bloody doctors...

Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:34 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default bloody doctors...

anyone else had trouble getting the doctor to write a letter.

i have the forms here for my meds and it says bring a letter from your doctor detailing an ops you have had...my bleedin doctor wont give me one regarding a hernia op and back problems i had ten years ago..

as i do not have back problems now should i not mention it..

as for the hernia,well thats long gone...

any thoughts?

aston...

Last edited by aston man; Feb 25th 2007 at 9:37 am.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bloody doctors...

I dont think i had to bring anything from my doctors about past operations etc & i have had a few! Just had to write it on the form when i went for my meds ! Perhaps its different rules where you have your meds done.

Good luck Aston ! really the meds are very straight forward. Please dont stress about them.

Nicky
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

We wrote things on to our medical form too without any documentation from our GPs.
However, if you wanted to be sure then you are entitled to a copy of your medical records. Some people like to do this anyway, to refer to once they are in Oz, although many people say there is no need. Personally I have because I know I would never remember the dates of problems or the names of drugs etc I have been prescribed every now and then - who knows when it could become important in the future. Cost me £13 and took a few days to get sorted out. Should detail all medical appointments you have ever had, inc ops.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:25 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
We wrote things on to our medical form too without any documentation from our GPs.
However, if you wanted to be sure then you are entitled to a copy of your medical records. Some people like to do this anyway, to refer to once they are in Oz, although many people say there is no need. Personally I have because I know I would never remember the dates of problems or the names of drugs etc I have been prescribed every now and then - who knows when it could become important in the future. Cost me £13 and took a few days to get sorted out. Should detail all medical appointments you have ever had, inc ops.
i could kiss you two..

thanks for your help..thats brilliant..

love marcus...xxxx
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:27 am
Banned

MD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud ofMD09 has much to be proud of

After 10 years at uni the docs probably got writers cramp and sick of filling out bloody forms.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MD09
After 10 years at uni the docs probably got writers cramp and sick of filling out bloody forms.
Doctors' writing is illegible anyway!

No need for kisses Marcus, glad to be of assistance,
Old Feb 25th 2007, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aston man

i have the forms here for my meds and it says bring a letter from your doctor detailing an ops you have had...my bleedin doctor wont give me one regarding a hernia op and back problems i had ten years ago..

any thoughts?

aston...
The only thing we got from our GP was immunisation records for the kids. But only cos I forgot to take their red books for a few of them so they weren't in there. Both me and my husband have had some minor ops in the past, but nothing that is relevant to our present medical condition. We just listed them. The panel doctor asked us about them and that was it. Everything must have been ok cos we got the visa on Friday!! I wouldn't worry about it.

Nicky x
Old Feb 25th 2007, 4:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man

any thoughts?

aston...
Hi M, we didn't get any letter's off our doctor, all I did was ring surgery up, spoke to the secretary and she gave me exact dates and what the op's were called (properly!!!) and where they were performed, and I just wrote all that on the form
Old Feb 25th 2007, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

jwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond reputejwood has a reputation beyond repute

Hi M
I wrote to mine and hubby's doctors requesting copies of medical records. I explained what i needed them for and then they copied them for me and told us to pick them up from the surgeries. You only need to ask for any procedures within the last 5 years. Also my son had a growth removed from his back last tuesday and when i phoned the surgery for the details they gave me the fax number. I faxed the request on Thursday and my hubby picked them up on Friday evening. It cost £10 for hubby's records, £10 for mine and £20 for my son's. I didn't think the doctor could refuse as they are your records not the doctors. Try asking him to photocopy them instesd of writing something.
Hope this helps.
Jackie
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:53 am
life's good

allison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the roughallison is a jewel in the rough

bottom line is you don't need any reocrds to see a gp in oz - what is more unlike the uk u can can go and visit any dr you lie at anytime. the only issue is when it comes to insurance and so far I do not know how far uk records stand.

on another point not all gps have iilegible handwriting and whatsmore these days most records in a decent uk practice are computerised anyway - charges variable
Old Feb 27th 2007, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by allison
on another point not all gps have iilegible handwriting and whatsmore these days most records in a decent uk practice are computerised anyway - charges variable
Are you a GP, perchance?! Ok, not all doctors have illegible writing.
Lots of my records were handwritten though, and I suppose for anyone over the age of 10 or 15 there will be non-computerised bits to their records.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:39 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Aston, I wouldn`t panic too much - we had our meds yesterday and all I did was contact my GP for exact dates. Panel Doc just asked a few questions and seemed quite happy!