Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bloody Visiting Rellies

Wikiposts

Bloody Visiting Rellies

Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:36 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bloody Visiting Rellies

Haven’t really got the time to explain but like Madsad the novelty of friends and family coming out soon wears off.

The Sister-in-law and boyfriend have come out for a while, but within a few days of being at our place have decided to split up.

He’s going back to UK coz he’s homesick. He’s been away 3 weeks and is only away for 3 months altogether. She’s going backpacking on her own – she’s 21 so the Mrs (her sister) tried to tell her it’s not safe so be careful and received a mouthful from her for her efforts. Sooner they bugger off the better.

Last edited by diddy; Feb 8th 2006 at 5:57 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:44 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody Visiting Rellies

Originally Posted by diddy
Haven’t really got the time to explain but like Madsad the novelty of friends and family coming out soon wears off.

The Sister-in-law and boyfriend have come out for a while, but within a few days of being at our place have decided to split up.

He’s going back to UK coz he’s homesichk. He’s been away 3 weeks and is only away for 3 months altogether. She’s going backpacking on her own – she’s 21 so the Mrs (her sister) tried to tell her it’s not safe so be careful and received a mouthful from her for her efforts. Sooner they bugger off the better.
we've had visitors on (mostly on) and off for nearly 3 months, nice to have them but nicer to see them go.

costs a bloody fortune too as you do things you normally wouldn't do ie eat out nearly every night..
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:57 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

He’s going back to UK coz he’s homesichk. He’s been away 3 weeks and is only away for 3 months altogether. She’s going backpacking on her own – she’s 21 so the Mrs (her sister) tried to tell her it’s not safe so be careful and received a mouthful from her for her efforts. Sooner they bugger off the better.

Oh dear Its horrible being stuck in the middle of it all!

To come all this way & decide to separate thats just awful any chance it could just be one of those arguements where they kiss & make up eventually?
The sister should be heeding your wifes advice,not throwing it back in her face,Going backpacking with that kind of immature attitude is just asking for trouble,i hope for her sake she makes it back home safely,least she's been warned.

Goodluck guys x

Donna.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:59 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Oh dear Its horrible being stuck in the middle of it all!

To come all this way & decide to separate thats just awful any chance it could just be one of those arguements where they kiss & make up eventually?
The sister should be heeding your wifes advice,not throwing it back in her face,Going backpacking with that kind of immature attitude is just asking for trouble,i hope for her sake she makes it back home safely,least she's been warned.

Goodluck guys x

Donna.
Do you think we're overstating it saying it's not safe for a 21 year old girl to do it on her own or should we just let her get on with it given the attitude?
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:13 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you think we're overstating it saying it's not safe for a 21 year old girl to do it on her own or should we just let her get on with it given the attitude?
loads of kids doing it on their own, they soon meet up with other people and form a group, especially in areas where there are loads of backpackers. That's not saying that she doesn't have to be careful, because she does but that is nothing to do with age, just being a woman and travelling on her own. I am sure that she is fully aware of the perils of date rape drugs etc etc, probably even more so than most of us who are over 30!

Let her get on with it and if she can't cope then she will soon be back with her tail between her legs!!!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

We have a plan for any quests who play up the OZ EXPERIENCE BUS, the prices are really cheap, we play up what a wonderful time they will have stick them on the phone, the sales people are very pursusive usually irish or something. Before you know it your waving them off on a big green bus one way is best.

Wouldnt let her backpack tho if it involves hitching rides, tell her how many missing women (and men) there are :scared: no definately the bus.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:20 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

No,i dont think you are overstating it,her saftey here is the main concern.You can only forewarn her of the dangers & cant physically stop her from going backpacking on her own regardless.
Say your piece & make it clear you are only worried about her.

Donna.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

If it were my sister I would not like her backpacking by herself. I would try and have aother chat with her, saying you are concerned and if she insists on going make sure she has a mobile phone and keeps in touch, letting you know where she is and where she is staying.

Katie
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KatieStar
If it were my sister I would not like her backpacking by herself. I would try and have aother chat with her, saying you are concerned and if she insists on going make sure she has a mobile phone and keeps in touch, letting you know where she is and where she is staying.

Katie
shes being very irrational and just plain naieve if she really thinks she can backpack alone at 21! My sister and I were 24 and 26 and still didn't feel safe (even tho my sis is a true RAF gal who plays rugby etc etc)! We were prepared tho, we had a weapon for every occasion and we perfected giving people the "evils"! Wonder why we didn't get chatted up?
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:15 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

He’s going back to UK coz he’s homesick. He’s been away 3 weeks and is only away for 3 months altogether. She’s going backpacking on her own – she’s 21 so the Mrs (her sister) tried to tell her it’s not safe so be careful and received a mouthful from her for her efforts. Sooner they bugger off the better.
sorry to hear that. my lot were magic. i just wish they could have stayed longer. but they are planning a return in about 3 year and this time it will be longer.....cant wait
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

mother in law is coming to stay next week for a week. she hasn't spoken to me since last October when we told her we were going to emigrate (all my fault taking her daughter and grand children away etc,etc). just brought an Australian rugby shirt, which i will wear throughout her stay, just to p**s her off
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by don544
mother in law is coming to stay next week for a week. she hasn't spoken to me since last October when we told her we were going to emigrate (all my fault taking her daughter and grand children away etc,etc). just brought an Australian rugby shirt, which i will wear throughout her stay, just to p**s her off

Hehe, my hubby has a Oz rugby shirt, he wears it for work every day
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:52 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by don544
adopt the auzzie accent while shes here, that should do the trick
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:53 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Oh no what a nightmare!!! Poor you!!

If she is street wise and sensible she'll be fine. She is 21 after all! I did a lot of travelling over here on my own...it's great!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 10:56 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by glittababe
shes being very irrational and just plain naieve if she really thinks she can backpack alone at 21! My sister and I were 24 and 26 and still didn't feel safe (even tho my sis is a true RAF gal who plays rugby etc etc)! We were prepared tho, we had a weapon for every occasion and we perfected giving people the "evils"! Wonder why we didn't get chatted up?
Really?? wow that's surprised me. I did quite a lot of lone backpacking and thought it was great. Didn't have to babysit anyone, could do what I liked when I liked and met great new friends along the way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.