Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bloody trains grrrrr

Bloody trains grrrrr

Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:38 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bloody trains grrrrr

I've always had good things to say for the public transport here. Sure the trains get crowded in rush hour but whenever I've needed on, it has arrived pretty much on time and got me to where I need to be.

Tonight we had our works crimbo do and we were getting the train out there. We rushed to the station to get there in time for the 1807 and bought our tickets. As we're stood waiting, an announcement comes over the PA: "The Bowen Hills train ...... has been cancelled". That's it. no explanation, nothing. Grrrr. So we go home and figure out what to do. We could wait for the next train but that will make us late, I check the buses but the next one is in 2 hours time, a taxi would be very costly. So we got in the car and I drove. We decided to park near the place and we would go back for it in the morning.

We have our meal and whatnot, I had a few beers and generally had a good night. As we're heading out of the place, one of the guys offers us a lift to Roma St to save us having to change trains etc. We get there and go to our platform waiting for a ride home. "The Cleveland train ...... has been cancelled". WTF??? :curse: Twice in a bloody night? So we go out and look for either a bus or a taxi. The next bus going our way isn't for ages and well, good luck flagging down a cab at that time of a Saturday night. Se we head back in to Roma St and decide to get the next train back to Auchenflower (where the car is) and drive home. Luckily I only had a few beers over the course of the night and after all the walking and waiting, am easily OK to drive.

So we got out and back OK no thanks to QR. While we were on the platform at Roma St, we heard announcements for several other trains cancelled too. I spoke to the geezer and he tells me that plenty of trains have ben cancelled the last few nights and all they've been told is that it's for "operational reasons". Grrrr. And I've got 2 tickets in my wallet that I didn't really get any use out of. I shall be sending them to QR for a refund.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:41 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody trains grrrrr

Originally Posted by wmoore
I've always had good things to say for the public transport here. Sure the trains get crowded in rush hour but whenever I've needed on, it has arrived pretty much on time and got me to where I need to be.

Tonight we had our works crimbo do and we were getting the train out there. We rushed to the station to get there in time for the 1807 and bought our tickets. As we're stood waiting, an announcement comes over the PA: "The Bowen Hills train ...... has been cancelled". That's it. no explanation, nothing. Grrrr. So we go home and figure out what to do. We could wait for the next train but that will make us late, I check the buses but the next one is in 2 hours time, a taxi would be very costly. So we got in the car and I drove. We decided to park near the place and we would go back for it in the morning.

We have our meal and whatnot, I had a few beers and generally had a good night. As we're heading out of the place, one of the guys offers us a lift to Roma St to save us having to change trains etc. We get there and go to our platform waiting for a ride home. "The Cleveland train ...... has been cancelled". WTF??? :curse: Twice in a bloody night? So we go out and look for either a bus or a taxi. The next bus going our way isn't for ages and well, good luck flagging down a cab at that time of a Saturday night. Se we head back in to Roma St and decide to get the next train back to Auchenflower (where the car is) and drive home. Luckily I only had a few beers over the course of the night and after all the walking and waiting, am easily OK to drive.

So we got out and back OK no thanks to QR. While we were on the platform at Roma St, we heard announcements for several other trains cancelled too. I spoke to the geezer and he tells me that plenty of trains have ben cancelled the last few nights and all they've been told is that it's for "operational reasons". Grrrr. And I've got 2 tickets in my wallet that I didn't really get any use out of. I shall be sending them to QR for a refund.
and a merry christmas and happy new year
Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:44 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
and a merry christmas and happy new year

Why thank you. And the same to you
Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:45 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Why thank you. And the same to you
thank you too
the next 400 times you get a train it will all work out well....
Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:47 am
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by why
thank you too
the next 400 times you get a train it will all work out well....
No doubt. Like I said at the start of my rant I've never really had a problem with them. But to get 'stuck' on the way out and on the way back........ We live right near the train line too and since getting home it looks like 3 of the last 4 trains tonight were cancelled.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 2:54 am
why
BE Forum Addict

No doubt. Like I said at the start of my rant I've never really had a problem with them. But to get 'stuck' on the way out and on the way back........ We live right near the train line too and since getting home it looks like 3 of the last 4 trains tonight were cancelled.
it's good to let it all out.....

at least that is just a little worry
Old Dec 15th 2007, 4:14 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

OMG I can just hear V.....Waaayyynnneee a dont do waallkinnn !!!!!!!!!!!

How are your ears lol
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:14 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by biggy
OMG I can just hear V.....Waaayyynnneee a dont do waallkinnn !!!!!!!!!!!

How are your ears lol
Actually it was a pleasant walk anyway
Old Dec 15th 2007, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

I drive everywhere, saves time...there was a booze bus on my way home last night and i so wanted them to test me, but they told me to drive on...never been breathalised yet!!

Caught the train only twice since i have lived here. Don't know why i don't like them.
Old Dec 15th 2007, 10:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The trains here are great when they are al running - but one cancellation, and the whole thing goes to pot.

Good luck asking for a refund
Old Dec 16th 2007, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

But did the train tickets cost £118???

1 hr train journey to london is £118 no stops nothing... or for £27 we can go for just 4 1/2 hours before we must return or pay the difference!
Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:08 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by homewardbound
But did the train tickets cost £118???

1 hr train journey to london is £118 no stops nothing... or for £27 we can go for just 4 1/2 hours before we must return or pay the difference!
Yeah you got me there. $4.80 for an all-day ticket doesn't really compare does it?
Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:14 pm
Just Joined

Laura_Elisabeth will become famous soon enoughLaura_Elisabeth will become famous soon enough

My mum lives right by the train station in Burpengary...

She told me that there had been no trains, she enjoyed the peace and quiet.

x x x x
Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:20 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by Laura_Elisabeth
My mum lives right by the train station in Burpengary...

She told me that there had been no trains, she enjoyed the peace and quiet.

x x x x
Hehe the upside of rail delays huh?
Old Dec 16th 2007, 10:30 pm
Just Joined

Laura_Elisabeth will become famous soon enoughLaura_Elisabeth will become famous soon enough

Hehe the upside of rail delays huh?
Absolutely.