Bloody Family

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:29 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bloody Family

This morning I could scream, hit something or indulge myself in a tiny little tantrum!!!

Had a conversation last night in which I was told I hadn't thought about the effects of being away from the grandparents would have on my children. These are the grandparents presumably, that due to their own fossilised ideas of routine & order, have never seen the kids more than twice per year, or even talked to them on the phone apart from on occasional birthdays. It's ridiculous.

How come family can play only a minimum role in your lives, never a sign of a conversation for months, let alone support at difficult times, yet suddenly, when you mention emigrating, they're on the phone every 5 minutes voicing all sorts of concerns about you? Or how about the kids dad, who never phoned, texted or visited them for nearly 6 months & since he's received his solicitor's letter, is now phoning every week, web-camming & taking the kids to visit his parents???

And yes, I've thought about the old "well.... you don't know how much you care about someone until they're leaving...." utter rubbish. In terms of how the kids & I have led our lives the last few years, NOTHING is going to change - it's irrelevant where we live.

Jeezus H. Christ :curse::curse::curse:
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:33 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bloody Family

feel better?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Time to open a bottle and pour a large one?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:51 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
feel better?
Lol! That bad eh?

Sorry

B*ll*cks to them all!!!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:52 am
Da bing bing!

Originally Posted by esperanza
Time to open a bottle and pour a large one?
I can't.....don't drink!!!

Pure & clean-living - that's me
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Lol! That bad eh?

Sorry

B*ll*cks to them all!!!
my fav sentence!!!! : b*ll*cks to them all.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

pominNoosa will become famous soon enough

on a break in the UK at the moment and happened to watch Wanted Down Under which is new since I left Blighty. Did anyone see it this morning?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Sheffman will become famous soon enough

This morning I could scream, hit something or indulge myself in a tiny little tantrum!!!

Had a conversation last night in which I was told I hadn't thought about the effects of being away from the grandparents would have on my children. These are the grandparents presumably, that due to their own fossilised ideas of routine & order, have never seen the kids more than twice per year, or even talked to them on the phone apart from on occasional birthdays. It's ridiculous.

How come family can play only a minimum role in your lives, never a sign of a conversation for months, let alone support at difficult times, yet suddenly, when you mention emigrating, they're on the phone every 5 minutes voicing all sorts of concerns about you? Or how about the kids dad, who never phoned, texted or visited them for nearly 6 months & since he's received his solicitor's letter, is now phoning every week, web-camming & taking the kids to visit his parents???

And yes, I've thought about the old "well.... you don't know how much you care about someone until they're leaving...." utter rubbish. In terms of how the kids & I have led our lives the last few years, NOTHING is going to change - it's irrelevant where we live.

Jeezus H. Christ :curse::curse::curse:
Hey its easy, you just ignore the lot of them, sorry to me its pure selfishness,mixed with envy and jealousy, why wouldnt anyone be happy, if they where doing something for a better life?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:01 am
Da bing bing!

Yep.... watched bits of it.... I thought it was a shame to televise the kids being so upset.

A lot of these families situations are very different to mine though - I can understand it if they have been very close, supportive & spent a lot of time together, but that has never been our situation.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Sheffman
Hey its easy, you just ignore the lot of them, sorry to me its pure selfishness,mixed with envy and jealousy, why wouldnt anyone be happy, if they where doing something for a better life?
Sheffield?

where abouts?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:05 am
Forum Regular

pominNoosa will become famous soon enough

Yep.... watched bits of it.... I thought it was a shame to televise the kids being so upset.
Agreed. And I thought it was totally out of order for one of the grans to use such emotional blackmail on her video opportunity. (this is where i discover they are BE users )
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:06 am
Da bing bing!

Jeeze!!! I'm about to get my thread hijacked by a bunch of whippet chasers - can things get any worse???

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:07 am
Da bing bing!

Originally Posted by pominNoosa
Agreed. And I thought it was totally out of order for one of the grans to use such emotional blackmail on her video opportunity. (this is where i discover they are BE users )
Oh yes, I saw that bit...."I may not be here for much longer..." *add sorrowful teardrop*

Nauseating.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Sheffman will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
Sheffield?

where abouts?
Handsworth,, you?
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:08 am

Jeeze!!! I'm about to get my thread hijacked by a bunch of whippet chasers - can things get any worse???

yes. you forgot about the relish and football derby that was on over the weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.