Bloody cheek!

Old May 28th 2012, 10:58 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bloody cheek!

I know this is going to appear racist, but it's an actual event, so it's not a generalization. Make your own judgements...

I am completing a distance education course at a very prestiegious university. It has taken me some time due to me being on some remote locations.

I am listed on LinkedIn and it mentions the course and qualification. Someone from a well known Country contacted me today, saying he was planning to enroll next year for the same course. He asked some general questions about the course. I replied with some information.

He then replied asking about reading material, so I emailed him some PDF books relevant to the course.

He has now emailed back and just about directly asked me for my assignments, to "help him on the course". I have told him to piss off.

The sad thing is that as so many of his countrymen are on the course, one of them will send him the work. It demeans the whole course, and is typical of people from this country with their "the end justifies the means" attitude.

People from that particular county wonder why they are scrutinized when it comes to qualifications. I can see why......
Old May 28th 2012, 11:04 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bloody cheek!

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
I know this is going to appear racist, but it's an actual event, so it's not a generalization. Make your own judgements...

I am completing a distance education course at a very prestiegious university. It has taken me some time due to me being on some remote locations.

I am listed on LinkedIn and it mentions the course and qualification. Someone from a well known Country contacted me today, saying he was planning to enroll next year for the same course. He asked some general questions about the course. I replied with some information.

He then replied asking about reading material, so I emailed him some PDF books relevant to the course.

He has now emailed back and just about directly asked me for my assignments, to "help him on the course". I have told him to piss off.

The sad thing is that as so many of his countrymen are on the course, one of them will send him the work. It demeans the whole course, and is typical of people from this country with their "the end justifies the means" attitude.

People from that particular county wonder why they are scrutinized when it comes to qualifications. I can see why......
You have named, and failed to name numerous countries. Either cheaters never win... or it's only cheating if you get caught. Or if your'e not cheating then your'e not trying. (not serious)

Last edited by Beaverstate; May 28th 2012 at 11:11 am.
Old May 28th 2012, 11:19 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beaverstate
You have named, and failed to name numerous countries. Either cheaters never win... or it's only cheating if you get caught. Or if your'e not cheating then your'e not trying. (not serious)
The problem is if they cheat in the exams they are completely bloody useless when it comes to implementing the knowledge - something I have repeatedly noticed when I worked in the IT industry. They would repeatedly wave qualifications under my nose, but completely fail to deliver , either because they cheated like this, or just lied about having the qualifications.

And the sad thing is if I mention the country (or to be more correct entire area) then everyone will scream racist.

Another nail into the coffin of respect for people from that area....
Old May 28th 2012, 11:22 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is if they cheat in the exams they are completely bloody useless when it comes to implementing the knowledge - something I have repeatedly noticed when I worked in the IT industry. They would repeatedly wave qualifications under my nose, but completely fail to deliver , either because they cheated like this, or just lied about having the qualifications.

And the sad thing is if I mention the country (or to be more correct entire area) then everyone will scream racist.

Take a read through the immigration section of this forum for thousands of examples of exactly what you're talking about. "Can anyone send me a copy of their work references so I can use them for DIAC?" "I'm looking for a copy of a CDR for Engineers Australia" "Please help! I don't have the required 6 in each IELTS band. Can someone tell me how to beat the test so I can claim 20 points?"
Old May 28th 2012, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

papilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond reputepapilon has a reputation beyond repute

Australian???
Old May 28th 2012, 11:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Dont get me started on this one...... As my Granny used to say... Never a borrower nor a lender be.... ESPECIALLY when it comes to academic work....

Quite happy to guide students/colleagues.... Get them thinking.... Do some freewheeling and essay writing practice with them... But they never get MY work and I wont do it for them... I just help them put down their own ideas and prompt new ones

i got "used" on one occassion and nearly got into serious strife ... When the course leader recognised one of my essays that his post reg student had submitted as her own.... She should have been struck off the nursing register IMHO...it really should have gone to the Nurses board.. She was just failed on her course.... And lost a friend in the process.. I was lucky they believed me when I said I was horrified that she had stolen my work.... And I was... Personally and professionally mortified.
Old May 28th 2012, 11:33 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Take a read through the immigration section of this forum for thousands of examples of exactly what you're talking about. "Can anyone send me a copy of their work references so I can use them for DIAC?" "I'm looking for a copy of a CDR for Engineers Australia" "Please help! I don't have the required 6 in each IELTS band. Can someone tell me how to beat the test so I can claim 20 points?"
That's essentially exactly how it was worded to me...

Bloody cheek!
Old May 28th 2012, 11:35 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

I don't disagree with you. Just seems to be the prevailing philosophy
Old May 28th 2012, 11:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You got here before I did!
Old May 28th 2012, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

It's so prestigious they even spell it differently!!!!!
Old May 28th 2012, 11:52 am
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by Hebe
It's so prestigious they even spell it differently!!!!!
Baaaa - iPad big fingers on a small screen. ( and no spell check?)

Old May 28th 2012, 12:11 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Tell ya what. A guy I know decided to shell out for an MBA from one of the top schools in the US of A and to give himself a boost enrolled into a prep course. He said he was the only one in the group, not originating from the respected country I think you are referring (and the one next to it). Cheating is not cheating if everyone does it, not only it dilutes the, umm, (ah, hell with it) the elitism inherent to the schools like that, but the entire system of qualifications.
Old May 28th 2012, 12:39 pm
Not allowed opinions.

Originally Posted by newjersey
Tell ya what. A guy I know decided to shell out for an MBA from one of the top schools in the US of A and to give himself a boost enrolled into a prep course. He said he was the only one in the group, not originating from the respected country I think you are referring (and the one next to it). Cheating is not cheating if everyone does it, not only it dilutes the, umm, (ah, hell with it) the elitism inherent to the schools like that, but the entire system of qualifications.
Cheating isn't cheating if everyone does it - until it comes to the guy flying your plane at 30,000 feet. Or about to take your appendix out.....

Old May 28th 2012, 12:58 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Cheating isn't cheating if everyone does it - until it comes to the guy flying your plane at 30,000 feet. Or about to take your appendix out.....

Heh, too true. The problem comes into play at a point where you have two individuals plastered in certifications head to toe, and have almost no objective chance to pick one over another, not without stepping into the 'R' discussion. One of the programmers I worked with had a nickname "I will fix it", need I tell more.
Old May 28th 2012, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Dewsbury, West Yorkshire but aiming for distant shores....
Reaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to beholdReaver is a splendid one to behold

You could always send them some doctored assignments, so they fail......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.