful hardworking locals?
No,funny enough either can I.
I take it geography was not your forte at school?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

boots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud ofboots has much to be proud of

Duurrrr,me dum ozzee
geeogrfie on da world?
Da muslim nations dat dem peeples went past to get two orstraya?
Only 1 or 2 and y want they accept their Islamic brothers?
maybe more,but i too shtupid.
Wish i was as edumacted as yeerseelf.
Maybe,i been to some places udder than orstraya and bali?
u smarta den me,yuu explain the trip from central asia and asia that bypasses nations that are Islamic States?
i is a rednek.
i neva expeerenced terruism or thurld woorl natuns like you have.
u is a championion.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:07 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boots
Duurrrr,me dum ozzee
geeogrfie on da world?
Da muslim nations dat dem peeples went past to get two orstraya?
Only 1 or 2 and y want they accept their Islamic brothers?
maybe more,but i too shtupid.
Wish i was as edumacted as yeerseelf.
Maybe,i been to some places udder than orstraya and bali?
u smarta den me,yuu explain the trip from central asia and asia that bypasses nations that are Islamic States?
i is a rednek.
i neva expeerenced terruism or thurld woorl natuns like you have.
u is a championion.
So exactly which asylum seekers would be passing Bahrain on their way to Australia then?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:20 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I take it geography was not your forte at school?
Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
So exactly which asylum seekers would be passing Bahrain on their way to Australia then?
How about Iraqi's.... or is geography not your strongpoint either?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 6:55 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
How about Iraqi's....
fair point
Old Apr 11th 2010, 10:24 am
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

A new flotilla of boat people bound for OZ,
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/n...-1225852467709
Old Apr 11th 2010, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

deerhunter74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Woodcutter
If we are talking about illegal immigrants (the proper terminology is unlawful non-citizen) the issue is not the boat people. Current Australian Government estimates are that there are approximately 46,000 unlawful non-citizens in Australia, of which 26,200 have remained in the country unlawfully for more than 5 years. The largest groups of unlawful non-citizens in Australia come from the United Kingdom and the USA.
how did you gather this information
Old Apr 12th 2010, 1:36 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by deerhunter74
how did you gather this information
Tony Burke MP Federal Member for Watson
http://www.tonyburke.com.au/file.php...HWK/index.html

We believe there are 46,000 visa overstayers.’ In the Senate I think that comment was put as, ‘The government’s current estimate is that there are around 46,000 visa overstayers in Australia.’
We have a genuine public policy concern here. When people ask me how big the problem is I say that I do not know and the government does not know. The government does not even know—I am back to where I started in this debate—how many people are here as visa overstayers. It reckons it is 46,000, and it reckons 26,000 of them have now been in Australia unlawfully for more than five years. There may be various reasons why it has not found them and deported them—I imagine there are 46,000 reasons why it has not done that—but we have a situation where the status quo is unacceptable.
This has now become 46,000 'unlawful non-citizens' in Australia. But this parliamentary speech was made in 2006. Four years ago.

Whether these all claim regular Centrelink benefits is another matter.