Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Boat people pour in.

Wikiposts

Boat people pour in.

Old Apr 8th 2010, 2:42 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boat people pour in.

Bloody boat people, I couldn't get down Adelaide Street this morning for all the boat people ... they insist on bringing the boats too, have you noticed that?

I mean, the pavements barely cope with the pedestrians and the Lyrca Louts without adding a nautical element to proceedings.

If they like their boats so much then why don't they confine them to the environment to which they were designed to function?

If I get cut up by another freaking dingy then I'll rip 'em a new porthole.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 4:07 pm
Recession Surfing 2006 ->

Zambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond reputeZambia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...bids-suspended

Looks like boat people will be shipped out again just as fast.
Must be an election coming.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by canadaeh
A real refugee is someone climbing through barb wire escaping from Zimbabwe into South Africa for a better life. THAT is a genuine refugee.
Through a barb wire fence into the Kruger National Park, an area the size of Wales, to waiting man eaters and finally, should they make it that far - into a country of 50million people - many of whom don't take to kindly having to compete with someone for work especially if that someone is willing to work for half the wages just to get the chance to earn anything at all to send back to their families. It's not uncommon to hear of people from other countries usually Zim, Malawi, Mozambique being thrown from trains purely because their skin tone gives away where they are from.

The other side of the coin, is a white South African guy who was granted asylum in Canada for racial discrimination - he had been stabbed six times (I think) because he must have looked like was worth robbing (being white) - much to the S.African govts chagrin
Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:33 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/...bids-suspended

Looks like boat people will be shipped out again just as fast.
Nope, just an extra few months on Christmas Island, or Villawood, or ???, before being let in a bit later on.

Old Apr 8th 2010, 9:45 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Nope, just an extra few months on Christmas Island, or Villawood, or ???, before being let in a bit later on.
Exactly, however the public is supposed to believe what creature said is actually the case - pure electioneering.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I was just saying to that Pauline Hanson woman the other day about all these bloody boat people.

But then she said she had to go get a flight to the UK, and you're all stuffed

JTL
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:28 am
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

It seems we have very polarised opinion about refugees.

A$350 million to keep them on Chrismas Island etc but nobody seems bothered how much they generate to the comunity when they get here. Does anyone have any figures about how much tax revenue is raised by these new workers?

I'll bet they contribute, as a group, a lot more than it cost for them to be kept here.

Keel
Old Apr 9th 2010, 1:41 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keel

A$350 million to keep them on Chrismas Island etc but nobody seems bothered how much they generate to the comunity when they get here. Does anyone have any figures about how much tax revenue is raised by these new workers?

I'll bet they contribute, as a group, a lot more than it cost for them to be kept here.

Keel
Especially if they speak English and have the skills required to get jobs and be self sufficient.

Given the difficulty for English speaking skilled migrants to find work, I wouldn't count on it.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Bazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the illegal immigration issue is probably the best example of how naive and incompetent this Labor government is - followed closely by their farcical insulation scheme.

Why did Howard create the Pacific solution? A method that not only eased the strain on Christmas Island, but also created jobs and generated copious wealth for independent island nations.

Rudd is an experienced diplomat, and hence a good front man. But that's all he is. Scratch the surface and look what's behind him. We were warned before the election, 70% of his cabinet are ex radical union activists - look at Garrett, and the left wing clown that's replaced him.

The sooner this country returns to Liberal policy the better. God willing, our wait won't be too long.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:13 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Keel
Open door policy then?. Let everybody and anybody come because they will "contribute"?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Keel
I doubt that very much, most live on Centrelink payments.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:41 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Especially if they speak English and have the skills required to get jobs and be self sufficient.

Given the difficulty for English speaking skilled migrants to find work, I wouldn't count on it.
The only English they speak is "I am wanting please Centrelink"
Old Apr 9th 2010, 9:58 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Bloody boat people, I couldn't get down Adelaide Street this morning for all the boat people ... they insist on bringing the boats too, have you noticed that?

I mean, the pavements barely cope with the pedestrians and the Lyrca Louts without adding a nautical element to proceedings.

If they like their boats so much then why don't they confine them to the environment to which they were designed to function?

If I get cut up by another freaking dingy then I'll rip 'em a new porthole.
Jeez that's a real pain. How can one drive a car down the pavement with all those boats blocking the way? It's not like they pay rego. The police should get rid of them immediately rather than picking on innocent motorists.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 10:36 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Jeez that's a real pain. How can one drive a car down the pavement with all those boats blocking the way? It's not like they pay rego. The police should get rid of them immediately rather than picking on innocent motorists.
They are a scorge, wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
Old Apr 9th 2010, 10:47 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim
They are a scorge, wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.
Not someone you want to bring along to a night out with the buoys

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.