Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

bloody removal company

bloody removal company

Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

lee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the roughlee10ann is a jewel in the rough
Default bloody removal company

Hi

Been here now for two weeks and fingers crossed every thing is going well, hired a car to get around coz we had to find a house to rent and a school to find. we travelled everywere and decided to rent in helensvale found a great house right on the golf course OH is well impressed,filled in the application form and payed 6 months upfront, pick the keys up on tuesdat, found our son a school and he starts next week as well. Every thing still great or so i thought, rang the removal company up coz i had an e-mail from the firm in the uk saying our furniture was due in Brisbane on the 20th August so i thought i would give it a week to get cleared and then they could deliever next Wednesday. spoke to the company over herd and he told me our stuff wount be here till the 20th September, i didnt know weather to laugh or cry, so we carnt move in now, without now furniture, im gutted to say the lease. We will have to rent our holiday rental till the stuff comes, more money.
OH has just told me his certificates for work or on the ship, so he carnt change his licences over till they come as well.
Other than all that, we love it over here, bought a car today a land rover its lovely,

Speak soon

Ann
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: bloody removal company

Originally Posted by lee10ann
Hi

Been here now for two weeks and fingers crossed every thing is going well, hired a car to get around coz we had to find a house to rent and a school to find. we travelled everywere and decided to rent in helensvale found a great house right on the golf course OH is well impressed,filled in the application form and payed 6 months upfront, pick the keys up on tuesdat, found our son a school and he starts next week as well. Every thing still great or so i thought, rang the removal company up coz i had an e-mail from the firm in the uk saying our furniture was due in Brisbane on the 20th August so i thought i would give it a week to get cleared and then they could deliever next Wednesday. spoke to the company over herd and he told me our stuff wount be here till the 20th September, i didnt know weather to laugh or cry, so we carnt move in now, without now furniture, im gutted to say the lease. We will have to rent our holiday rental till the stuff comes, more money.
OH has just told me his certificates for work or on the ship, so he carnt change his licences over till they come as well.
Other than all that, we love it over here, bought a car today a land rover its lovely,

Speak soon

Ann
Removal companies are all as bad as each other. Why such a long delay though?
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Speak soon

Ann
Take the rental and hire some furniture. Its always takes a few weeks to get unloaded and clear Customs and AQIS once it arrives in port - your quote is pretty quick as sometimes it can take months.
Don't fly at the removal company until you know its them thats stalling and that the delay isn't out of their hands.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Speak soon

Ann
Take the rental and :
Buy table and chairs for the garden - use them inside until furniture arrives.
Buy blow-up mattresses as beds
Buy a cheap telly
Buy some cheap pots, pans, plates etc

With all that, you can live day-to-day. Honestly, it's better to get your rental, move in and start making it your home. I bet it would also be a lot cheaper than staying in the holiday rental.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hi

Speak soon

Ann
Hi Ann,

We also had a long delay with our stuff in Freemantle, due to staff shortages. I can only agree with Hoofie in his suggestions. Our rental place was partly furnished, although we still had to buy cheap pots and pans (ours have been stored away that we bothered to bring over cause they were "ours!")

Glad you are settling in well!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Take the rental and :
Buy a cheap telly

With all that, you can live day-to-day. Honestly, it's better to get your rental, move in and start making it your home. I bet it would also be a lot cheaper than staying in the holiday rental.

Or beg steal and borrow from your mates in the meantime!!
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:27 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Take the rental and :
Buy a cheap telly

yep we did this as well ( for 2 months ) to be honest it was quite an adventure