Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

A bit of URGENT help needed!

A bit of URGENT help needed!

Old Nov 22nd 2008, 4:32 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A bit of URGENT help needed!

Originally Posted by Sam
condolences to you and Pauline Soapy

Didn't Moneypen travel as a citizen but with no Aus passport recently???

Give her a shout and see how she did it
yeh, bix thought that too

if we nip to brissie tomorrow they might give her an aussie passport
so they say
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 6:05 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
yeh, bix thought that too

if we nip to brissie tomorrow they might give her an aussie passport
so they say
Good luck with that guys.

So sorry to hear your news, I'm sure all this farting around over a passport is not what you need right now. A lesson to us all, I guess...to make sure our paperwork is up to date as we never know when we might need it urgently. Your in my thoughts.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 6:07 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

thanks pal.
y'know pauline said to me that we should get the passports as soon as. but as usual i was too mean and said we might never need them. i forgot that this will happen to us a lot over the next few years.
thanks for the kind words pal
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 6:14 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks pal.
y'know pauline said to me that we should get the passports as soon as. but as usual i was too mean and said we might never need them. i forgot that this will happen to us a lot over the next few years.
thanks for the kind words pal
Moneypen travelled to the UK just after becoming a citizen - she took the paperwork with her and had no probs getting back in without the passport - drop her a pm Soapy mate, and give Pauline a hug from me
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 7:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Only me Sorry about the news but Pauline should be fine travelling with her UK passport as long as she also carries a certified copy of her citizenship certificate. I had so many conversations with both DIAC and the Passport Office and all of them (bar one bitch) said there was absolutely no reason why I should have any aggro. DIAC told me (more than once and all different people) that whilst you're now a Citizen, the visa in the UK passport hasn't actually expired (the final date on it that you had to be in the country by) and therefore becomes an RRV on it's own.

If you have more than 48 working hours available you can get an Aussie Passport in Brisbane - you just ring them up, explain the circumstances and they will give you an emergency appointment and get you the passport inside 48 hours.

However if you can get her on the plane prior to that and don't have time for the passport or the finding a JP for the certifying of the certificate, just take the original and keep it close (ie don't lose it) and she should have no bother.

The only other thing she will need to do, is when filling in the arrival form coming back on the plane, complete it as a Citizen and as soon as she gets to passport control, hand over the passport and the form and explain why she filled it in as a citizen and tell them she has her certificate with her. She will be taken to one side and they will take a copy of her certificate and send her on her way.

Hope that helps mate and send Pauline a hug.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Only me Sorry about the news but Pauline should be fine travelling with her UK passport as long as she also carries a certified copy of her citizenship certificate. I had so many conversations with both DIAC and the Passport Office and all of them (bar one bitch) said there was absolutely no reason why I should have any aggro. DIAC told me (more than once and all different people) that whilst you're now a Citizen, the visa in the UK passport hasn't actually expired (the final date on it that you had to be in the country by) and therefore becomes an RRV on it's own.

If you have more than 48 working hours available you can get an Aussie Passport in Brisbane - you just ring them up, explain the circumstances and they will give you an emergency appointment and get you the passport inside 48 hours.

However if you can get her on the plane prior to that and don't have time for the passport or the finding a JP for the certifying of the certificate, just take the original and keep it close (ie don't lose it) and she should have no bother.

The only other thing she will need to do, is when filling in the arrival form coming back on the plane, complete it as a Citizen and as soon as she gets to passport control, hand over the passport and the form and explain why she filled it in as a citizen and tell them she has her certificate with her. She will be taken to one side and they will take a copy of her certificate and send her on her way.

Hi soapy, just wanted to send our condolences to you n yours. . .just shows how many miles away we all are at times like this. . .take care.

Mandy
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry about the news mate. Gie Pauline a big hug fae me n Angie. Good luck.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:50 am
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

this is what i was hoping. we have left it a bit late as pauline is working today, so we have no chance of getting an aussie passport in time.
My mrs ( katsmajic ) had THE CALL last saturday, about her nephew she flew back from Adelaide to Heathrow this morning it really hits home hoe ar away you are from your friends and family, but we said today on the way to the airport we said how much Australia feels like home.

Condolences to everyone at this time.
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:53 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Moneypen travelled to the UK just after becoming a citizen - she took the paperwork with her and had no probs getting back in without the passport - drop her a pm Soapy mate, and give Pauline a hug from me
thanks polly. as usual pen has all the answers
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:54 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by moneypen20

thanks again pen. it has made me think though.
i wonder how many new aussies knew this?
might be worth a sticky of some sort?
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by mandyp
Hi soapy, just wanted to send our condolences to you n yours. . .just shows how many miles away we all are at times like this. . .take care.

Mandy
your right mandy, this is when it hits me
ill let pauline know you posted pal
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:57 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by framac67
Sorry about the news mate. Gie Pauline a big hug fae me n Angie. Good luck.
will do pal, thanks

oh and whos gawnae look efter me fur two weeks....................... perty time!
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:57 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Katsmajics other half !!!
My mrs ( katsmajic ) had THE CALL last saturday, about her nephew she flew back from Adelaide to Heathrow this morning it really hits home hoe ar away you are from your friends and family, but we said today on the way to the airport we said how much Australia feels like home.

Condolences to everyone at this time.
very well said and thank you
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 9:01 am
Master of verbal pish©

oh and Pauline just told me to thank all who have sent karma (you all know who you are)
very nice touch guys and very touching words
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 9:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks again pen. it has made me think though.
i wonder how many new aussies knew this?
might be worth a sticky of some sort?
In an ideal world we'd all have the money to get the passports immediately and also never have the dreaded call. But even in my world that doesn't happen so yes, it would help the info being in the useful tips bit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.