Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Bl**dy Hell the house over the road has just burned down!

Wikiposts

Bl**dy Hell the house over the road has just burned down!

Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Bl**dy Hell the house over the road has just burned down!

How very sad ...they were burgled and then the burglars set fire to the house when they left . Now they have nothing left. They were partially insured. How thoroughly disgusting :curse:
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
How very sad ...they were burgled and then the burglars set fire to the house when they left . Now they have nothing left. They were partially insured. How thoroughly disgusting :curse:
Would you have otherwise have been on the truck? Is that your local brigade.

I went to a house fire in July - best bit was the young lady thanking us afterwards. She was all doe-eyed 'an all.

One thing it taught me or reminded me was to make sure I wear pjs to bed.

Last edited by BadgeIsBack; Oct 26th 2007 at 10:44 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:47 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by storms
Really feel for the couple, saw the flames from our garden, and called 911, they were already on their way.

Storms
You called 911?
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:48 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
You called 911?
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I had to think about the number here. Just asked Chief if she knows it.

I think 911 is a bit crap myself.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 10:56 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
Are you referring to the fire in my street? where did you hear this, was it on the news?
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:01 pm
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Would you have otherwise have been on the truck? Is that your local brigade.
We don't do metro just country/bush areas.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:05 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kapri
I saw a house burn down when I was 15. The elderly lady initially got out but then went back in for her money didn't trust banks) and sadly died.
I'll never forget it - it's a frightening thing to see.
I drove past a house fire in full flight just before I left the UK. The local Chavs had fire-bombed a local terraced house because they didn't like the colour of their skin and/or the fact that they were willing to get up off their arses and get a job.

I'll never forget the roar of the fire and the fact that even though I had the windows up I still felt the heat as I went past. Nobody injured in the end though ... welcome to the Garden Of England (tm) indeed.

Had some close bushfires here so far too, not something to be joked about.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We don't do metro just country/bush areas.
The way it works here, in VIC is that your volunteer brigade is the 000 service otherwise you'd be too far from the station, and we are only 40k off from the CBD. Does this mean that paid firies man your area in your suburb but you choose to man a volunteer mob further away?

I thought our station was just for bush fires and that paid blokes turned up for structure and road rescue. I'd joined and it took a few weeks to realise we were it(!) I got a sinking feeling in my stomach and didn't tell Michelle.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:13 pm
(It's not my real name)

Does this mean that paid firies man your area in your suburb but you choose to man a volunteer mob further away?
There are 4 fire stations near me, Butler and Joondalup (red fire engines, paid fire men/women) are Fire and Rescure - car crashes, house fires. The other 2 are Quinns Rocks and Wanneroo (white fire engines, my mob) - bush fire brigade, volunteers.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There are 4 fire stations near me, Butler and Joondalup (red fire engines, paid fire men/women) are Fire and Rescure - car crashes, house fires. The other 2 are Quinns Rocks and Wanneroo (white fire engines, my mob) - bush fire brigade, volunteers.
Got it. Interesting how it works in different states,and the divison between rescue etc. We have dedicated volunteer Road Rescue brigades out on highways.

I know that QLD has permies, vols and an interim sort of structure where some vols get paid.

We don't get a cent, and our gear is 20 years out of date, even the Mets.
Victoria is considered well trained but the protective gear lets us down.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:29 pm
(It's not my real name)

We don't get a cent, and our gear is 20 years out of date, even the Mets.
Victoria is considered well trained but the protective gear lets us down.
We don't get a cent but our gear is tip top, got some great vehicles including a brand new 4000 litre tanker.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Are you referring to the fire in my street? where did you hear this, was it on the news?
Yes renth, it was on the 7 news this evening They said the fire was deliberately started after being burgled. They said the couple both worked from home, the husband in IT work and his wife in sales
I had seen it on the 10 news earlier but they didn't mention a burglary but the 7 news said it had been discovered that the fire had been started after it was burgled. I mentioned to my OH that you lived there...and then I saw your post ....so very sorry for them.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We don't get a cent but our gear is tip top, got some great vehicles including a brand new 4000 litre tanker.
Nice! Some brigades still raise money for extra gear but CFA supply the primary appliance. We have a 3000 litre tanker and that is considered largish.

It makes me laugh that even 10-15 years ago my brigade were turning out in old adapted utes/trucks with pumps, blokes standing onthe sideboards holding stepladders (joke). Looks like something out of Trumpton. A real rabble. It was 2001 before we got our current tanker.

We've come along way. Now we actually look like a fire brigade. Sh*t thats debateable. Our sister brigade has a long stretched tanker which looks the business. Nice.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

What a horrible thing to do to someone. It's bad enough being burgled, but for them to burn the rest of your life away it's just beyond me what they get out of it.

Very sad.

I think 911 is a bit crap myself.
It would take them a while to get there.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.