Bl***y cheek of it

Old Jun 21st 2009, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bl***y cheek of it

Aye, still got it.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 7:40 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
Sorry SC, got you a slice roll wi' tottie scone but looked everywhere & couldnae find you, so had to eat it meself. Got CO a few days ago. Meds next.
Gav gave up on the posting?
thats what i had yesterday
Old Jun 21st 2009, 11:39 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
thats what i had yesterday
Could be dain wi that this morning
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 12:02 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I'll count myself lucky. When one of my neighbours was away someone tried to break into his flat. I chased them away and boarded up his window. Fortunately he spent his money on a pack of beer rather than solicitors. A much better investment
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

buchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant futurebuchanan has a brilliant future

You all laughed at this but our solicitor who is dealing with the sale said it was not accepatble and the Estate Agents should have asked our permission first. Guess what - now they have moved some things into the property and filled the oil tank up - surely this is not acceptable- we have not even signed the contract yet let alone exchanged one. The estate agents have obviously allowed them to do this, I HATE THEM - the agents that is.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:34 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by buchanan
You all laughed at this but our solicitor who is dealing with the sale said it was not accepatble and the Estate Agents should have asked our permission first. Guess what - now they have moved some things into the property and filled the oil tank up - surely this is not acceptable- we have not even signed the contract yet let alone exchanged one. The estate agents have obviously allowed them to do this, I HATE THEM - the agents that is.
do you want to sell your house or not?
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:36 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
do you want to sell your house or not?
You might have to wait to see what the solicitor says.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:40 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Buchanan - kudos for having the balls to come back and post this.

Agree that the Agent should not have allowed them to move stuff in without checking with you first - although perhaps they are trying to do whatever it takes to keep your buyers happy and therefore keep your sale going through? Solicitors loathe estate agents and of course they are going to say the agent should have asked you first - surely you don't need a solicitor to tell you that!!! The filling up of the oil - surely that is a good thing!! What have you got to lose by them doing that? I don't mean to sound harsh but you really must pull yourself together.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:42 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Moving things into the property definitely is taking the piss. I would threaten the estate agents with legal action as theoretically they have allowed people to trespass inside the property. If they've decided to fill your oil tank up then I would keep quiet about this and if things fall through tell the buyer that removing the oil is completely at their expense and any damage that occurs is entirely their responsibility to put right.

Seriously, come down on the agents like the proverbial tonne of bricks.

I feel like I want to do it for you as this kind of behaviour by the estate agent is totally unethical and un-professional. We once had our house "fully-managed" when we lived in France (our house in the UK) and the estate agents charged us a lot of money for only visiting the property once in 8 months. Out of sight and out of mind.

I f*****g hate estate agents too.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:50 am
Forum Regular

twizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the roughtwizzle is a jewel in the rough

see the trouble at this point is that the buyers have now crossed the line... agents have let them, yes, but the fact is, if no contracts have been signed & exchanged then if the sale falls through, your 'buyers' now have part occupation of your property. This is never good. And that's where things can start to become very very tricky if it falls through, cos then you have to start legal proceedings to get them out if they don't go, and you're faced with the hassle & the cost.

I'd have it out with your agent, it's not on. Get your solicitor to speak to them if necessary.
It's fine to help the buyers out, who are keen, clearly want to get moving asap. But they can't start expecting rights to the property unless they want to hurry up the exchange. I think it's one thing to go along & tidy up the garden (which still borders on not feeling quite right to me) but it's entirely another to start moving things in, and having full access to the property, at this stage in the process.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:56 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twizzle
see the trouble at this point is that the buyers have now crossed the line... agents have let them, yes, but the fact is, if no contracts have been signed & exchanged then if the sale falls through, your 'buyers' now have part occupation of your property. This is never good. And that's where things can start to become very very tricky if it falls through, cos then you have to start legal proceedings to get them out if they don't go, and you're faced with the hassle & the cost.

I'd have it out with your agent, it's not on. Get your solicitor to speak to them if necessary.
It's fine to help the buyers out, who are keen, clearly want to get moving asap. But they can't start expecting rights to the property unless they want to hurry up the exchange. I think it's one thing to go along & tidy up the garden (which still borders on not feeling quite right to me) but it's entirely another to start moving things in, and having full access to the property, at this stage in the process.
It astounds me that some people cannot make a clear distinction what would be deemed acceptable behaviour and completely unacceptable and disrespectful behaviour.

If the agents have lied to the buyer then the buyer cannot be blamed but if it is mutually understood that no explicit permission has been given by the vendor then the buyer is acting in a selfish and immoral manner.

Is this house in the UK and the vendor in Australia?
Old Jun 26th 2009, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Santa is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to beholdSanta is a splendid one to behold

Tell you what, why dont you pull out of the sale now before these scoundrels upset you even more !

At the very least you would have got yourself a free tank of oil.

Actually, that's not a good idea, perhaps you should sell the oil to pay the solicitor.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 6:01 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I mean what next - maybe they'll sneak in and build a state of the art granny flat with all mod cons.

Bet you'd erupt over that one
Old Jun 26th 2009, 6:03 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
I mean what next - maybe they'll sneak in and build a state of the art granny flat with all mod cons.

Bet you'd erupt over that one
'Bey'? (it was 'Bey' I tall ya!!!)

Last edited by DunRoaminTheUK; Jun 26th 2009 at 6:04 am. Reason: ScottishKilts corrected faster than I could post.....
Old Jun 26th 2009, 6:05 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
'Bey'? (it was 'Bey' I tall ya!!!)
Who is this Bey you speak of?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.